• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And that's exactly why the Note 4s battery life poops on all it's qhd counterparts especially the Nexus 6. Screen tech and software optimization has done wonders for this phones battery life

Especially my wack g3. Cant wait to cop that note

M8 is a great phone in its own right, but at this point there's no way I'd choose it over the the Note 4 or Nexus 6, or heck even the iPhone 6 Plus.
I'd give you the Note 4 maybe because of the camera, and If you want the large screen size....and maybe the 6 plus for the same reasons.....but other than that?  M8 still faster and more stable than those phones, and has an equivalent/better battery life than the Nexus and 6+ with a much smaller capacity battery.  The M8 is still a valid choice even at this point.

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]Shimmy, I agree the M8 is stillba relevant device. Speed is subjective though. There's no slow phones released in 2014 of the major competitors. That screen though is bonkers...not just size, just purely beautiful.

Sidenote: Phi, you should see the technology fights me and the Nupes from my grad school be having. It's hilarious and it gets heated at times.

[/COLOR]

M8 is a great phone in its own right, but at this point there's no way I'd choose it over the the Note 4 or Nexus 6, or heck even the iPhone 6 Plus.
Right I wouldnt either if it wasnt for the big screen, if the screen size were the same I'm going with the M8

I was going to get a G3 but I see the resell value is to low ,half of what M8 is right now

I have to options now, get the tmobile nexus 6 or wait it out for the new m9 coming in a few months

Shout out to whoever posted that pic of the unlimited 4g LTE on tmobile , 2 lines for $100. Switched my plan to it. Now no more throttling thanks. NT always come thru
Kind of sucks say if we have 4 lines, each line have to be switched to it.. So if I had 5 lines it will be 2 for $100 then $40 for each other line mandatory. Tmobile now have the 4 lines for $100 back... 2.5 gig data each

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]the disdain for Touchwhiz is blown so much out of proportion to where it's actually comical. every single OS/Skin available stock has its tradeoffs.

Another thing reviewers mention is how flimsy the back cover is...when it's REMOVED from the phone. Why does that matter when it's solid when used properly...meaning when it's attached to the phone :lol: [/COLOR]

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]the disdain for Touchwhiz is blown so much out of proportion to where it's actually comical. every single OS/Skin available stock has its tradeoffs.

Another thing reviewers mention is how flimsy the back cover is...when it's REMOVED from the phone. Why does that matter when it's solid when used properly...meaning when it's attached to the phone :lol: [/COLOR]

Nah Touchwiz sucks.

Picked up the LG G watch for $80 along with a $50 Google Play credit from BB on Black Friday.

I like it for the price but would never spend $200+ for one of these. I do find myself checking it instead of my phone when I wear it, but there's no Wow factor.

Also, when I pair it with my OPO, the phone tends restart once a day or so. Not sure why. Seems like a CM11 on the OPO, maybe Bluetooth, problem for me.

Considering getting this for the new year. Especially since I don't wear a watch, it'd be a somewhat cheap toy to play with

Had the Note 4 almost a week..... love it.

Touchwiz does suck coming from stock Android. The screen is amazing, the battery is so so to this point, one day I got 6 hrs OST, today I was down to 20% and only reached 3 hrs OST. Going to try it out with auto brightness to see how that works.

The Camera is also so much better than the Nexus 5.

never liked touchwiz or sense.

LG's UI is not bad.

[COLOR=#red]In other news. One of my frat brothers who a techie that works at Best Buy didn't believe me when I said the Surface Pro 3 is the same thickness of the Galaxy S5...so I took pics to prove it to him.

Now that's some sick tech. That's a lot or power and battery life for a device that runs Windows 8.1 Professional in the desktop version with a beautiful HD screen with battery life around 7 hours in such a slim for factor. It runs full PC programs and has tablet optimized apps at the same dam time. Also it's not flimsy...it's a magnesium exoskeleton that's both stronger and lighter than aluminum and steel so it has absolutely no flex...word to Ear Drummers spelled backwards.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]If you can save up for it it's definitely worth it IMO. But to be honest I would wait for the Surface Pro 4 at this point.

I took class notes entirely on it last semester and it was definitely a factor with me getting a 4.0. I was able to make pdf copies of my handwritten notes complete with illustrations and pass them out in my study groups? [/COLOR]
Want that surface really bad, so expensive though :frown:

Touchwiz is ugly, a huge resource hog, and offers nothing in the way of utility or style.

LG, HTC, even Sony have skins that manage to provide something. Touchwiz and those terrible Samsung apps are abominations.

Last edited:
2013 nexus 7 still worth picking up at this point? Wondering if its worth the extra 2 inches no homo.

Back
Top Bottom