• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I only had two phones the last year the Z ultra and the LG Lotus lmao

#pobre

Last edited:
 [h1]BLU Studio Energy now available in the US with a 5000mAh battery[/h1]
12 February, 2015 | Comments (22)  | Post your comment

Tags: BLUAndroid

Miami-based BLU announced today the launch of its Studio Energy  smartphone on the US market. The smartphone was unveiled at CES in January alongside a number of budget friendly devices, targetting specific niches. Its headline feature is the huge 5000mAh battery, currently the highest capacity in the smartphone realm, the company claims.
gsmarena_001.jpg

That amount of juice translates into 45 days of standby time or 4 days of regular use, according to BLU's calculations. Thickness has been kept at a manageable 10.4mm, but weight may be more disturbing at 180g.

The BLU Studio Energy features a 5-inch display of 720x1280 pixels resulting in a 294ppi density. Computing power comes from a quad-core processor, clocked at 1.3GHz, coupled with 1GB of RAM. An 8MP camera on the back is responsible for capturing the world, while a 2MP front snapper takes care of selfies.

The newly launched smartphone will boot Android 4.4 out of the box, but the company promises a Lollipop update in June. The device is available now on Amazon for $149, unlocked.

Source

[COLOR=#red]Peeps doing all this phone switching because they not satisfied...with Samsung you only buy 2 phones a year...the latest Galaxy S and the Galaxy Note.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Peeps doing all this phone switching because they not satisfied...with Samsung you only buy 2 phones a year...the latest Galaxy S and the Galaxy Note.[/COLOR]
At first, I thought you was just trying to give Samsung a good review and rave about the latest S as I continue to frequent this thread I see you are no better than an Apple Stan.

There's a reason why a lot of the companies have the edge jump 2 year upgrade etc. People just want the latest phone because is the new toy.

Just saying, defending a good product is not a problem but constantly putting other good products down because you prefer a brand, is.

With your statement you, yourself are saying that you have to buy two phones a year because you arent satisfied with the previous phones. Seems like throwing stones while living in a glass house.

Just human nature bruh ...

Last edited:
I love it. I came from a GNex so I'm sure any new flagship would be impressive to me and I can't compare it to anything recent or newer.

I love the design, it still feels a bit slippery but hopefully the Hula case I have coming in will help with that. I went with the bamboo back, but the leather and even the soft touch colors looked really appealing. I've been getting on average 4 hours of screen on time with a lot of games, web browsing, messaging, etc. My cell signal is also pretty weak in my apartment so I know that'll hurt the battery. Camera is good, it can be hit and miss sometimes, but you can take good pictures with it. 

I like the Moto features on it too. I love that I can wave my hand over the phone and it'll light up with the time and notifications, or simply picking it up will bring up the Moto Display feature. It's always on listening is cool too, so as I'm getting ready I can shout to my phone and ask what the weather will be like. I haven't used it but it'll also automatically detect when you're driving too. So little features like that are cool on top of stock Android.Performance wise it flies and haven't had a major issue with anything yet. It hasn't frozen or lagged seriously. It doesn't have dual front facing speakers but the one front facing speaker is solid and loud enough. I'm still getting used to some kinks with Lollipop, but that's not a specific Moto X issue.

Basically it checked off enough boxes for me so that's why I went with it. The few "drawbacks" would be the battery isn't the greatest, no expandable storage (but with cloud services that's less of a problem), and the camera is good but not great. The battery (also not removable) could be better, but between quick chargers, external USB battery packs, car chargers, it's not as much of a problem. And it takes great shots, but might struggle more with indoor/lowlight images, or with moving objects too like kids.

I'd absolutely recommend it and I've been happy with my purchase. Although something like the Zenphone is interesting, as is the new M9. But I like the simple additions and helpful features Moto made to Android, love the design, and I used the same discount but from Cyber Monday so the price was good too. 
Anyone here own a Moto X (2014)?

Since picking up the Moto X I don't think I've been able to pull 4 hours OST (3:30-3:50ish typically). I have terrible signal through out my house, which is probably the cause of my sub par battery life. Yet I'm satisified due to the fact that this thing has probably the best signal of any phone I've ever had. Even with the black hole that is my house I can walk through my house and hold a call.

This is miles better then my G2 (which easily got 4.5-5 hours SOT before going to crap) but had to step outside or chance it near a window.

I didn't factory reset my phone when I updated to lollipop as was suggested yet as far as I know its running good.

Like mentioned, the feel of this phone is gotta be top 3 for android devices. Quality is outstanding and the leather back feels great.

Having read other peoples comments on reddit moto customer service is hit and miss but have seen people get their previous generation motoXs replaced with the 14. That's quality customer service in my eyes.

Am considering contacting Motorola regarding my average battery life and wouldn't be surprised if they give me a code to build a new device.

thanks for the replies.

I'm reading around that some people have some troubles with using Straight Talk (T-Mobile). You guys happen to use that are your service?

and since we're just about 6 months after it's release. any problems with lag or that sort of thing?

Last edited:
Has anybody had trouble leaving sprint and them A.) not sending you your final bill or B.) Sending you to collections before sending your final bill?

[emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom