• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If they do make their own hardware next year, everyone with 6P's this year gonna be unhappy.

Why? If I'm happy with my device, why would I care who manufactures it?

I don't think you guys realize that Google is an advertising company first and foremost. All the other stuff (search engine, Youtube, Gmail, etc.) is to keep you hanging in their ecosystem and seeing/clicking their ads.

On another note, my frost 64GB finally shipped and it should be in my hands tomorrow afternoon. Thank you based jesus [emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]

Lobo got people like

About the giveaways, how about having the "winner" donate money to a charity? Like for a Nexus 9 it'd be $100 to charity, or Moto 360 it'd be $50 to charity.

This way it shows the recipient actually wants the device (and if they resell it it'd be for minimal gain), the recipient still gets a device for dirt cheap, the society benefits, and lobo is granted sainthood.

Just a thought ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Got that samsung $1 promo e-mail for the edge+ but I need to enroll on an iphone and don't have one :frown:. Gotta find someone who has one and use theirs. Anybody else get the e-mail? Maybe their is a workaround :nerd:

Last edited:
It'll happen eventually. Only if and when Android becomes closed source

Not true at all, pa. Google literally can not make Android closed source without also opening themselves up for a littany of anti-trust lawsuits, especially in Russia where they are already under heavy scruntiny for "anti-competitive" practices. Google was never focused on entering the smartphone market as a major player, and their only major attempt at that was the Nexus 6. If you paid attention to the in-store sales figures for Nexus 6 devices....you know it didn't go very well for them.

Google's primary focus with producing phones have been twofold since Android's inception: use the Nexus line to offer consumers a vanilla android experience while testing new hardware and software features in conjunction with new versions of the operating system, and use the One line to break into emerging markets while encouraging other manufacturers to scale back on replicating functionality that Google already provides through its app suite (remember all those S-apps from the Galaxy line?) The Nexus line was much more successful than the One line, but they're relaunching the One line to pursue a more unified Android experience across devices.

It'd be easier for Google to create an entirely new operating system than it would be for them to change Android into a closed source project at this point, unless they decide to just take the L with the lawsuits and plethora of funding they've received for keeping Android open.

Last edited:
Not true at all, pa. Google literally can not make Android closed source without also opening themselves up for a littany of anti-trust lawsuits, especially in Russia where they are already under heavy scruntiny for "anti-competitive" practices. Google was never focused on entering the smartphone market as a major player, and their only major attempt at that was the Nexus 6. If you paid attention to the in-store sales figures for Nexus 6 devices....you know it didn't go very well for them.

Google's primary focus with producing phones have been twofold since Android's inception: use the Nexus line to offer consumers a vanilla android experience while testing new hardware and software features in conjunction with new versions of the operating system, and use the One line to break into emerging markets while encouraging other manufacturers to scale back on replicating functionality that Google already provides through its app suite (remember all those S-apps from the Galaxy line?) The Nexus line was much more successful than the One line, but they're relaunching the One line to pursue a more unified Android experience across devices.

It'd be easier for Google to create an entirely new operating system than it would be for them to change Android into a closed source project at this point, unless they decide to just take the L with the lawsuits and plethora of funding they've received for keeping Android open.

Thanks for the knowledge bro, I appreciate it. Would the new rumors of Google potentially folding Chrome OS into Android by 2017 count as a new operating system ? I kind of feel like Google wants to take back Android and make it its own but now I know that it's basically not possible as its currently constituted

Nah, I just use Chromecast + Xbox.

Heard good things about the Nexus Player though. Think you can load Kobi/XBMC on it too.
This may be irrelevant but just reminded me of something. Is there any app that will allow me to stream torrents from my phone/laptop onto my TV?

Currently using Chromecast for at least YouTube.

Last edited:

Thanks for the knowledge bro, I appreciate it. Would the new rumors of Google potentially folding Chrome OS into Android by 2017 count as a new operating system ? I kind of feel like Google wants to take back Android and make it its own but now I know that it's basically not possible as its currently constituted

I wouldn't consider it a new OS, Google just wants to make the devices more friendly w/ one another. Better compatibility means better sales for the notebooks since it'll be like using the same Android system so that it'll appear more to the average consumer.

I honestly think that Google could create a notebook w/ an OS that doesn't rely on the internet solely. They already have the app suite w/ docs, sheets, etc. Do that and making a push for developers to develop more apps/programs for it would be great too. Windows is the king of program content right now w/ everything being made w/ executable files.

Heard good things about the Nexus Player though. Think you can load Kobi/XBMC on it too.
This may be irrelevant but just reminded me of something. Is there any app that will allow me to stream torrents from my phone/laptop onto my TV?

What device do u have? You can't just cast your screen? I know I have the option of casting my whole screen on my Nexus 5 so I'm not limited to apps that have casting capabilities. But just check for a casting app if you can't cast your whole screen.

Whats the word with the V10 coming to sprint? Anyone know? Pretty weird how sprint got the G4 but they're stil contemplating on getting the V10. I need to upgrade asap I've been using my current GS4 since release day

If you have the movie file on your phone think you can just use any of the casting apps - Localcast, allcast etc ...

As far as local files from your computer, you can try this:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...gle-ch/cnciopoikihiagdjbjpnocolokfelagl?hl=en

If it's like a streaming link you can cast tabs from within Chrome using an extension as well.

Last edited:
I wouldn't consider it a new OS, Google just wants to make the devices more friendly w/ one another. Better compatibility means better sales for the notebooks since it'll be like using the same Android system so that it'll appear more to the average consumer.

I honestly think that Google could create a notebook w/ an OS that doesn't rely on the internet solely. They already have the app suite w/ docs, sheets, etc. Do that and making a push for developers to develop more apps/programs for it would be great too. Windows is the king of program content right now w/ everything being made w/ executable files.
I wonder why it took them this long to make this happen. When Chrome OS first came out I thought the full play store was going to be available and workable on the units and really wanted that Chromebook Pixel but once I found out they weren't the desire sank faster than light.

Can't wait to see how they combine it and I know once that Pixel C comes out it's gonna be able to utilize that new "system"....i hope

Back
Top Bottom