Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Word. Help me understand that pricetag then

Word I'm with this guy. It's indisputable that the Note 8 is an absolute beast, but for that price tag it feels like you should be getting more.
Like with the Essential PH-1 and Moto Z2 Force playing in the $700+ price bracket you'd expect them to be IP68. Now I'm sure most people aren't going to be dipping their phone in water and whatnot but it's nice to have that feature.
And if I'm gonna be dropping $930 on a Note 8 I'd like to feel I'm not settling for standard battery life. I mean of course that's subjective but for me personally, the upgrades the Note 8 offers over the S8+ aren't worth the ultra premium price point. Past the initial honeymoon phase I know the S-Pen won't be used by me. And as for the dual camera system I'd much rather have a secondary ultra wide lens rather than a telephoto.

Rhetorical question, do y'all investigate this much regarding price for every product?

The Note is priced that way because of the additional camera and all the tools and abilities that the S-Pen brings.
That missing 300mah is most likely there to prevent another overheating issue from sparking up. If you look at the Note 7 Fan Edition it's the same phone just a smaller battery with branding.

Rhetorical question, do y'all investigate this much regarding price for every product?

The Note is priced that way because of the additional camera and all the tools and abilities that the S-Pen brings.
That missing 300mah is most likely there to prevent another overheating issue from sparking up. If you look at the Note 7 Fan Edition it's the same phone just a smaller battery with branding.

I mean yeah, I get why Samsung is charging what they're charging. Just saying it wouldn't make sense for me to go for it when the S8+ is an option. If I knew that the S-Pen and dual camera system would be consistently used I'd go for the Note 8 with no hesitation. As it is I'm struggling between going to the S8+ from my LG G6 right now. I'm on TMo JOD and it'd be $80 down and an extra $10/month for me to jump to the S8+. I'm hoping once the Note 8 drops T-Mobile will get rid of that down payment and then maybe I'll switch.

Word. Help me understand that pricetag then

One word: Advertising.

Every single device available through carriers in the U.S. has an inflated price. This is not only to generate profit for the manufacturer and carrier, but also that the manufacturer can use proceeds to further their research and negotiate better supply deals.

The only difference is that Samsung and Apple operate in a unique space in that they are able to charge premium prices, mostly due to their efforts in marketing and changing the perception of their brand. Just remember - Samsung was charging bare minimums for phones made of plastic at one point. It wasn't until the Galaxy S-II that their perception started to change.

I am the same way, SOT doesn't really matter to me. I care more about standby time (which was awful on my Nexus 5 for example) and charging time.
dawg.....this battery is ****ing terrible, can't wait to get my G2 back. I go to sleep with 100% charge and I wake up 6 hours later at 79%?!!! HOW SWAY??!!

I remember with the Note 7 I would charge to 100 for the morning get to work after driving 30ish minutes at 100-99, put it on max battery saver for 9 hrs, get off and it's on 97-94%

dawg.....this battery is ****ing terrible, can't wait to get my G2 back. I go to sleep with 100% charge and I wake up 6 hours later at 79%?!!! HOW SWAY??!!

Man you just brought back my college days. I would take the bus to class (about an hr). Just using Spotify with the screen off most of the time would take damn near 25% of my battery. Had to charge that thing 3-4x a day :sick:

Explain net neutrality?

Net neutrality is the principle that Internet service providers and governments regulating the Internet must treat all data on the Internet the same, not discriminating or charging differentially by user, content, website, platform, application, type of attached equipment, or mode of communication.[1]The term was coined by Columbia University media law professor Tim Wu in 2003, as an extension of the longstanding concept of a common carrier, which was used to describe the role of telephone systems.

I have an S8+ Unlock and I can def tell is missing some frequency bans ... there are spots now that I go and get no signal where my last phone had all bars and full lte.

Explain net neutrality?

Net neutrality is the principle that Internet service providers and governments regulating the Internet must treat all data on the Internet the same, not discriminating or charging differentially by user, content, website, platform, application, type of attached equipment, or mode of communication.[1]The term was coined by Columbia University media law professor Tim Wu in 2003, as an extension of the longstanding concept of a common carrier, which was used to describe the role of telephone systems.

Nah explain how T-mobile is anti-net neutrality by offering free Netflix

Tmobile been running that jig for the longest and when other carriers do it people bitdh moan.

Whoever been doing tmobile' s marketing for the last 4 years deserves a raise

yup they're all guilty and we need to stop falling for it. they're giving us crumbs to get us to walk into a cage. they know what they're doing and they're going to **** us over. doesn't matter if it's a pink and fuzzy company like TMobile.

Have never met a person with a favorable thing to say about Comcast :lol:
i hate Comcast but their new (2-3 years old) interface and remote is a million times better than DirecTV. some days i'd rather just not watch TV instead of trying to deal with their interface.

it's slow as hell, no voice commands, not intuitive, poorly designed from start to finish.

Back
Top Bottom