• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can anyone recommend be a car charger for my note 8? I know anker been thrown around here but an exact model?

Man, I thought the Active line just took a break with the 9 series, but since it really is discontinued, I'm lost. I loved the Active line. Had the 4, 6, 7, and currently have the 8.

So what's the most durable Galaxy now? :/

if you guys have an s7 laying around, costco is offering $300 trade in for it to get an s10. They have the s10e for $549 so after taxes you can own an s10e for $300 or less. this is for tmobile and you dont need to add a line or be on a specific plan. you simply buy the phone outright.

just my .02 but only thing pixel 3a has going for it is that its a google branded phone so it will get updates first and stock android experience is the best android experience.

but man, no wireless charging in 2019 is all bad, and the processor is meh. at least it gave us a headphone jack

look at the LG g7. it can be had on ebay or swappa for $170-220 , and if your on tmobile it checks all the boxes: VoLTE, band 71, wificalling. it also has wireless charging, fingerprint, 4k, microsd card slot, dual cameras, one regular and one wide angle (like s10 and what iphone 11 is about to copy) and it has snapdragon 845 which was just less than a year ago (current is 855) so its still plenty fast. downside is though LG sucks with software upgrades. if they were better with getting android updates they would be more relevant.

their software over android isnt drastic like samsung's and their dedicated button just launches google

Stay the **** away from LG just because of their lack of updates.

Ah, right — here we go: In the 371 days since the launch of LG's "Software Upgrade Center," LG has accomplished precisely jack squat when it comes to providing its customers with even remotely reasonable Android software support.

Here's what the company has done:

• Forty days after announcing its "Software Upgrade Center" last April, LG delivered its first Android 8.0 Oreo upgrade in the U.S. — to its then-current flagship, the G6, on Verizon. That means the highest-priority customers received said software over nine months after its release. Huzzah!
  • Owners of the company's then-previous-gen flagship, the G5, then waited another half-year from that point to see Oreo arrive on their phones. The first U.S. G5 Oreo upgrade showed up in late September — a ridiculous 13 months after Oreo's release and a month and a half after the newer Android 9 Pie software had become available. Spectacular!
  • Last October, 74 days after Pie's launch, LG released the V40 — a device increasingly being positioned as a secondary, alternate flagship to the main G-branded product line. The V40 shipped with the outdated Android 8.1 Oreo software, accompanied by a vague promise for a Pie upgrade sometime "soon." It has now been six months since that phone's U.S. release, and we've seen no signs of Pie or explanations for its ongoing absence. Dynamite!
We're now 255 days past Pie's release, in fact — a whopping eight-and-a-half months — and LG has yet to provide a single forkin' Pie upgrade to any of its Android devices (with the exception of an Android One model, which doesn't run LG software, is part of a contract-based agreement with Google that requires reasonably timely upgrades and includes some level of assistance from Google to ensure those happen, and is anything but a typical "LG phone"). Top-notch!

And it's not just the software/stock Android experience. It also has the camera from the Pixel 3.

Last edited:
Is Samsung any better than LG when it comes to updates tho? I feel like all the Brands/Carriers take their sweet *** time rolling out the updates. I JUST got the Pie update on my Note 8 about a month and a half ago and it was pretty pointless for me cuz I upgraded to the S10+ shortly after :lol:

Is Samsung any better than LG when it comes to updates tho? I feel like all the Brands/Carriers take their sweet *** time rolling out the updates. I JUST got the Pie update on my Note 8 about a month and a half ago and it was pretty pointless for me cuz I upgraded to the S10+ shortly after :lol:

LG V40 - released 10/2018, still no Pie. Released with Oreo even though Pie came out two months before.
LG G7 - released 5/2018, still no Pie (except for South Korea).

Your Note 8 was released in 9/2017 and you have Pie before it.

The only good thing about LG is the DAC they put in their phone and wireless charging if you're into that.

LG V40 - released 10/2018, still no Pie. Released with Oreo even though Pie came out two months before.
LG G7 - released 5/2018, still no Pie (except for South Korea).

Your Note 8 was released in 9/2017 and you have Pie before it.

The only good thing about LG is the DAC they put in their phone and wireless charging if you're into that.

i wouoldnt say its the only good thing. if it wasnt for the lack of updates they make competitive phones after the bootloop issue from a few years back. but of course samsung had its own issues with hardware exploding

Stay the **** away from LG just because of their lack of updates.

And it's not just the software/stock Android experience. It also has the camera from the Pixel 3.

like i said though to stay away just due to lack of software updates vs getting a better phone overall is something to weigh out by the person using it and whats more important.

as of right now we sure as hell know we aint staying with any of the phones we have now as soon as 5G phones come out. which will be mainstream probably in the next 2 years. ive been able to hold out with everyphone i have for 2-3 years. even when my old s7 got updates to whatever android was current at the time i still wanted to get rid of it because it was already slow and new current phones just had that much more to justify the upgrade.

my point is if someone really is adamant that they will be keeping the phone for more than 2 years maybe 3 years, ok going with google branded phone will insure at least you always have latest software. But someone like us phone connoisseurs here who prob upgrade every 2 years at the most and many probably every year, sometimes not having the latest update isnt worth it. and for that reason i rather have faster hardware, wireless charging, a camera that is still pretty darn good that has the nice wide angle, and micro sd card slot to give me a better experience for the next 1-2 years.

of course we'll disagree but whatever you say next ill agree to disagree

LG's lack of updates turns people off to their phones

I wish some manufacturers would release pure android versions of their phones. I know samsung used to do it

just my .02 but only thing pixel 3a has going for it is that its a google branded phone so it will get updates first and stock android experience is the best android experience.

but man, no wireless charging in 2019 is all bad, and the processor is meh. at least it gave us a headphone jack

look at the LG g7. it can be had on ebay or swappa for $170-220 , and if your on tmobile it checks all the boxes: VoLTE, band 71, wificalling. it also has wireless charging, fingerprint, 4k, microsd card slot, dual cameras, one regular and one wide angle (like s10 and what iphone 11 is about to copy) and it has snapdragon 845 which was just less than a year ago (current is 855) so its still plenty fast. downside is though LG sucks with software upgrades. if they were better with getting android updates they would be more relevant.

their software over android isnt drastic like samsung's and their dedicated button just launches google

3a is not for power users or people who want a up to date features. No wireless charging and lower processor are no biggie for those who want a newer phone but don't need the bells and whistles. Back to the Nexus days

I wish some manufacturers would release pure android versions of their phones. I know samsung used to do it

LG's ability to go from perfectly working phone to dead phone overnight turned me off from them

HTC too, Play Editions.

I had an M7 running a GPE rom back in the day.

Didn't sell well and since Google makes phones now ...

Back
Top Bottom