• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
not to be too off topic but does anyone know anything about the Sprint Wireless Advantage Club? I'm moving to Sprint soon and I'm waiting for the Galaxy S2 to become available

not to be too off topic but does anyone know anything about the Sprint Wireless Advantage Club? I'm moving to Sprint soon and I'm waiting for the Galaxy S2 to become available

Originally Posted by BlazeKicks

That Droid Razor is nice but comes with gingerbread. I rather have nexus Galaxy. Google phones always get the latest android updates first.

I'm sure it'll get an upgrade soon though. But yeah if I was lookign to buy a phone now ICS would have to be on there

Originally Posted by BlazeKicks

That Droid Razor is nice but comes with gingerbread. I rather have nexus Galaxy. Google phones always get the latest android updates first.

I'm sure it'll get an upgrade soon though. But yeah if I was lookign to buy a phone now ICS would have to be on there

Originally Posted by asianplayer

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

Thanks!

Anyone got any good screen protectors for the tmobile version? idk why they put one on with writing on it
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
dont the gs2 have the gorilla glass?
It does

What do you guys mean about gorilla glass?

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

let it die completely charge while off till fully charged
Thanks!

Anyone got any good screen protectors for the tmobile version? idk why they put one on with writing on it
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

yea but it's still vulnerable to scratches

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

let it die completely charge while off till fully charged
Thanks!

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

yea but it's still vulnerable to scratches

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

[h2]http://androidandme.com/2011/10/news/top-android-phones-beat-iphone-4s-in-camera-test/[/h2]
[h2]Top Android phones beat iPhone 4S in camera test[/h2]

If you ask the average iPhone fan why they prefer their device over an Android phone, chances are that the superior camera will be in their top 3 answers. You’d think the same would go for the iPhone 4S, as one of the few things actually updated this time around was the camera.

Well, PC World has put the iPhone 4S to the test against a few high-end Android phones. The results may surprise and dismay any iPhone-loving shutterbugs out there.

PC World pitted the iPhone 4S against the iPhone 4, the Samsung Galaxy S II (Sprint version), the T-Mobile MyTouch 4G Slide, the Droid Bionic and the HTC Sensation 4G. The way they conducted the test was to take sample images and videos from the phones on the same tripod under the same lighting conditions. The photos were printed out and judged by the panel based on exposure quality, color accuracy, sharpness and distortion. The videos were judged based on the performance in normal lighting and low light with audio quality also factoring into the final scores.

In the still-image category, both the T-Mobile MyTouch Slide 4G and the Samsung Galaxy S II bested the iPhone 4S by a slim margin. The HTC Sensation 4G, Apple iPhone 4 and Droid Bionic came in several points below that top group.

The video quality test saw the Samsung Galaxy S II come out significantly ahead of the other phones, and it even outperformed the point and shoot camera they were using as a control for the tests. Next in line was the HTC Sensation 4G, followed by the iPhone 4S finishing in 3rd again. The Droid Bionic just edged out the iPhone 4, and the T-Mobile MyTouch Slide 4G finished in last.

Obviously these are human beings judging the photos and videos, so you could call it a subjective test. But as far as a scientific and unbiased approach is concerned, this is the best I’ve seen so far.

Hit the source link to view the full scoring breakdowns for all the devices as well as the actual test photos and videos.

The moral is: if you’re looking to replace your point and shoot with your next smartphone, it looks like Samsung’s Galaxy S II (and perhaps whatever else Samsung may have coming) should be at the top of your list.

Source: PC World

http://www.pcworld.com/article/241955-2/smartphone_camera_battle_iphone_4s_vs_the_android_elite.html
I'm surprised the S2 beat the 4S, seeing as people have been touting the new 4S 8mp/1080p camera as an immortal god. 

Sheep does what sheep do
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

[h2]http://androidandme.com/2011/10/news/top-android-phones-beat-iphone-4s-in-camera-test/[/h2]
[h2]Top Android phones beat iPhone 4S in camera test[/h2]

If you ask the average iPhone fan why they prefer their device over an Android phone, chances are that the superior camera will be in their top 3 answers. You’d think the same would go for the iPhone 4S, as one of the few things actually updated this time around was the camera.

Well, PC World has put the iPhone 4S to the test against a few high-end Android phones. The results may surprise and dismay any iPhone-loving shutterbugs out there.

PC World pitted the iPhone 4S against the iPhone 4, the Samsung Galaxy S II (Sprint version), the T-Mobile MyTouch 4G Slide, the Droid Bionic and the HTC Sensation 4G. The way they conducted the test was to take sample images and videos from the phones on the same tripod under the same lighting conditions. The photos were printed out and judged by the panel based on exposure quality, color accuracy, sharpness and distortion. The videos were judged based on the performance in normal lighting and low light with audio quality also factoring into the final scores.

In the still-image category, both the T-Mobile MyTouch Slide 4G and the Samsung Galaxy S II bested the iPhone 4S by a slim margin. The HTC Sensation 4G, Apple iPhone 4 and Droid Bionic came in several points below that top group.

The video quality test saw the Samsung Galaxy S II come out significantly ahead of the other phones, and it even outperformed the point and shoot camera they were using as a control for the tests. Next in line was the HTC Sensation 4G, followed by the iPhone 4S finishing in 3rd again. The Droid Bionic just edged out the iPhone 4, and the T-Mobile MyTouch Slide 4G finished in last.

Obviously these are human beings judging the photos and videos, so you could call it a subjective test. But as far as a scientific and unbiased approach is concerned, this is the best I’ve seen so far.

Hit the source link to view the full scoring breakdowns for all the devices as well as the actual test photos and videos.

The moral is: if you’re looking to replace your point and shoot with your next smartphone, it looks like Samsung’s Galaxy S II (and perhaps whatever else Samsung may have coming) should be at the top of your list.

Source: PC World

http://www.pcworld.com/article/241955-2/smartphone_camera_battle_iphone_4s_vs_the_android_elite.html
I'm surprised the S2 beat the 4S, seeing as people have been touting the new 4S 8mp/1080p camera as an immortal god. 

Sheep does what sheep do
laugh.gif

It does

From my understanding, its the front screen and its really strong. I read that some people dropped their phone and the glass didn't break. It still can have scratches though, so I still bought a screen protector.

It does

From my understanding, its the front screen and its really strong. I read that some people dropped their phone and the glass didn't break. It still can have scratches though, so I still bought a screen protector.

It does

Makes sense, dont know how to embed...

http://www.youtube.com/wa...bedded&v=elKxgsrJFhw

It does

Makes sense, dont know how to embed...

http://www.youtube.com/wa...bedded&v=elKxgsrJFhw

is that the specs for sure or still rumors? Carriers?

also if i were to get the S2 right now, would there be an update to ice cream sandwich? I'm coming from an iPhone so all this android stuff is still new. Links for dummies in regards to rooting, etc.?

is that the specs for sure or still rumors? Carriers?

also if i were to get the S2 right now, would there be an update to ice cream sandwich? I'm coming from an iPhone so all this android stuff is still new. Links for dummies in regards to rooting, etc.?

How much do you think I can sell a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy s2 for?

I have used for less than a week and even though it is very nice, I think I bit off more I can chew with that phone. I am going to go back to my blackberry.

So what would a fair price to ask for be?

How much do you think I can sell a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy s2 for?

I have used for less than a week and even though it is very nice, I think I bit off more I can chew with that phone. I am going to go back to my blackberry.

So what would a fair price to ask for be?

[h2]http://androidandme.com/2011/10/news/samsung-galaxy-nexus-not-coming-to-sprint/[/h2]
[h2]Samsung Galaxy Nexus not coming to Sprint?[/h2]

The monumental Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Ice Cream Sandwich announcement has finally arrived. We are quite impressed about the new features, but there is one part left out of the equation. There was no mention of a WiMAX version, only LTE and HSPA+.

Sprint does not have either LTE or HSPA+ networks, but they do plan to roll out a 4G LTE network in mid-2012 for select markets with nationwide coverage to be fulfilled by the end of 2013.

What does this mean to Sprint customers? It could mean a few things, but they all conclude in a sad ending. These could be some of the possible results:
  • Sprint will not be offering the Samsung Galaxy Nexus
  • Sprint could get a WiMAX version, but it will take more time
  • Sprint will not be getting the Samsung Galaxy Nexus until its LTE network is launched
  • Sprint might get the Samsung Galaxy Nexus soon, but without 4G until its LTE network is launched
  • Samsung/Google just forgot to mention it, and the WiMAX version is coming
We would prefer to see the last option come true. While it would be Sprint customers’ best hope, it seems highly unlikely, though. Any of the other options concludes in a substantial amount of very unhappy Sprint subscribers. I’m curious how many would be willing to switch carriers.

This definitely does seem like an odd move. Especially since Sprint and Google have been very close friends lately. The most feasible guess would be that the device will not be arriving on Sprint until the LTE network is up and running. This would mean that the Galaxy Nexus will reach “America’s first 4G network

Back
Top Bottom