Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by sladewilson

Get Galaxy note now or wait for Iphone 5 ?
eyes.gif

Get Note now, and if you like the iPhone 5, sell Note and pay the small difference.  Dont hold out for a phone you have no info on, because if you keep holding out for the next best thing, you'll be stuck without anything.  There's always something new around the corner.  Shoot as soon as the iP5 drops, the rumors for the next Nexus and Note2 will be coming around and you'll be drooling over those
ohwell.gif

It's about time Google manned up & put it's foot down.  The Galaxy Nexus release was a god awful way to introduce your flagship device & they really deserved that Karma by playing the "exclusive carrier" game in the first place.  It's like back in the day when Jordan tried that bs with "LS" releases - cutting out opportunities for customers who want to give you their money is just plain foolish.

The main selling points for Android is choice and freedom.  While the average Joe doesn't even know what "vanilla Android" means, there's still a sizeable portion of us who do and demand it.  For this Niche market, Google can step up and sell the device directly which is a win for them and the customer.  I love the option of Galaxy Nexus II, Droid Nexus, Optimus Nexus, etc.  And if it's still $399.99, carriers def. gonna have to step it up (yeah, you Verizon...)

a nexus II wont be 399.99 tho

google started messing around after the first nexus, giving best buy exclusive rights to the tmobile version was stupid

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by sole vintage

how safe is it to install the new ICS firmware on the Samsung Note?

i hear the leaked German version has a bug that causes a hard brick

if your on stock/rooted install mobile odin app, download the rom, extract it, take off the .md5 and just leave the .tar (at the end of the file) flash it in mobile odin DO NOT WIPE...exactly what i did 
to go back to stock, go into pc odin download the stock firmware of your choice pick a WIPE version i chose the lc1 one cause thats what my phone originally had, put your phone into download mode by holding volume down, home and power...run pc odin put the 3 files in their places and press start, you will reboot with force closes then go into recovery and factory reset/wipe and your good to go

imo wait for ota cause the ics isnt all that, maybe the us will get a updated version or a 4.0.4 version 
thanks Joe. i will wait as well

Yea thats one reason I could never go Verizon. GSM only. I always buy my phones unlocked, no carrier worries. With GSM, you just pop the sim in and go, and the updates come when they are supposed to. (Not that I use the updates. Roms > Stock Firmware )

Via Engadget

HTC One X and EVO 4G LTE delayed at customs due to ITC exclusion order
htcevo4gltereviewlead01.jpg

We've just received a statement from HTC indicating that the One X for AT&T and the EVO 4G LTE for Sprint have been delayed at customs due to an ITC exclusion order that was handed down last December at Apple's behest. That order was set to go into effect on April 19th, and it looks like HTC's two new stateside superphones are the first to feel Apple's the government's wrath. Here's HTC's take on the matter:

The US availability of the HTC One X and HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed due to a standard U.S. Customs review of shipments that is required after an ITC exclusion order. We believe we are in compliance with the ruling and HTC is working closely with Customs to secure approval. The HTC One X and HTC EVO 4G LTE have been received enthusiastically by customers and we appreciate their patience as we work to get these products into their hands as soon as possible.

We've reached out to HTC for clarification on the delay and to find out if this will affect the launch of the EVO 4G LTE, which is expected to hit the shelves this Friday, May 18th. Stay tuned for updates.

Sucks for those waiting, this phone is the iPhone killer (did I just say that?) and Apple knows it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Any of you guys have the Xoom or Galaxy Tab 10.1?

if you want a new toy cop the transformer prime
I`m looking for something with LTE abilities. Jailbreak is taking forever for The New iPad so I`m bored with it. And its wifi only, and using my iPhone 4s as a Hotspot isn't the move since its CDMA
frown.gif

lucky- send me some of ur old toys if ur bored with them.

i have an old touch pro 2 i can trade with ya lol

Originally Posted by odog24

lucky- send me some of ur old toys if ur bored with them.

i have an old touch pro 2 i can trade with ya lol

lol, I Been thinking about copping a Galaxy Nexus off Ebay but Ive heard horror stories about it (but Id root it day I got it ), but right now no phone with VZW can see the iPhone 4s camera, and I got an upgrade in June coming, but I`m starting to get on the point where I don't sign contracts anymore, because the discounts aren't worth it when you think about it, even though I could get something at the 2 year price then flip it to pay diff, but I noticed vzw android phones have a very weak resale value across the bored.

LuckyLuchiano wrote:

lol, I Been thinking about copping a Galaxy Nexus off Ebay but Ive heard horror stories about it (but Id root it day I got it ), but right now no phone with VZW can see the iPhone 4s camera, and I got an upgrade in June coming, but I`m starting to get on the point where I don't sign contracts anymore, because the discounts aren't worth it when you think about it, even though I could get something at the 2 year price then flip it to pay diff, but I noticed vzw android phones have a very weak resale value across the bored.
i think that has to do with all cdma. 
im really sick of all the phones ive been thru, if this evo lte doesnt resurrect my interest in android idk what i will do 

horror stories about what copping from ebay or having a nexus?

if from ebay ur the buyer so u basically have the seller by the balls
laugh.gif

sucks but i sell all my phones on there and they sell within the hour of me listing them

horror stories about what copping from ebay or having a nexus?

if from ebay ur the buyer so u basically have the seller by the balls
laugh.gif

sucks but i sell all my phones on there and they sell within the hour of me listing them
the Nexus on VZW,  what I have sort of been thinking about is copping an international one x, but hell I can't justify dropping 5 bones on a device I`m barely going to use lol, thats the one thing Iwill say I miss about being with ATT is swapping sims like it was nothing, but the service sucks outside of major metro areas, and in super populated places such as NYC its sometimes unusable (I was in time square and couldn't make a call on my iPhone 4), and I could never see my self going back to ATT unless I got a gig with them.

a nexus II wont be 399.99 tho

google started messing around after the first nexus, giving best buy exclusive rights to the tmobile version was stupid

I agree, the demand for off-contract devices are in demand. I'm glad that I'm not ON a contract with VZW. bought my nexus straight cash. I will leave Verizon once the next Gen Nexus comes out. Those MNVO type companies are good enough and I will be traveling out the country in the future .

Let's just hope Google doesn't drop the ball with the next release.

[article=""]
[h1]HTC One X, HTC EVO 4G LTE Shipments Held At US Customs Due To Apple/HTC Lawsuit[/h1]
[/article]

Well, this is an interesting turn of events as US Customs are holding back imports of the HTC One X and HTC EVO 4G LTE, as HTC is under investigation for patent infringement. Come on, take a guess who is behind this nonsense? Apple. Last year Apple won a patent infringement judgment set to ban all HTC handsets in an exclusion order. Phones, as you may have noticed were not pulled off the shelves immediately, and HTC was given until April 19th of 2012 to correct the underlying infringement. As that date has passed and HTC has yet to comply, things are getting a little nasty as HTC releases their official statement:
The US availability of the HTC One X and HTC EVO 4G LTE has been delayed due to a standard U.S. Customs review of shipments that is required after an ITC exclusion order. We believe we are in compliance with the ruling and HTC is working closely with Customs to secure approval. The HTC One X and HTC Evo 4G LTE have been received enthusiastically by customers and we appreciate their patience as we work to get these products into their hands as soon as possible.

For the moment, HTC has to wait around for US Customs to decide what the next step is with the hardware. Until then, AT&T is running low on stock of the One X (out of stock on their website already) and the EVO 4G LTE may not make its planned May 18th launch date on Sprint. For now, we haven’t heard any trouble with HTC One S inventory and whether T-Mobile already has enough units inside the US to fill short-term needs. HTC will try to stay the ban while it appeals the case, but for the moment US Customs is in possession of HTC inventory.

Things could get very interesting indeed.

Around Thanksgiving, a line of new Nexus devices from multiple manufacturers is rumored to come out. 

Damn lil things like that make me not like Apple, bunch of a holes............they are so scared of any competition.

I'm definitely keeping my GS2 until Sprints LTE is officially launched. All I hear is bad news. Especially considering the EVO LTE will not support WiMAX at all, so I'll be stuck with 3G until god knows when.

Back
Top Bottom