• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not unless you are rooted...........There IS one you can use, but it only transmits the internet signal through bluetooth.....so if the device you are using cant do internet by Bluetooth, you're screwed anyway.
Is there any wireless tether app that will work on sprint? I can USB tether with PDA.
Net. I'm trying to tether to my ps3.

Try WiFi Tether for Root Users if you are rooted. Worked on my HTC EVO 4G, and works on my Galaxy S3:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...S5nb29nbGVjb2RlLmFuZHJvaWQud2lmaS50ZXRoZXIiXQ..

Sigh, I just want a release date...this Droid X is on life support. VZW give me the Note 2 mane.

Try WiFi Tether for Root Users if you are rooted. Worked on my HTC EVO 4G, and works on my Galaxy S3:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...S5nb29nbGVjb2RlLmFuZHJvaWQud2lmaS50ZXRoZXIiXQ..

Funny wifi tether works for the good phones but I tried it on a crappy Huwawei Acend 2 on cricket and cricket figured it out and blocked my ip. Would get Cricket homescreens on every webpage i'd go to, wound up just paying the 10 bucks for the time i needed it.

That phone was rooted fully too.

laugh.gif

[COLOR=#red]^^^ Y'all getting Jellybean got me all Jelly Bro. Verizon I love your network, but y'all be cheesin on the updates :smh:[/COLOR]

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]^^^ Y'all getting Jellybean got me all Jelly Bro. Verizon I love your network, but y'all be cheesin on the updates :smh:[/COLOR]

Yeah, but trust me the ONLY reason I stayed with Sprint is because I live in Atlanta and we are one of the few cities to have Sprint LTE. if I lived anywhere else, i'd be all on Verizons nuts

Yeah, but trust me the ONLY reason I stayed with Sprint is because I live in Atlanta and we are one of the few cities to have Sprint LTE. if I lived anywhere else, i'd be all on Verizons nuts

is Sprint's LTE fast?

Apparently it's coming to DC soon and I'm trying to decide if it'll be on par speed wise with Verizon.

is Sprint's LTE fast?
Apparently it's coming to DC soon and I'm trying to decide if it'll be on par speed wise with Verizon.

uhh...it really really depends on the signal strength. I think even though Atlanta is "live" with LTE its still at only 70% towers up and running.

So like at my job I get LTE and its around 7mbs Download.
Like 2 miles from my job location on a major street I once got 25mbs download.
At my house 7miles away, I don't have any LTE whatsoever
My homie has the S3 on Verizon, and we were in the same spot in a bar downtown Atlanta at the same time right next to each other both on LTE did a speed test..

He got 28mbs down I got 10mbs down..
So all in all Verizon has the speed on lock right now, BUT you still have to base your decision on what type of user you are? I MUST have Unlimited data cause I use around 10-15 gigs a month.
But if you not going to be a super user like that, Verizon might be the better option.

My little brother goes to Howard in DC and he has a Galaxy Nexus on Sprint...... small world lol

uhh...it really really depends on the signal strength. I think even though Atlanta is "live" with LTE its still at only 70% towers up and running.
My homie has the S3 on Verizon, and we were in the same spot in a bar downtown Atlanta at the same time right next to each other both on LTE did a speed test..
So all in all Verizon has the speed on lock right now, BUT you still have to base your decision on what type of user you are? I MUST have Unlimited data cause I use around 10-15 gigs a month.
But if you not going to be a super user like that, Verizon might be the better option.
My little brother goes to Howard in DC and he has a Galaxy Nexus on Sprint...... small world lol

True True.

Yeah I'm already using 2-3 gigs a month on 3g, so I know my usage is going to go up with 4g. Plus, I pay $84 after taxes (including insurance) on Sprint. I priced it out just for 2gb/month on Verizon and it would be like 115 after taxes. Which is insane.

But yeah, it's actually a even smaller world though.....I graduated from Howard a few months ago lol

True True.

Yeah I'm already using 2-3 gigs a month on 3g, so I know my usage is going to go up with 4g. Plus, I pay $84 after taxes (including insurance) on Sprint. I priced it out just for 2gb/month on Verizon and it would be like 115 after taxes. Which is insane.

But yeah, it's actually a even smaller world though.....I graduated from Howard a few months ago lol

SwiftKey vs. Swype continues...

SwiftKey Challenges Swype With New Predictive Android Keyboard

SwiftKey today previewed a beta version of its new Android keyboard that will predict what you want to type and allows for gesture-based typing.

SwiftKey Flow – open soon in beta – allows the user to transcribe messages without lifting a finger. Specifically, it offers real-time prediction as you type, similar to the meme-tastic iOS auto correct.

But SwiftKey Flow goes one step further to let you type without ever lifting your finger from the screen. Simply swipe your finger across the keyboard to each different letter and let go as soon as the desired word is predicted.

SwiftyKey rival Swype offers a similar service.

"This means you can seamlessly switch between the two as you please, 'flowing' a quick text if you only have one hand free, or tapping out a longer note with both thumbs at speed," CMO Joe Braidwood wrote in a blog post.

Braidwood boasted about SwiftKey's power of prediction, saying that "you may not even have to type at all for some words."

The app's claim to fame is that it will boost smartphone typing speed by learning users' typing style and capturing context clues from across the Web. It even got an update that eliminates the need to hit the spacebar to type an entire sentence.

The beta version of SwiftKey Flow will be released soon, but interested Android users can register now to test it out. SwiftKey 3 Keyboard is now available for free in the Google Play store.

Register here if you're interested in the beta.

I might check this out, but I'm really enjoying the Swype beta right now.

I tried getting Swype once or twice and for whatever reason it didn't work so I just gave up

wwent to the sprint store today checked out the note 2.

its overall a nice device. my nexus looks a hunnid ttimes better.
feels good in the hand for a huge device.

the s pen feels like a took it out of a leapfrog tablet that ish is made of some cheap plastic :smh: :x

and they were all sold out.

Back
Top Bottom