• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What's the lifespan of a Nexus phone before you have to make the jump to another one¿ Are people still messing with the N1¿

I know for me personally as long as it doesn't break, or get lost/stolen I'll probably have this for 2 years. The software updates will hold me off and the hardware is more than enough for 2 years. Every newer phone coming out in 2013 will have similar specs as this.

With hacks people are still rocking a G1, see one of the above posters. As long as your hardware can HANDLE new software you should be fine holding on to your phone for a few years.

Like I said before though, the good thing about unlocked phones is that they hold their value very well. You might be essentially able to sell the Nexus 4 next year for 250 when the new nexus comes out and hardly pay anything for the newer model.

[COLOR=#red]No offense but it's my reasoning and to me the Nexus 4 sucks, and is actually a step backwards compared to what it could have been. Don't like my reasoning? Well not sure if I can do anything about that.[/COLOR]

Well then my question is what exactly could have it been?

Its not meant to be a phablet so I hope thats not where youre going.

What's the lifespan of a Nexus phone before you have to make the jump to another one¿ Are people still messing with the N1¿

I know for me personally as long as it doesn't break, or get lost/stolen I'll probably have this for 2 years. The software updates will hold me off and the hardware is more than enough for 2 years. Every newer phone coming out in 2013 will have similar specs as this.

With hacks people are still rocking a G1, see one of the above posters. As long as your hardware can HANDLE new software you should be fine holding on to your phone for a few years.

Like I said before though, the good thing about unlocked phones is that they hold their value very well. You might be essentially able to sell the Nexus 4 next year for 250 when the new nexus comes out and hardly pay anything for the newer model.

That's not bad...

My G2 is still running great(say what you want, it's still a good phone!!), so I'll be fine with this for a while.

Last edited:
Suddenly, I'm not too concerned with the lack of LTE.

One thing I don't understand about the review on The Verge was why they would give the N4 a lower score than than the Galaxy Nexus but they say that the N4 is the greatest Android out in the market. :lol:

My body is ready for that N4. :smokin

-Drew

Last edited:
Well then my question is what exactly could have it been?
Its not meant to be a phablet so I hope thats not where youre going.

[COLOR=#red]No expandable memory, small a** non-removable battery yet having a quad-core processor, lacks LTE, boring a**has been design, glass back. The flagships now have Quad Core AND LTE not to mention HSPA+ as well, removeable batteries with more maH, and up to 64MB of expandable memory. No way I'm going to pay $$$ for something with less features and convenience, if I was going to do that I'd just get a freakin iPhone 5.

So to answer your question what could it have been...it could have been a whole lot better, and don't tell me it's because of Android OS 4.2...they could have just released it for the GNEX, it's not like it's even a full upgrade to Key Lime Pie.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]No expandable memory, small a** non-removable battery yet having a quad-core processor, lacks LTE, boring a**has been design, glass back. The flagships now have Quad Core AND LTE not to mention HSPA+ as well, removeable batteries with more maH, and up to 64MB of expandable memory. No way I'm going to pay $$$ for something with less features and convenience, if I was going to do that I'd just get a freakin iPhone 5.
So to answer your question what could it have been...it could have been a whole lot better, and don't tell me it's because of Android OS 4.2...they could have just released it for the GNEX, it's not like it's even a full upgrade to Key Lime Pie.[/COLOR]

I agree with the storage, but that is a small price to pay IMO.

How many flagships have quad core RIGHT NOW? I know of the Note 2, which technically isn't just a phone. Anything else?

How many phones have 2GB of RAM? Thats HUGE.

Design? Well thats a wash. I'm one who really doesn't care that much about design. Thats never been a selling point for me personally.

I already said I'm done with the LTE argument so I'm not even going there.

The biggest thing you're failing to grasp here is this phone is being sold at $300-$350 off contract. Thats INSANE. Of course theres going to be some things sacrificed. EVERY single other phone on every single other contract would be $6-700 off contract. If it was selling for 700 bucks with limitations I'd be the first to complain, but for 300 I don't think theres much room for complaints.

i love the sound of the "Droid" and the name lol. Its like having my own R2D2 in my pocket. Unfortunately, I haven't been too impressed with their hardware except for the MAXX.

Not feeling that review at al. Did he criticize the 4/4S that much for having a glass back ? Dude's tone was a turnoff as soon as I pressed play.

Yeah, Nexus 4 on HSPA+ 42 Mbps.

Any knowledge on ATT's HSPA+? 

AT&T's HSPA+ is theoretically 21 Mbps. They don't plan on making it capable of 42 Mbps since they're focusing on developing LTE (from what I read).

I want the Nexus 4 but AT&T HSPA+ sucks in San Francisco. I get ~1.5 Mbps with AT&T but I'm not sure how T-Mobile HSPA+ speed is in San Francisco. I'm thinking that Straight Talk with a T-Mobile SIM may be a little faster than getting an AT&T SIM. This seems like a hassle so I might just buy an LTE capable phone instead. I can't wait to drop the Iphone 4S I'm currently using.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom