• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For the price it should have had better specs. For $50 more Samsung gave you features (gimmicks) and top of the line specs.
Who knows. Moto X could get on time OTAs like the Nexus's.

Would that help it. Like it gets 5.0 Key lime pie same day as the Nexus devices?

For the price it should have had better specs. For $50 more Samsung gave you features (gimmicks) and top of the line specs.

Would that help it. Like it gets 5.0 Key lime pie same day as the Nexus devices?

I've never seen such distain for this phone. If this was 2012 I bet you all would be Dropping those S3's in a minute but its 2013 and all the hate stems from the $200 on contract and the $575 off contract price.

You can get a Google Play Edition HTC ONE for that much

that's just not the price of a mid-tier phone IMO. we all got spoiled by the nexus 4 and seeing that google bought moto, we were all expecting the same price if not less.

maybe in a couple of months when it drops down to $99 on contract then maybe it'll move some units, but don't think it'll sell well out the gate, maybe for at&t since they have the exclusive of having more customization on release.

Not really. Its like if apple rereleased the 4s this year instead a 5s and charged $200 on contract for it because it has new features. Sure it's up to date but for how long?

You wish.
Carriers arent gonna let that happen although the google play edition may get it a few days later if this is any indication:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/2/45...ne-google-play-editions-receiving-android-4-3

That clock is dope. How do you know if you have notifications though? Do they show up in that thing?
That's what your launcher is for. The notifications. Its customizable so you can put notifications on it if you want.
That's what your launcher is for. The notifications. Its customizable so you can put notifications on it if you want.
^^I was just about to put this...

Between other widgets or pay for Apex or Nova Prime and set it so that your apps have a notification counter on them is also an option.
I use Floating Notifications. It's a great app.
thanks you guys. I will look into this.

So I got my new Nexus today and its working better than my old one. My GPS locks instantly, its faster, no crashing BUT I still cant get it to show up on any of my computers so I can root it. Anyone got any ideas?

thanks you guys. I will look into this.

So I got my new Nexus today and its working better than my old one. My GPS locks instantly, its faster, no crashing BUT I still cant get it to show up on any of my computers so I can root it. Anyone got any ideas?
Go to the website and download the drivers maybe that's why

You wish.
Carriers arent gonna let that happen although the google play edition may get it a few days later if this is any indication:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/2/45...ne-google-play-editions-receiving-android-4-3
GSM carriers will let it happen.

I'm just trying to find some good in the phone

highly doubt it, especially since it took 9 days for the google play edition phones to get the latest version.
there's nothing good to be found in this garbage excuse for a 2013 flagship.

You wish.

GSM carriers will let it happen.

I'm just trying to find some good in the phone

Its not a bad phone but compared to the what's already available this year, it's not priced well. Save for the camera and battery, it's specs are close to the one s, s2 and og note. And nobody trying pay $200 on contract for those now.

Last edited:
What do I need to achieve something like this. Just downloading a launcher and a theme pack or do I actually need to root my phone?
Hey yall I'm running MIUI. If you are not running MIUI you can download MiHome from the Playstore and use it as your launcher. 

Note: MiHome will not allow you to change your status bar. It will only work for a MIUI rom.

I'll dropbox the links in a bit for the MTZ file. Icons, status bar, home wallpaper are all included in the space potatoes MTZ file. The lock screen and lock screen wallpaper are from different files.

edit:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1fi0nu1c7d55c2/Space Potato MIUI.mtz

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bef7ief4u0fwh8l/convy icons V4&V5-v1.2.mtz

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iavvyhsyjhbw319/MIUI-v5-Black-Android-0572.mtz

Last edited:
http://www.phonearena.com/news/The-Moto-X-is-not-a-mid-range-device-its-top-shelf_id46020#5-

So it turns out the damn Moto X is fast enough to keep up with a S4 and everything but just lacks a 1080p screen

Now its a good device with stock android but lacks the newer 1080p screen.

I now would take it over a S4 if I was on CDMA
I can excuse the cpu because I think dual-core phones can run android very well, but that 720p screen is a deal breaker. The screen is a phone's most important feature, and 720p is simply outdated. I no longer believe expandable storage is a must in a phone, but a removable battery is paramount to me. This doesnt even have that.

I can excuse the cpu because I think dual-core phones can run android very well, but that 720p screen is a deal breaker. The screen is a phone's most important feature, and 720p is simply outdated. I no longer believe expandable storage is a must in a phone, but a removable battery is paramount to me. This doesnt even have that.
Lol Screen is not the most important feature

Its capabilties such as LTE, NFC, OS version

720p really is a downer but what other stock Android phone is on Sprint or Verizon(Touchwiz is absolutely terrible to me)

I don't get the need for expandable storage but then again I have a 8gb Nexus 4

Why do you need removable battery? You carrying around multiple phone batteries?

but if u wanna keep the phone for a while dont uthink quad core wpuld be more future proof?

Its a good dual core so it should be fine. Its a toss up but untill the Nexus 4 I can't think of a Quad Core phone for the full public. People still but S3s and those are Dual core so it should be fine

but if u wanna keep the phone for a while dont uthink quad core wpuld be more future proof?
it is kinda sorta. The way these phones are using the cores are different. Most are 2 high power and 2 low power cores. You get better battery life, but they are still only using 2 cores. Ram is more important than cores IMHO.

Last edited:
it is kinda sorta. The way these phones are using the cores are different. Most are 2 high power and 2 low power cores. You get better battery life, but they are still only using 2 cores. Ram is more important than cores IMHO.

but still in the future the software will utilize more of the cores but with a dual core phone i feel the software is already utilized for it but it wont be too much better in the future

how do i download this to my HTC One? I just got the phone yesterday..

Get UCCW from the market.
Download the uzip file I posted
Place the uzip file into the UltimateCustomClockWidget folder

Get apex launcher or nova launcher from the market.
Make sure you have space to open the clock.
Then follow instructions on my website

After that. Hold onto screen and choose widgets.
Scroll down to UCCW. Choose the 4x1 widget.
Adjust it to your screen.

Also Kaws VMA Clock coming soon along with UCCW music player. :wink:

I play Capcom fighting games with my PS3 controller on Mame4Droid and constantly multi-task with Floating Browser and other resource intensive programs.

The Moto X is out of the question for me.

Waiting to see what the Sony Honami and the Note 3 look like.

I play Capcom fighting games with my PS3 controller on Mame4Droid and constantly multi-task with Floating Browser and other resource intensive programs.

The Moto X is out of the question for me.

Waiting to see what the Sony Honami and the Note 3 look like.

Can't get mame4droid setup correctly to save my life.

Back
Top Bottom