Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm officially on Nougat. :pimp:

What phone?

I'm still waiting on my 6 :frown:

I read online to join the beta program, then you will automatically get the 1.1 GB download for the official N update. Doing it on my mom's nexus 6 right now. The beta version of N is installing as we speak. I will report back if the official N update pushes through after

I saw people confirming that they got the official Nougat on pretty much every device but the 6.

I'm officially on Nougat. 
pimp.gif
What phone?

I'm still waiting on my 6
frown.gif
6P. I already had the beta installed.

You have to have the upgrade available in your contract though. My wifes contract is up on the 11th of September and they told me I had to wait till then. Sprint 1800 number can do the 2 year extension even if your contact isnt up yet.

Which number? I called just a couple hours ago and asked about using a 2yr contract extension upgrade and was told I had to wait until my contract was up sept 19.

Has anyone experienced scratches yet?

I had cases before I had a phone. I learned my lesson to be prepared, because I got a phone before and dropped it the first day, because I was waiting to get my cases in the mail. There's nothing worse than getting a ding on your phone the first day you buy it. Talk about being pissed.

nah its kind of bs.

my mother's two nexus players are going to get android N but the nexus 5/7 2013 wouldn't despite having better specs and would get more from the update than the nexus player :x :smh:

Yeah, I hate that about Android, even though I get a new phone every year. I do keep tablets for two. It sucks for other people who do keep phones longer, but then since they don't really care from Google's perspective they probably don't care they didn't get the latest update, because they don't care about having the latest phone.

They feel like if you cared you could use XDA.

is the note 7 gonna be getting nouget?

The way Samsung has been even though it's going to be available in 2 or 3 months, it's probably not going to be until December to February according to how long they've been taking.

And even that only gets you two years of updates. No Android N on the Nexus 5 nor Nexus 7 2013, two devices that have the hardware to run it, as will be proven by custom roms.

I have a old Nexus 7 2013 and I was hoping I would get it even though the battery now sucks, but I didn't expect it.

I'll flash it.

Submitted for my Samsung promotion them realized that I uploaded the wrong receipt. It has the amount and date on there, but not my name and number. Hopefully they just accept it, if not I'll just have to take the L and wait longer after resubmission.

Samsung is wylin for leaving out standard apps like music player and voice recorder. They also took away the option to turn off the touch button lights.

The official version is literally the same thing as the developer preview 5, without the beta message that pops up upon booting the phone.

Yeah i get that part of wanting u to buy the latest product (ridiculous but i get it)

THAT important .. no .. but theres no reason why the phone should be that far behind. Dont most apple products all get updates at one point or another. Im still getting updates for my ipad air from 2013.
:smh:

Not much anymore. Before they only had a couple of versions but iOs 9 edges out the 4 but includes the 4s with ios10 coming out it'll leave out anything under 5 and that was only 4yrs ago. The 5 will be outdated when the iOs drops

I had cases before I had a phone. I learned my lesson to be prepared, because I got a phone before and dropped it the first day, because I was waiting to get my cases in the mail. There's nothing worse than getting a ding on your phone the first day you buy it. Talk about being pissed.

I've read and seen a video that the GG5 on the Note 7 isn't as scratch resistant as GG4

Submitted for my Samsung promotion them realized that I uploaded the wrong receipt. It has the amount and date on there, but not my name and number. Hopefully they just accept it, if not I'll just have to take the L and wait longer after resubmission.

Samsung is wylin for leaving out standard apps like music player and voice recorder. They also took away the option to turn off the touch button lights.

I was just reading about this. Why Samsung? Why?! :smh: At least they still let you download it.

I was gonna use android pay until I learned that you have to set a screen lock which I never use.

Gonna use Samsung pay since it just requires a pin before use. On the phone with Wells Fargo now waiting for them to verify my card. I had no clue that i had to do all this.

Last edited:
If you activate SAMSUNG pay, (not Android pay) enter my referral code and we'll both get an extra $5 when you use the service the first time.

D4F110

yea my note is not being kept, cpl things...

the screen is def not as scratch resistant, put a nice scratch in one with my wedding ring by accident... thats never happened on my N4 or s7e (ring is tungeston plated in rose gold

right on the edge too :x

also its battery life is worse than my s7e, and there was some minor lag flicking between things the other day, i dont know if its nova launcher or what but i dunno I jus feel like a waterproof note5 with sd would have been better...

in conclusion
===========
too small
screen scratches easily
battery undersized

just enough niggles to make me fall off the best phone ever train

Too small? I really like the size, it feels great in the hand. Despite being 5.7 I can easily manager it with one hand unlike the iPhone.

I think I still like Chrome better than the Samsung browser.

My SD card will be here Wednesday :wow:

Make sure y'all flourish with the free $20 For using Samsung pay before the 31st

I was shocked to get a tracking number already.

Nougat bout to start rolling out for Nexus devices, even the Nexus Player fittin to get it. Don't think the Nexus 5 is gettin it though

yea my note is not being kept, cpl things...

the screen is def not as scratch resistant, put a nice scratch in one with my wedding ring by accident... thats never happened on my N4 or s7e (ring is tungeston plated in rose gold

right on the edge too :x

also its battery life is worse than my s7e, and there was some minor lag flicking between things the other day, i dont know if its nova launcher or what but i dunno I jus feel like a waterproof note5 with sd would have been better...

in conclusion
===========
too small
screen scratches easily
battery undersized

just enough niggles to make me fall off the best phone ever train

That's weird, the battery life is night and day better for me than the My S7 Edge.

Nougat bout to start rolling out for Nexus devices, even the Nexus Player fittin to get it. Don't think the Nexus 5 is gettin it though

Nexus 5 bros unite, maybe we'll get come custom ROM love

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom