Wade Fly vs. Lebron 8 v3... who wins?

^probably wade fly because of the translucent outsole but neither of these are made to last long outdoors..

^probably wade fly because of the translucent outsole but neither of these are made to last long outdoors..

^ I agree. The wades probably a bit longer, but neither would last very long.

^ I agree. The wades probably a bit longer, but neither would last very long.

none of nike's more recent soles are made to last outdoors. even the xdr basketball soles they send to the us don't hold up well outside.

none of nike's more recent soles are made to last outdoors. even the xdr basketball soles they send to the us don't hold up well outside.

So I purchased the v3 today, and I felt kind of 
ohwell.gif
 about them. The insole cushioning felt great (similar to the v1 & v2) but there were somethings that I did not like (and the reasons why I'm returning them). First, the tongue is too high. I always wear mid cut socks and the tongue still went over them and started rubbing my skin. The forefoot zoom was just OK for me, nothing amazing. IMO the zoom in the Jordan 2010's is way better. And the asymmetrical lacing system created weird flex points for me. I'm sure the v3 will be great for many people, but it wasn't working for me! Just my 2 cents. 

ohwell.gif
 about them. The insole cushioning felt great (similar to the v1 & v2) but there were somethings that I did not like (and the reasons why I'm returning them). First, the tongue is too high. I always wear mid cut socks and the tongue still went over them and started rubbing my skin. The forefoot zoom was just OK for me, nothing amazing. IMO the zoom in the Jordan 2010's is way better. And the asymmetrical lacing system created weird flex points for me. I'm sure the v3 will be great for many people, but it wasn't working for me! Just my 2 cents. 

Originally Posted by Hardaway33

ohwell.gif
Yeah the tongue has cut me on both ankles. I keep rolling my ankles in them too.

Originally Posted by Hardaway33

ohwell.gif
Yeah the tongue has cut me on both ankles. I keep rolling my ankles in them too.

Update.

I've played two more weeks in both shoes. The Wades just get better and better the more I play in them. They feel very natural on my feet now. I'm really enjoying the responsive zoom, great court feel, sticky traction, and great stability and support. These are my favorite shoes in my current rotation. Lebron PSs are still very nice shoes, but are just a few notches down on forefoot cushioning, court feel, traction, stability, and support. Plus the carbon shank plate still causes me minor irritation, while the Wades have no pressure points. I still like playing in the PSs, but I constantly want to pick the Wades over them.

Update.

I've played two more weeks in both shoes. The Wades just get better and better the more I play in them. They feel very natural on my feet now. I'm really enjoying the responsive zoom, great court feel, sticky traction, and great stability and support. These are my favorite shoes in my current rotation. Lebron PSs are still very nice shoes, but are just a few notches down on forefoot cushioning, court feel, traction, stability, and support. Plus the carbon shank plate still causes me minor irritation, while the Wades have no pressure points. I still like playing in the PSs, but I constantly want to pick the Wades over them.

Nice to hear, si3n4. I love to hear people thinking the same way about a shoe as I do. Kind of validates my reviews, at least in my eyes.

Nice to hear, si3n4. I love to hear people thinking the same way about a shoe as I do. Kind of validates my reviews, at least in my eyes.

Thanks Duke. You and I usually agree on shoes, so I was really surprised I didn't love the Wades the first few times I played in them. I guess I just needed to break them in a little more because now they are great.

Thanks Duke. You and I usually agree on shoes, so I was really surprised I didn't love the Wades the first few times I played in them. I guess I just needed to break them in a little more because now they are great.

Back
Top Bottom