Wait wait wait HOLD UP....Jay is really Mr. Knowles?

Traditionally when you get married the women takes on her husbands name... NOT the other way around...

Beyonce's dad didn't change his name to Matthew Beyince-Knowles did he?? (Good thing he didn't since their gettin a divorce)

Jay Z Camel Stedman had NO reason to change his name other than being a sucka...

I would say they could JUST have children, but I'm sure Jay Camel Stedman is shootin blanks by now...

Tradition is a lame excuse. What difference does it really make?

I wouldn't want to completely give up my last name, would you? So why do we force our partners to?

That tradition goes back to when wives were considered property.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Tradition is a lame excuse. What difference does it really make?

I wouldn't want to completely give up my last name, would you? So why do we force our partners to?

That tradition goes back to when wives were considered property.
I'm not a woman, nor do I plan on gettin married so that would NEVER be something I would waste my time thinking about...

When 2 people join in "holy matramony" they are to become ONE... Her parents had NO problem following that"tradition"...

And wives are property, just like children are... Plus she already changer her name "allegedly" so why does he have to follow suit?? He hasNO reason to take on HER dad's name, especially when he didn't even take his OWN fathers name...

Originally Posted by TOUCH MONEY

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
that's a new low
roll.gif

women take their last names just as seriously as you guys do...when you have a brother its not a big deal cuz he can carry on the name...but when there is noone to carry that name its kinda sad...i mean her first name is her mothers maiden name...its not like he's only Mr. Knowles...it was something that wasimportant to her i'm assuming so he just added it...

^ Thats what I was thinking. If I married one of Obama's daughters (no pedo) I would Obama - My last name. If my wife was a nobody and she had 3 brothers Iwouldnt even consider it.

That $!+% is just STUPID... Straight up.

The simple fact that Camel Stedman didn't even take on his OWN father's name, but is willing to take on Beyonce'sfather's name is just pathetic... Then you factor in that Matthew Knowles and Camel Stedman are around the SAME ageanyway, it just makes it even more weird...

If I were to have kids I wouldn't want some punk who married my daughter to take on MY last name, he ain't my #*%%*# son...

ServeChilled81 wrote:

why not just name whatever kids they have Knowles- or Carter-
Solange has a son, he could be Knowles-
Camel Stedman is shootin blanks... They could adopt tho...

Salonge son last name is Smith

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

why not just name whatever kids they have Knowles- or Carter-
Solange has a son, he could be Knowles-

he probably has his fathers name cuz she was married to him at one point...

If I were to have kids I wouldn't want some punk who married my daughter to take on MY last name, he ain't my !@!%+@ son...
that makes no sense cuz as a father what he wants to do with her last name has nothing to do with you...yeah she got the name from you but thatdont put you in their marriage

Does it make it any less her last name if it came from her father? It's still HER last name regardless of whether she got it from her mother or father. Whothe hell am I to take that piece of her identity away from her?

You're making too much of a connection between the husband and the wives father.

If it were an issue, they would have handled it differently. You deal with the issues the way you find fitting, others will do things their way. There is noabsolute answer on this issue.

I just don't plan on asking my wife to just get rid of her last name. Doesn't matter who she took the name from, it became her last name. It isn'tmy right to take that away, in my opinion.

it'd make more sense for her to change hers sons name to Knolwes-Smith.

I wonder what the Illuminati folks here think of this

Since they don't have any sons and if Jay and Beyonce don't produce any children, then the name ends there
Do any of you take this as an attempt by them to alter the natural order of things?

I know that seems silly but not too far fetched with some of the things I read on here

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

If I were to have kids I wouldn't want some punk who married my daughter to take on MY last name, he ain't my !@!%+@ son...
that makes no sense cuz as a father what he wants to do with her last name has nothing to do with you...yeah she got the name from you but that dont put you in their marriage

But why does Camel Stedman have to take on Matthew Knowles name?? He's NOT a part of his family... I have noproblem with Beyonce changing hers, I mean she's his wife regardless of what her name is, but why did Camel Stedman change his?? thatcouldn't have been HIS idea... Why would you wanna carry on ANOTHER Ns name, but not your OWNfather's?? That's not makin ANY sense to me...

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

that makes no sense cuz as a father what he wants to do with her last name has nothing to do with you...yeah she got the name from you but that dont put you in their marriage
But why does Camel Stedman have to take on Matthew Knowles name?? He's NOT a part of his family... I have no problem with Beyonce changing hers, I mean she's his wife regardless of what her name is, but why did Camel Stedman change his?? that couldn't have been HIS idea... Why would you wanna carry on ANOTHER Ns name, but not your OWN father's?? That's not makin ANY sense to me...

I thought the article say Beyonce's father wanted to carry on the name because he has no sons and Stedman is apart of his family now. what are you talkingabout.

Was Jay even close with his father? His father wasn't there right? So why would he want to carry his father's name?

And again, she got the name from her father, but that doesn't make Knowles any less her name.

Originally Posted by cartune

But why does Camel Stedman have to take on Matthew Knowles name?? He's NOT a part of his family... I have no problem with Beyonce changing hers, I mean she's his wife regardless of what her name is, but why did Camel Stedman change his?? that couldn't have been HIS idea... Why would you wanna carry on ANOTHER Ns name, but not your OWN father's?? That's not makin ANY sense to me...

I thought the article say Beyonce's father wanted to carry on the name because he has no sons and Stedman is apart of his family now. what are you talking about.
That IS the reasoning the articles alledge...

Why does Jay Z have to take on THAT man's name tho?? The other kid that knocked up Salonge and was later FORCED to marryher didn't change his %#!%... I mean his own grandson doesn't even carry the name Knowles...

Their family just has an obsession with names, Beyonce ttok on her mothers maiden name as her first, then they have House Of Derion which is her maternalgrandmothers name...

And there's no telling wether Matthew Knowles has any sons floating around... (I did meet him like 5 years ago at a music conference, N was sittin next tome, he's a FUNNY guy... N is AS hood as ANYone)

HarlemToTheBronx wrote:

Was Jay even close with his father? His father wasn't there right? So why would he want to carry his father's name?

And again, she got the name from her father, but that doesn't make Knowles any less her name.
According to him and his mother, Camel Stedman had a CLOSE relationship with HIS father untilthey got a divorce... But STILL he never carried his pops last name, but he's willing to carry on another man...

No need to continue this argument. Done it several times in General.

I'll actually wait till dudes post.

Originally Posted by cartune

I thought the article say Beyonce's father wanted to carry on the name because he has no sons and Stedman is apart of his family now. what are you talking about.
That IS the reasoning the articles alledge...

Why does Jay Z have to take on THAT man's name tho?? The other kid that knocked up Salonge and was later FORCED to marry her didn't change his %#!%... I mean his own grandson doesn't even carry the name Knowles...

Their family just has an obsession with names, Beyonce ttok on her mothers maiden name as her first, then they have House Of Derion which is her maternal grandmothers name...

And there's no telling wether Matthew Knowles has any sons floating around... (I did meet him like 5 years ago at a music conference, N was sittin next to me, he's a FUNNY guy... N is AS hood as ANYone)

HarlemToTheBronx wrote:

According to him and his mother, Camel Stedman had a CLOSE relationship with HIS father until they got a divorce... But STILL he never carried his pops last name, but he's willing to carry on another man...

well thats your answer right there...its important to THAT family to continue names for whatever reason...so he made a comprimise with HIS WIFE...

and Jay is a part of her family they way she became a part of his and even took his name...and the children they produce regardless of last names will be partof both families...

what is the natural order being altered? he's not carrying their child...its a last name that they could change to anything ie Ochocinco
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom