Waiter returns lost check worth $424,000 to a customer who didn't tip..VOL.. DO THE RIGHT THING?

:lol: Sure.

You think you can go to a bank and cash a 424k cashier's check no questions asked and you fooling yourself.

They may straight up say no, with some excuse like we dont got that cash on us.

Especially if you go to the wrong bank.
Oh they gonna ask questions :lol:
But with unless it’s made out to a specific person/there’s a stop on it, it doesn’t matter what questions they ask, it can still be cashed/deposited by anyone

Oh they gonna ask questions :lol:
But with unless it’s made out to a specific person/there’s a stop on it, it doesn’t matter what questions they ask, it can still be cashed/deposited by anyone
Go ahead and cash it....

1 year later begging God so the judge can go light on the sentencing hearing
0F1874DD-DF0E-4B00-9278-39B65808F5F4.jpeg

Don’t know anyone’s personal story BUT to be fair the lenders already know how much money you have in the bank as well as done multiple job and credit checks. Check isn’t just “taking your word for it” at that point. Just sayin

cats really thinking they are getting away with someone else's 420K
and changing the name is going to keep them safe

Ahhhh theft?? Fraud?
The only way it’s either of those things is if the payee or memo line states some purpose other than just cash. I used to issue these things pretty often, and they/personal checks made out to cash is an extremely risky thing to do, so we used to advise people to be specific when paying out a check. From a legal standpoint there’s almost no action that can be taken as the person who issues the check/fails to place the stop in time has to prove that ‘cash’ is specifically going to someone else.

No bank even has 400k on hand anymore, this ain't the 80's.......

True that it could have been deposited though.

It could have been deposited but the funds would not be available immediately and would take quite some time to be validated.
There's no "legal" way to find that cashier's check and cash or deposit it. It's not happening, as already said you walk in there and try a legit cashier's check and they got paperwork to file because they have to make sure you not laundering money or working with terrorist so they gon check you out. And saying "mobile deposit" is hilarious cause again, you may can "deposit it" but the money will be frozen and you'll likely get a phone call or an email that says come down to a local branch and let's hash something out.

FYI you can for sure get a money order at a bank, the limit is $1k but you can get one. I go to the bank every month and get a cashier's check and remember being told at both Chase and Bank of America that money orders only go up to $1k and that if I need to send more it'll need to be a cashier's check and they for sure are getting a name on it

It could have been deposited but the funds would not be available immediately and would take quite some time to be validated.
There's no "legal" way to find that cashier's check and cash or deposit it. It's not happening, as already said you walk in there and try a legit cashier's check and they got paperwork to file because they have to make sure you not laundering money or working with terrorist so they gon check you out. And saying "mobile deposit" is hilarious cause again, you may can "deposit it" but the money will be frozen and you'll likely get a phone call or an email that says come down to a local branch and let's hash something out.

FYI you can for sure get a money order at a bank, the limit is $1k but you can get one. I go to the bank every month and get a cashier's check and remember being told at both Chase and Bank of America that money orders only go up to $1k and that if I need to send more it'll need to be a cashier's check and they for sure are getting a name on it
My chase and b of a
Don’t do money orders
I think it may depend on the branch
The area
And such
But my banks don’t do money orders

My chase and b of a
Don’t do money orders
I think it may depend on the branch
The area
And such
But my banks don’t do money orders

Could be, when I stopped using personal checks and started using certified funds I was used to money orders for my apartment rent payments but since I'm in a house now rent is a lil higher gotta use a cashier's check and BoA needs the name and also asks for the address of the recipient

Or u can just call a branch
Call one out where u live
Call one in ny
Call one out in ca
I’m thinking different regions
Do things slightly different based on maybe state laws and such

Could be, when I stopped using personal checks and started using certified funds I was used to money orders for my apartment rent payments but since I'm in a house now rent is a lil higher gotta use a cashier's check and BoA needs the name and also asks for the address of the recipient
Yeah mines ask
I just say leave it blank
Never asked for an address though

You cant just do eChecks? Just moved into my second crib and this seems to be a universal form of automatic payment

Still can't believe dudes in here think you can just forge your name onto a cashier's check and think youre cashing it.

It could be for $5, it wont work

Yeah mines ask
I just say leave it blank
Never asked for an address though

There's no way I'd leave it blank, even though I go straight from the bank to drop off the rent, I'm not leaving a whole month up for risk of being jacked and cashed with nothing protecting me

You cant just do eChecks? Just moved into my second crib and this seems to be a universal form of automatic payment

Still can't believe dudes in here think you can just forge your name onto a cashier's check and think youre cashing it.

It could be for $5, it wont work

Probably could but landlord is an older guy so idk if he knows how that would work and don't think I'm that invested in trying to teach him how if he doesn't.
Right now, I'm cool with going to the bank and droppin' off the CC

There's no way I'd leave it blank, even though I go straight from the bank to drop off the rent, I'm not leaving a whole month up for risk of being jacked and cashed with nothing protecting me
I immediately tear the other half off and place in a separate pocket or my hand test in my car
Also I take a pic of it JUST in case
Whole folder in my phone
of cashier check receipts

Back
Top Bottom