Wale Showcases His 50 Favorite Sneakers (Link)

Some of this list is cool, some is a little predictable, and his commentary is a little yawn-inducing. What do you guys think.
Wale's Favorite 50 Sneakers

33bkf3o.png

[Note Hope This Is The Right Forum]

Hmm, that's a pretty nice list, but his descriptions of the kicks are
eyes.gif
...And the kicks that he said were "exclusives" really weren't that exclusive.

That was painful to read. He says something about Nike experimenting with materials on the Linen AF1 and I have no idea what he's talking about.

if you don't have these then you're not in the game? lol at having to get them because they're so expensive. hypebeast......had some good picks though.

it's not the sneakers themselves that suck, it's how the list is compiled and the explanations for them. Jesse Leyva's list was ten times better and more thought out.

That made me realize this cat knows nothing about kicks. What crazy materials are on linen air forces? Leather and rubber? I give the list a C, choice was decent but his explaination was horrible.

Originally Posted by Page86

Jesse Leyva's list was ten times better and more thought out.
eek.gif
 you can't compare the two. that's unfair. i just looked through leyva's list and i love the fact that he has swift triaxes, footscapes, talarias, canvas forces and a bunch of others that i enjoy wearing. 
wale's list is his personal list so i can't really knock it. didn't bother reading the commentary. i think if the average NT'er posted their list it'd be pretty boring. instead of a collection post, next time imma do a top 50 of my own that i own. it'll end up being only af1's and am95's 
laugh.gif

The list was great his explanation throughout was terrible.

smh.gif

quotes like this make me re-evalutate why i even bother coppin kicks sometimes...

"Coming up J's were the most important shoes. The other sneakers really didn't matter. In order to keep the kids from laughing at you, you had to grab a pair of Mike's. That kept you safe from all the guys that would laugh at you or the girls who really didn't think you were cute. If you had Jordans on you could get by."

laugh.gif
..sad..in my opinion, your outfit accentuates who you already are, not da other way around.
"Supreme is a real exclusive brand, and on top of that the quality is top. You can only get their stuff from the actual store so the exclusivity of this sneaker did it for me."

people that go down this path are usually da first ones to cry "da sneaker game is dead" because they happen to retro a pair of their coveted

kicks to da mass audience.
"Again, another crazy colorway. This was when Nike first started to experiment with new materials. My man sent me a picture and I knew I had to have them. I really wasn't a Air Force 1 fan until they started doing stuff like this."

air force I's were bigger then just those damn linen pairs...smh i'll take a pair of HI's in original colors over anything.
"These were way ahead of their time. The design broke the plane for shoes and the technology they incorporated. I remember we had to get these just because of the price. If something cost so much it had to be good."

price =/= appeal

"The reason why I added these was the exclusivity of the IV. Not because I actually liked them like that, but it was the fact that people went through so much to actually get them."

that hypebeast rhetoric is self absorbing....

He said this abut the laney 5's

"That's easy, It was the colorway. I won't even beat around the bush onthese. Only certain stores were able to get them so if somebody hadthem you knew they were up on game ."

Now I understand that these are people's grail

but wasnt these shoes on the sales rack?

Originally Posted by Michaelfoooo

"That's easy, It was the colorway. I won't even beat around the bush onthese. Only certain stores were able to get them so if somebody hadthem you knew they were up on game ."

yeah those were a regular release in NYC....

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Michaelfoooo

"That's easy, It was the colorway. I won't even beat around the bush on
these. Only certain stores were able to get them so if somebody had
them you knew they were up on game ."

yeah those were a regular release in NYC....

Laneys were a GR everywhere. The hell is Wale talking bout?
roll.gif

that list was dope, but man some of the stuff he said  
roll.gif

Stuntman Mike: im interested
nerd.gif

No disrespect, but how do you ONLY have Nike's in your top 50?

I mean, my list would probably be 55% foamposites but there are tons of other shoes from other brands that would crack my top 50.

I'm kind of shocked not to see any pennys, bakins or goadomes on that list.

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

No disrespect, but how do you ONLY have Nike's in your top 50?

I mean, my list would probably be 55% foamposites but there are tons of other shoes from other brands that would crack my top 50.

I'm kind of shocked not to see any pennys, bakins or goadomes on that list.

To be honest, i probably woulda had only Nikes in my list too, and I love all kinds of brands.
laugh.gif

No disrespect tho, there's nothing I wouldn't do for some Reebok Kamikazes or even some Fila Grant Hills, but personally, my top 50 list would consist of nothing but Nikes from the 90s.

btw, Wale's list was alright. i aint gonna lie, he had some gems in there, but i got that hypebeast vibe from him when he said that he liked the jordan 4s just because it was popular with everybody else, not because he necessarily liked them for himself.  And how he had to get the Flightposites just because of the price itself, but i aint hear nothing about how the shoe performed.

I know that was his list and all, but Wale is full of bull.

Back
Top Bottom