Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox story APPRECIATION

Word to...
Sam: [after Dewey accidentally barges in a room filled with smoke and groupies]
[coughs]
Sam: Get outta here, Dewey!
Dewey Cox: What are y'all doin' in here?
Sam: We're smoking reefer and you don't want no part of this #!%+.
Dewey Cox: You're smoking *reefers*?
Sam: Yeah, 'course we are; can't you smell it?
Dewey Cox: No, Sam. I can't.
Girl Groupie: Come on, Dewey! Join the party!
[takes a hit off a joint]
Sam: No, Dewey, you don't want this. Get outta here!
Dewey Cox: You know what, I don't want no hangover. I can't get no hangover.
Sam: It doesn't give you a hangover!
Dewey Cox: Wha-I get addicted to it or something?
Sam: It's not habit-forming!
Dewey Cox: Oh, okay... well, I don't know... I don't want to overdose on it.
Sam: You can't OD on it!
Dewey Cox: It's not gonna make me wanna have sex, is it?
Sam: It makes sex even better!
Dewey Cox: Sounds kind of expensive.
Sam: It's the cheapest drug there is.
Dewey Cox: [at a loss and out of excuses] Hmm.
Sam: You don't want it!
Dewey Cox: I think I kinda want it.
Sam: Okay, but just this once. Come on in.

Now I'll never quit
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Yeah, I've never seen it either. I read somewhere that it didn't do too well in the box office - but that it should have because it was actually verygood.

Man this movie was hilarious. Much appreciated. That was one of my favorite parts.

"Get outa here dewey, you don't want no parts of this !$! "
laugh.gif

$18,317,151 in about 4 weeks time with a production budget of $35 million.

Less than stellar. The only reasons I can say as to why it did bad is Winters as of late have been drama/family driven. Comedies generally do better in theearly spring (March) or late summer (August into September). That and the fact that this film lacked star power. But I don't totally agree with thatbecause most of Apatow Productions rely heavily on 'less known' actors.

Anyway, it's in my movie queue and I'm pumped to get it within the next two weeks!

it wasnt bad, it just wasnt that good. the previews looked very weak so maybe not many people wanted to see it, but i thought the movie was pretty funny. itwas extremely dry during some stretches of it though

Originally Posted by ChaBillionaire23

Naw its not VERY good but its pretty funny. Judds weakest project so far.
I agree that its Judd's weakest but that's saying a lot because that +%% was hilarious. Favorite parts: "Dewey! You don't want noparts of this $!#%!" When he learns to play the guitar had me
laugh.gif

"And I'm Dewey's twelve year old girlfriend!" had me DYING. Shorty was at least 32
laugh.gif

I could quote this movie left, right, up, and down..

"Edith! Don't leave either!"
roll.gif

".... what te *%!$ was he talking about?"
laugh.gif
(take that elvis)
"Dewey, I'm halfed!"
"WRONG KID DIED!"

This *#!% is FUH-KNEE bro. This movie may be a little too long, but 80 percent of it is HILARIOUS. It's cult classic in the making, I bet.

I died laughing when his dad said something like "you aren't even half of the top half of your brother" after he sliced him with the machete.

i thought this movie was really underrated. my favorite movie in a long time. much better comedy than blades of steel and semi-pro. i feel like people justdidn't give it a chance because it didnt star will ferrel or vince vaughn

aside from the full frontal male package nudity this movie was straight comic
roll.gif
"IM GUILTY AS CHAAAAAARGED!" oMG I was laughinh out loud literally in the theatre adding my annoying laugh and ruining it for everybody. TheDumbest funniest movie I have eva seen hands down! Ghostface was
pimp.gif
aswell. Im trying to find the clip on youtube when duke dies and becomes a spirit right afterwards and continues to cheer for Cox...
eek.gif
laugh.gif
Wow

It wasn't my favorite Apatow movie, but it was still hysterical. I need to pick it up on DVD.

Back
Top Bottom