Walk with me to help end Lupus, NT

Hey NT, I know I rarely ever post threads, but today I come to you all for a request. A good friend of mine was diagnosed with lupus, "a chronic, autoimmune disease that can damage any part of the body (skin, joints, and/or organs inside the body)."

Tomorrow, I will be walking in SF to help promote awareness for this disease. All I ask is for a small donation, $1, $2, $10, or whatever, that will go toward the Lupus Foundation of America, through our team Walk With Maiden.

If you donate more than $15, I will personally do you a favor and create something in Photoshop for you, I'm not a professional designer but I have accumulated some skills through working on projects the past decade. (Portfolio: http://cpultd.wordpress.com/design-projects/)

You can donate here: http://lupus.donorpages.com/SanFrancisco2014/caoboy/

Mods, let me know if this is not allowed here. Thanks NT fam.

Last edited:
I appreciate it fam.

Here's something she posted on her FB wall the other day, it may give you a better idea of what it is like living with lupus:

"#13. The moments leading up to the diagnosis were terrifying. Keeping track and researching my symptoms were not as simple as just googling it. There were many possible diagnoses which made it much more confusing. I had to take into account the prior meds I had to take which also posed side effects mirroring the symptoms of Lupus. I was taking an antimalarial drug during the medical mission in VN which created this controversy of whether the meds were creating false neg/pos tests. As I researched, I was quite certain that I had Lupus and was quick to self-diagnose. Loved ones were in denial. But of course, nobody wants to believe this is true for anyone, especially those close to home. I cried and lost sleep because of the fear of what would happen to me. When the final diagnosis was made, although saddened, I remember giving a sigh of relief. I knew at that moment that I could finally take control.

It's an understatement when I say I don't know what I'd do without my support. I can't imagine how much more stressful it must be to be a loved one trying to cope with their suffering loved one. With an illness being not well-known with no cure, all you can really do is try to be there for someone suffering from it. I've pushed loved ones away because I knew they didn't know what I was going through. It's all coming back to me. You guys are the real heroes here and I am sincerely grateful."

Awesome, may donate when I get off. My girl has lupus, she needs a kidney right now :smh:

Best wishes to your friend.

Sorry to hear about that bros. Seems more common than I thought, my friend is the only person I know who has lupus.

Thanks to the person who donated anonymously so far, it's much appreciated.

This girl I was really into years ago had Lupus.

My girlfriend now has it in her brain, lungs, and kidneys.

Donated.

It won't be easy, but your friend will be ok. Best of luck to them.

Just wanted to say thank you to those who donated. We did the walk yesterday and the turnout was great. Overall, our team and the Lupus Foundation of America surpassed its total fundraising goal.

I have learned a lot about it this weekend. I'm amazed at all the support there is out there. Keep your head up guys, and stay strong for your loved ones who are going through it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom