Wanna Be Rappers Plaguing My City FML When A Dream Becomes A Dream?

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

LOL at ya'll settling. If you're creative express it. You can use a career to find a dream and vice versa. Don't limit your life with americanized standards, think artistically and keep a free mind. 

Truth.

LOL at ya'll settling. If you're creative express it. You can use a career to find a dream and vice versa. Don't limit your life with americanized standards, think artistically and keep a free mind. 

Truth.

thats why you get your degree and get a full-time job then do your music on the side... like me lol

i rap in a band (its a funk/r&b/alternative-**# band), am 75% done with my concept album and have a lot of random tracks just building up. i think i'm pretty nice and have heard nothing but good things from everybody i've let hear my %*!!. i agree with the op though, everybody wants to be a rapper but 80% of them are wack
laugh.gif

it is what it is. as soon as i make a webpage or something online to start streaming my music it will be in the sig, if anybody wants to hear what i get just hit me with a pm, i'm pretty sure you won't think it sucks lol

thats why you get your degree and get a full-time job then do your music on the side... like me lol

i rap in a band (its a funk/r&b/alternative-**# band), am 75% done with my concept album and have a lot of random tracks just building up. i think i'm pretty nice and have heard nothing but good things from everybody i've let hear my %*!!. i agree with the op though, everybody wants to be a rapper but 80% of them are wack
laugh.gif

it is what it is. as soon as i make a webpage or something online to start streaming my music it will be in the sig, if anybody wants to hear what i get just hit me with a pm, i'm pretty sure you won't think it sucks lol

Originally Posted by allcaps26

Truth.

Settling? So because your not tryna become the next big thing means your settling? All 9-5's are worked by people that just settled? Yall kill me. 
roll.gif

Aint like we all work at walmart.

Originally Posted by allcaps26

Truth.

Settling? So because your not tryna become the next big thing means your settling? All 9-5's are worked by people that just settled? Yall kill me. 
roll.gif

Aint like we all work at walmart.

Originally Posted by hotshots24

being realistic is the easiest road to mediocrity, i refuse to let "life" happen and live a 9-5...Let dreamers be dreamers, no need to feel like your better then dreamers cause youre "realistic"
I've tried so hard to say this as simply as you just did...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by hotshots24

being realistic is the easiest road to mediocrity, i refuse to let "life" happen and live a 9-5...Let dreamers be dreamers, no need to feel like your better then dreamers cause youre "realistic"
I've tried so hard to say this as simply as you just did...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Murda He

For as smart as I am, I could be a doctor...or lawyer. That kills me, mainly because my two best friends are in med school and law school
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
.. But you know what, that's just not WHO I am, despite WHAT I'm capable of... Music is me.
My... I've been trying to say this for so long. I'm very good at school and the books and I'm talented so people tell me I should chase a career in the academics field.

But I keep saying that's not what I like to do. I like to play basketball, but people just blow that off. They tell me I waste my talent and that I'm ungrateful for what I have. Am I really ungrateful? I don't think so. Basketball's what I love, whether I'm good or not. Your earlier post reminded me of when I was young... I used to dream and think I could play in the NBA... I sure miss those days, I was so carefree - but now I changed and I just want to play in college, it doesn't matter where or for who. I think that's how you can tell whether someone really loves what they do: would they do it no matter what the circumstances were?

Like Lupe said: with all that knowledge you ain't tryin to go to college/be a lawyer or a doctor, get a whole lotta dollars/rather degrade women and glorify violence

Originally Posted by Murda He

For as smart as I am, I could be a doctor...or lawyer. That kills me, mainly because my two best friends are in med school and law school
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
.. But you know what, that's just not WHO I am, despite WHAT I'm capable of... Music is me.
My... I've been trying to say this for so long. I'm very good at school and the books and I'm talented so people tell me I should chase a career in the academics field.

But I keep saying that's not what I like to do. I like to play basketball, but people just blow that off. They tell me I waste my talent and that I'm ungrateful for what I have. Am I really ungrateful? I don't think so. Basketball's what I love, whether I'm good or not. Your earlier post reminded me of when I was young... I used to dream and think I could play in the NBA... I sure miss those days, I was so carefree - but now I changed and I just want to play in college, it doesn't matter where or for who. I think that's how you can tell whether someone really loves what they do: would they do it no matter what the circumstances were?

Like Lupe said: with all that knowledge you ain't tryin to go to college/be a lawyer or a doctor, get a whole lotta dollars/rather degrade women and glorify violence

Back
Top Bottom