Warren Sapp is broke but at least he still has his Jordans....

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Originally Posted by RedMan

How much is the NFL pension?

I heard NFL or NBA pension is like $8,000/ month.
laugh.gif

Why can't these dudes just sell off what they got and live a low key life

If you can't live off $96000 a year plus what you made while playing the game that long. You are just doing everything wrong.
The NFL could stand for "Not For Long," with the average career lasting only three years - just enough to qualify for the league's pension plan. The league's plan is based on years of service in the league. Players who retired in the '80s and '90s receive anywhere from $3,000-5,640 per month for every season played in the NFL. Newly retired players receive $5,640 dollars monthlyfor every year of service. Players with 10 years of service receive an additional retirement bonus in the form of an annuity.

Players are eligible to receive their full benefits at the age of 55. While the pension plan is much worse than other sports, the NFL does offer a generous 401(k) plan. The league matches every player's contribution up to 200%. (Housing your retirement plan inside a variable annuity contract offers some big advantages, but only if you are close to retirement. Find out more, in Should Your 401(k) Be In An Annuity?)
Read more: http://www.investopedia.com/financial-edge/0710/Top-Pro-Athlete-Pension-Plans.aspx#ixzz1rZ4zwof4

Pretty sure Sapp played for more then 10 years, but he is not eligible to receive his full benefits

them Js and 300+ pder - tell me what condition you think those shoes are in...stitching probably coming apart everywhere.

Are NFL players the hardest hit financially when they're done? I know their careers are uncertain with the high cause of injury. But it seems like we hear more about NFL players and money problems more often than NBA, NHL, or MLB.

Originally Posted by khadafi252

Are NFL players the hardest hit financially when they're done? I know their careers are uncertain with the high cause of injury. But it seems like we hear more about NFL players and money problems more often than NBA, NHL, or MLB.

From best to worst

PGA
MLB
NFL
NHL

NFL is the worst to get into because u have to play 3 years to get the min and 10 to get the max. These players need to know how to put money into 401k, because NFL gives 200% when regular companies give 50%

These professional athletes need to stop looking at what they can buy, but rather what can they maintain. Of course you can purchase a multimillion dollar home, but the real question is can you maintain it for years to come.

Originally Posted by khadafi252

Probably because, compared to the MLB & NBA, they have the shortest careers and the lowest average salary.

Those guys need to be really cautious.

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

I don't know about you guys world but it isn't just rich dudes getting these girls pregnant out here. I'm sure you would be surprised by how many "regular dudes" have multiple kids with multiple moms. Now multiply that with having money and fame and the desires are all in the same. Men can be their own worst enemy when it comes to the desires of the flesh. A !$$%+ hound is a !$$%+ hound whether rich or poor. The consequences are just as dire and relative. 95% of you would be just as bad given the same situation.
Truth.

Also, knowing how materialistic this board is, can't say I disagree.

Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

These professional athletes need to stop looking at what they can buy, but rather what can they maintain. Of course you can purchase a multimillion dollar home, but the real question is can you maintain it for years to come.
Hit the nail on the MF head. 

Man these baby mamas are serious business.
laugh.gif
Fellas, for the love of wealth and fairness, wrap it up

Back
Top Bottom