Was Steve Francis the most exciting PG to ever play in the NBA? (VID)

no travel.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Baron Davis in his prime>>>>>Francis

CO SIGN

and I'm not talking about the stint in Golden State where everyone jumped on the B Diddy bandwagon after missing all that time with injuries

I'm talking about the Charlotte Baron Davis

pimp.gif

i'll take it back even further...UCLA Baron before his 1st knee injury was even more explosive.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Yea that year in Charlotte, maybe it was NO. Not sure, when Baron was the MVP of the first half of the season.
i remember that, i was hyping him up to all my friends. he was getting triple doubles and tons of assists.

Steve Francis was just not that good of a pg, more of a hybrid guard. plus he dribble the air of the ball and keeps getting placed on teams that had adeveloping center

Yea I remember back in the day when Swann was a freshman there was a lot of hype surrounding him. It never seemed like he lived up to it.

Who else used to be up there? Miskiri, Tony Skinn.........?

zeke played in my church league when he went to mcgruder for them first two or three years. t (plays in france now) used to play at my old high school, takomaacademy along wit "jewish jordan (who was TERRIBLE against good comp)" and i don't know who miskiri is by name

t used to make cameos on my church league varsity team cause all them went to ta but was never really on the joint. mike beasley used to play for another teamwhen i was on varsity and he was a youngin. he wasn't good though

seventh-day adventist metro area church league ftw! (well not anymore, it slums now lol)

and i remember zeke on sportscenter this one time when he BANGED on somebody bad when he was at florida state but you're right, he really didn't liveup to the hype. him tearing his acl his senior year when he was avg like 16+ a game didn't help either
tired.gif

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

Still waiting on someone to name a PG w/ a better highlight mix...Baron would probably be the only one who can match steve highlight for highlight.
Depends on what you look for... as for me..

J will.
Kidd
Nash
PENNY (yeah __... he counts
grin.gif
)
Gilbert (__s be sleep
smh.gif
)
You can't be serious with this list. Has Kidd, Nash, JWill, or Gilbert yammed it on some centers on a consistant basis?
no, but they have had plenty of other exciting plays that Franchise never pulled off.

you said most exciting, not most athletic.

Tim Hardaway was pretty exciting in the Run T-M-C days. He definitely had the cross-over part down, and I did see him dunk a couple times, but lobs and blocks-- not so much.

Let's not forget about Kevin Johnson either. His dunk on Hakeem alone should get him honorable mention.

Still, given the way OP has defined "exciting," I probably would have to, reluctantly, go with Francis.

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

Yea I remember back in the day when Swann was a freshman there was a lot of hype surrounding him. It never seemed like he lived up to it.

Who else used to be up there? Miskiri, Tony Skinn.........?

zeke played in my church league when he went to mcgruder for them first two or three years. t (plays in france now) used to play at my old high school, takoma academy along wit "jewish jordan (who was TERRIBLE against good comp)" and i don't know who miskiri is by name

t used to make cameos on my church league varsity team cause all them went to ta but was never really on the joint. mike beasley used to play for another team when i was on varsity and he was a youngin. he wasn't good though

seventh-day adventist metro area church league ftw! (well not anymore, it slums now lol)

and i remember zeke on sportscenter this one time when he BANGED on somebody bad when he was at florida state but you're right, he really didn't live up to the hype. him tearing his acl his senior year when he was avg like 16+ a game didn't help either
tired.gif
i was a big fan of swann. sucks that he couldnt medical redshirt his senior year, it was like 3 games into the season.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Still waiting on someone to name a PG w/ a better highlight mix...Baron would probably be the only one who can match steve highlight for highlight.
Depends on what you look for... as for me..

J will.
Kidd
Nash
PENNY (yeah __... he counts
grin.gif
)
Gilbert (__s be sleep
smh.gif
)
You can't be serious with this list. Has Kidd, Nash, JWill, or Gilbert yammed it on some centers on a consistant basis?

What the #+!% dude, are you dense?

OP was waaay too specific with his specifications. When you put it the way he did, there's not gunna be any point guards who challenge Francis. If he hadsaid, "Was there a more exciting little man to ever play in the NBA? Talkin lobs, assists, dunks,crossovers" then I would put AI, no question. If he had just asked for an exciting point guard period and let people decide what exciting is, then thismight be a better discussion.

I tell you what though. Give Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook time and they should surpass Francis based on OP's criteria. And they will be betterplayers too.

Originally Posted by amel223

OP was waaay too specific with his specifications. When you put it the way he did, there's not gunna be any point guards who challenge Francis. If he had said, "Was there a more exciting little man to ever play in the NBA? Talkin lobs, assists, dunks, crossovers" then I would put AI, no question. If he had just asked for an exciting point guard period and let people decide what exciting is, then this might be a better discussion.

I tell you what though. Give Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook time and they should surpass Francis based on OP's criteria. And they will be better players too.
Rose maybe, Westbrook NO. Westbrook doesn't have the ball handling wizardry........

OP was waaay too specific with his specifications. When you put it the way he did, there's not gunna be any point guards who challenge Francis. If he had said, "Was there a more exciting little man to ever play in the NBA? Talkin lobs, assists, dunks, crossovers" then I would put AI, no question. If he had just asked for an exciting point guard period and let people decide what exciting is, then this might be a better discussion.

I tell you what though. Give Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook time and they should surpass Francis based on OP's criteria. And they will be better players too.
i'm not saying they wont...but people are quick to forget franchise was one of the few players in NBA history to avg 20, 6 and 6 for multipleseasons..

plus d rose uses his 40 inch vert for power finger rolls...(except on barbosa)

LOL no way Magic was the most exciting player. Yea he's the greatest pg, but come on now.

He could pass well though.

i'm not saying they wont...but people are quick to forget franchise was one of the few players in NBA history to avg 20, 6 and 6 for multiple seasons..

plus d rose uses his 40 inch vert for power finger rolls...

Wow, I never knew that about Francis. It makes the end of his career even more disappointing.

And yeaaaaa I'll admit D Rose does tend to finish with layups.

I'm sorry but Baron isn't seeing Steve.

Steve was way more athletic, and he was more fancy.

Steve was known for his style.

Most exciting?... No.

Steve was one of my favorites in his prime, but for every dunk, crossover and amazing play in that highlight there are about 100 turnovers and travelingviolations.

Most athletic?... No.

2 words... NATE ROBINSON.

One another note, WHY exactly isn't he in the league anymore?
It's just crazy what has become of guys like Marbury, Franchise and to a lesser extent Iverson. They're all pretty much the same age (31-33) and"should" still be tearing up the league.

Oh well...

Just wanted to bump this because I was watching some Franchise highlights last night Pre-THanksgiving. This dude was really something else. I wish all of youcould have been at G-Town in the summer of 98 to see him scorch Joe Forte at the Kenner League. That is when everyone became HIP. Much like Iverson did beforehis freshman year

im surprised i never saw this thread. thanks for bumpin it
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and in the early 2ks, yes he was. franchise+mobley on the same team was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

these dudes always got shipped out together was well.

Back
Top Bottom