Was Steve Francis the most exciting PG to ever play in the NBA? (VID)

I'm really trying to figure out how Magic Johnson even fits into this conversation given the stated criteria, because in my opinion he doesn't.

Magic in his prime was a little before my time (I'm 30 now), but he never struck me as a "OOOOOOOOOHWEEEEE" kind of player, "Showtime"or not.

I'd still put Baron Davis a notch or two above Steve Francis, though. Baron was just as exciting but is and was even more of a true point guard than Stevewas.

He's exciting not only for what he could do with the ball, but with what he could get others to do as well.

Oh, and if we're talking strictly "I can't wait to see what he does next" type of exciting, Jason Williams as a Sacramento King, hands down.

^cosign on white choco.
baron's explosiveness was def. great to watch, but i still wouldnt put him over stevie.

I don't know man. Baron is way more likely to get you out of your seat because of a pass than Steve.
They both yank the hell out of folks. I prefer Baron's power dribbling style than Steve's shifty dribbling style.
Dunking on folks, I have to go with Baron. Again, brings a more powerful approach.

Can go either way man.

Stone COld vs the Rock type situation

Originally Posted by youngcheezy

(yawns)

as far as higlight mixes go

Jason Richardson owns it

[h3]Re: Was Steve Francis the most exciting PG to ever play in the NBA? (VID)[/h3]

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

NO, I'm not saying he's the best. But name another PG w/ a better highlight package of crossovers, dunks, blocks and could catch lops like a PF.

Re: Was Steve Francis the most exciting PG to ever play in the NBA? (VID)
you see how that is a contradiction ?

just chill with these thread titles. obviously, NO, he is not the best, but he sure was ONE of the best during his time. smh @ his falling from grace
smh.gif

when I think of francis, russell westbrook always come to mind. I have a feeling that they will be similar. Exciting play, high turnovers, and athletic.

some of you guys must be on that

saying jwill, kidd, nash and them are more exciting. you atleast have to dunk

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

when I think of francis, russell westbrook always come to mind. I have a feeling that they will be similar. Exciting play, high turnovers, and athletic.

not even close to the same type of player or the same type of game

Without a doubt. He was one of my favorite players a few years back. Too bad son's career ended the way it did
smh.gif

westbrook and francis same type of game? bhz, you slackin bro.
and saying jwill is somewhat comparable for the most exciting isnt a reach.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

not even close to the same type of player or the same type of game
they do have a similar game when it comes to their athletic ability, quickness with the ball, etc. westbrook isn't a crossover machine likefrancis, but i see them having similar careers. westbrook ceiling will probably be similar to the type of numbers francis put up, but the fact that he turnsthe ball over so much will make his play on the court bittersweet at times. i don't see his turnovers decreasing just like francis who averaged 3.5tpg forhis career. their shooting percentages will also be similar for the most part.

and westbrook will be a better defender as well.

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Damn.

Have you ever heard of Magic Johnson?

/thread.
Damn.

Did your read the 1st two sentences?

damn did you realize you only HAD two sentences. fail

but when Rudy T put the ball in his hands and let him play he was a monster...6'3" PG crossing cats over and coming down the lane banging on 7 footers
pimp.gif

well, the day he started banging Cuttino's ___ was the day when he fell off.

Originally Posted by Pig Love

Pete Maravich

#1 most exciting PG

Unbelievable nobody mentioned him
Maybe because most of us aren't old enough to of watched him?

Steve Francis defitnely wasnt the most exciting point guard.

I cant even think of the name, but i know a couple that are more exiting than Francis.

But Franchise was defitnely one of my favorite players.

It so,so,so sad how he can't make it in the NBA anymore, i wonder what the fallout was about..

Back
Top Bottom