Washington State teen beaten, robbed in shoe sale gone wrong

you can tell who the resellers are in this thread.

not gonna say anything more

like it matters... no ones opinion on here doesn't matter to anyone.

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

Originally Posted by Gry60

heatking wrote:
Reselling shoes is no different then, Scalping tickets to concerts/sports events, drug dealing small amounts of work, buying up collectors edition video games to resell etc etc list goes on, thats all bum shi* . if you do any of this^ to pay bils you are a bum in my books. Anything with RESELL is bum sh** plain and simple man. 
I suppose that doesn't apply to Foot Locker Inc and Blue Ribbon Sports in your book, does it? 

Why would it? Reselling is buying at or from retail and selling for more. Those company's do not sell for more then retail so they can't be considered resellers.
They don't sell for more than retail because they set the retail price, and they adjust it depending on the demand. And yes they (at least FL) are resellers because they buy shoes at wholesale prices to resell at 2x the amount they paid for them. 
BTW, BRS is what Nike used to be before Mr Knight and Bowerman came up with the waffle sole. As BRS, they used to buy Onitsuka Tiger running shoes from Japan in order to resell them at track and field meets out of ... Mr Knight's trunk. 

Kinda like what that kid was doing. 

when a hobby turns into a hustle you gonna have to approach it like a hustle and not just a hobby...

boy in story didn't do that... case in point.

Should of met up with dudes at kfc, its scientificaly proven that the aroma of that chicken grease can calm a vigilant of the law. I know first hand because i sold my infrareds to some dude at kfc and when he smelt the aroma he pulled a monterey jack. his mustache twirled and he was like chi chi chicken and he gave me more than i offered.

Whenever I do craigslist meet ups, I have the person meet me in the middle of the mall and I never go alone. If you're going to rob me in the middle of the mall where there are a bunch of witnesses and cameras, by all means do so. You obviously need them more than me at that point.

I would think its common sense to do meet ups in a busy public place especially when you hear on the news how people get hurt when it comes to certain shoes. Me personally, I would only do a meetup at a police station.

Damn, I just did a meet-up today, sucks that this dude got caught up.

But like people said in here before, you have to be smart when meeting a stranger for a business transaction.

whenever i do meetups its always in very busy areas. last time dude said he was in the parking lot by the nordstrom and i just said idk where thats at meet me in the movie theater.
if the dude is to lazy to get out of his car than he obviously doesn't need/want to sell or buy the item like he says.
the kid got got. it was going to happen sooner or later for him, he's lucky he only got stomped.

I just like how he put in his initials because he didn't want his identity to be shown but they posted up his photograph and his girlfriend's full legal name 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Hermosa Beach

I glad he get robbed, and I hope this become a trend to teach reseller lesson that hoarding shoe from honest collector will no longer be tolerated. when reseller buy shoe he stealing from collector who wants shoe to WEAR and causing problem in sneaker community.

get a real job scum reseller.
d6b35c88e331bc2e3ffe9e0df8908a55380bc41.gif

the sneaker community needs to start policing themselves and letting resellers know their not allowed at releases.

when the sneaker community comes together this reseller problem finally will be fixed.

the resellers that got jumped in mall parking lots in arizona during the concord release that were trying to hoard sneakers would beg to differ.

Someone should ps his photo and caption "when reselling goes wrong"

But real talk... Violence is never ok

Originally Posted by Hermosa Beach

the sneaker community needs to start policing themselves and letting resellers know their not allowed at releases.

when the sneaker community comes together this reseller problem finally will be fixed.
we live in  the USA child.  so other customers are going to dictate who is allowed to legitimately buy a product from a vendor?

Authoritarian Iran is that way.

some of you guys are just too much.  like i said before, you guys are just butthurt.

Originally Posted by heatking

you want to find a way to make money, get a job. thats what i got. Aint no bills not gonna get paid if a sneaker release doesn't happen this month for me. i dont know about you but a lot of people here actually collect shoes and have a passion for their sneakers and collecting them. People like this are taking away from people who actually collect the shoes and have a love for them. im sure the people who robbed him weren't collectors but they probably weren't up early waiting in line for a pair either.
Reselling shoes is no different then, Scalping tickets to concerts/sports events, drug dealing small amounts of work, buying up collectors edition video games to resell etc etc list goes on, thats all bum shi* . if you do any of this^ to pay bils you are a bum in my books. Anything with RESELL is bum sh** plain and simple man.

get a real job, get real money pay your bills that way.

If you can't get a job goto your local unemployment office and do day labor.

now if you just selling a pair to pay for your pair or whatever that not as bad. but when you bringing your grandma's, cousins, nephews, new born babys plus 10 friends to sneaker releases so you can pay rent and buy diapers or whatever your bills consist of YOU ARE A BUM!

i dont know how your job is any more or less legitimate than this kids "job".  You're right.  Reselling shoes is not much different than reselling event tickets, collectors edition video games, or any other low supply high demand item.  It is NOT the same as drug dealing though.  Why?  One is is a legal/legit way to make money, the other isnt.

You want to blame somebody, blame Nike for not going GR on every shoe across the board so that there is no need for resellers.  Unfortunately if it did that, the "game" would fall flat on its face and be D.O.A.  If stuff wasnt limited and hyped up, I guarantee half of these so called collectors or sneakerheads wouldnt be buying.

I dont resell, but I dont have a problem with it.  Like HamCity mentioned, its just a matter of supply and demand.  Like any other product with limited supply and high demand, there will always be a secondary market for it.  So be it.  If there is a limited release pair of sneakers I really want, I will pay a premium for them.  I did what you (heatking) are asking others to do.  I went out and got a job, and this job allows me to have money to spend on shoes that I want without having to waste a week of my life sleeping on a goddamn sidewalk.

not butthurt, im glad someone is doing something to fix this reseller problem.

the shoes retail for $150 not triple then that.

dude tried to be slick androm caught a beatdown and lost his shoes and im glad it happened. i hope more people do this and win ebay auctions from resellers and not pay while leaving them negative feedback so that the risks aren't worth the reward.

if i miss out on a pair of shoes and a reseller bought mutliples there's going to be problems because me and my parteners are about that life.

Back
Top Bottom