Watching Tim Lincecum pitch....

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

he'll be a met in 7 years

sick.gif

Yankees, Red Sox, Mets always want to buy up everyone.

Tim Lincecum is a my favorite pitcher he is straight up filthy and can throw a mean fastball

Seriously... you guys have all the money in the world and have the ability to make offers to anybody you guys want...

Let us have Lincecum...

wrong buddy Lincecum is the real deal.
and Kershaw isnt?? Lincecum maybe better now because he has mad more experience in the majors, but i GUARANTEE if not at the end of this season,then next season, and for the rest of their careers Kershaw will be better than Lincecum

Originally Posted by commodity05

wrong buddy Lincecum is the real deal.
and Kershaw isnt?? Lincecum maybe better now because he has mad more experience in the majors, but i GUARANTEE if not at the end of this season, then next season, and for the rest of their careers Kershaw will be better than Lincecum

3/4ths of a season is mad experience now a days?

When Kershaw gets that ERA below 3 come talk to me. I know he's only had a few starts so I'm half kidding, but you're talking like Lincecum is aseasoned vet.

Originally Posted by atljunkie

sick.gif
dude is filthy good.
NL cy young

He may be second or third in voting right now, but Brandon Webb has to fall off first. Can't forget about Edinson Volquez.

We would have Lincecum signed for life if we could find away around Zito

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

ahh what the Giants' pitching rotation had they never traded or AJ "Double Play" Pierzynski...what a shame...and a waste.

Could've been...

Francisco Liriano
Matt Cain
Tim Lincecum
Jonathan Sanchez
and....no Zito.

and Joe Nathan in the bullpen.

boof bonser too
laugh.gif

And to think Sabean was thinking about trading him this offseason for Alex Rios. Thank God that didn't happen.

Hitting bongs with Tim Lincecum
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

long story short, visited my boy who goes to Wash U the weekend of 4/20..i'm pretty sure he had pitched that sunday against the cards, if i remembercorrectly he was dealing as well and shut down the cards. he came to my boys frat house that night to visit someone he knew and being it was 4/20 everyone wassmoking in the house, L's everywhere and a 2 foot Roor. Lincecum comes through and just chills with us for a legit sesh - like 45 minutes of burnin and hechilled for a minute. dude is cool too he said barry zito blows mad trees...also said bbonds was misunderstood. just a real chill dude basically, not big atall either and when we were just all chillin he just blended in kinda

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

he's a cheater.

explain

look at his back foot, it's at least a foot off the rubber when he delivers and the ball is still in his hand. that can be an advantage to a high velocity guy. doesn't really work in his favor too much being that he's only like 5'10" or whatever, but it can be a big advantage if someone like Randy Johnson was doing it.

not really a big deal, i've only seen the game stopped for that reason once and that was when that southpaw sidewinder who used to pitch for the A's was doing the same thing. he may still be there, can't remember his name.

i've only watched one game that he's pitched and didn't really notice it at all, but seeing that vid and .gif, it appears he does it all the time.
I would LOVE to know your explanation as to why that could be an advantage to a pitcher. Please......
Originally Posted by commodity05

Kershaw > Lincecum
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by RuffRydya08

Hitting bongs with Tim Lincecum
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

long story short, visited my boy who goes to Wash U the weekend of 4/20..i'm pretty sure he had pitched that sunday against the cards, if i remember correctly he was dealing as well and shut down the cards. he came to my boys frat house that night to visit someone he knew and being it was 4/20 everyone was smoking in the house, L's everywhere and a 2 foot Roor. Lincecum comes through and just chills with us for a legit sesh - like 45 minutes of burnin and he chilled for a minute. dude is cool too he said barry zito blows mad trees...also said bbonds was misunderstood. just a real chill dude basically, not big at all either and when we were just all chillin he just blended in kinda

Nice...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

look at his back foot, it's at least a foot off the rubber when he delivers and the ball is still in his hand. that can be an advantage to a high velocity guy. doesn't really work in his favor too much being that he's only like 5'10" or whatever, but it can be a big advantage if someone like Randy Johnson was doing it.

not really a big deal, i've only seen the game stopped for that reason once and that was when that southpaw sidewinder who used to pitch for the A's was doing the same thing. he may still be there, can't remember his name.

i've only watched one game that he's pitched and didn't really notice it at all, but seeing that vid and .gif, it appears he does it all the time.
I would LOVE to know your explanation as to why that could be an advantage to a pitcher. Please......
A pitch moving at a given distance travels to its target pretty fast... we all pretty much know that already. Now if that same pitch moves at thesame speed but from a shorter distance, it'll travel to its target FASTER thus giving the batter less reaction time.

Now a foot or two doesn't seem like a lot but when the average batter's reaction time is less than a second, then it makes a significant difference.

Now I'm not sure if it's true or not whether Lincecum's backfoot is really off the rubber. I'm also unsure what the exact rule is in themajors. I thought that all pitchers use their backfoot and push off the rubber as they're releasing their pitch
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by dland24

A pitch moving at a given distance travels to its target pretty fast... we all pretty much know that already. Now if that same pitch moves at the same speed but from a shorter distance, it'll travel to its target FASTER thus giving the batter less reaction time.

Now a foot or two doesn't seem like a lot but when the average batter's reaction time is less than a second, then it makes a significant difference.

Now I'm not sure if it's true or not whether Lincecum's backfoot is really off the rubber. I'm also unsure what the exact rule is in the majors. I thought that all pitchers use their backfoot and push off the rubber as they're releasing their pitch
ohwell.gif

exactly Paul...his foot is definitely a foot from the rubber, check the .gif and vid posted earlier in this thread. and like i also said before, it'sreally not a big deal, but i have seen the game stopped for this reason, but forget the ruling.

Originally Posted by Mike Hunt 727

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

ahh what the Giants' pitching rotation had they never traded or AJ "Double Play" Pierzynski...what a shame...and a waste.

Could've been...

Francisco Liriano
Matt Cain
Tim Lincecum
Jonathan Sanchez
and....no Zito.

and Joe Nathan in the bullpen.

boof bonser too
laugh.gif

Sorry, but if we held on to Liriano and Nathan, we wouldn't have had that early pick to get Lincecum.
Keep in mind, he was only drafted 2 years agoand was "fast-tracked" to the majors..

Back
Top Bottom