WATCHMEN Movie Thread: Directors Cut is out (updated: deleted scene)

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

My library is holding it for someone else and theres over 50 requests for the 15 available in the county.
Try a used College Book Store.
Many Literature classes are either reading Watchmen or The Dark Knight Returns.
You may be able to get it for 15 or even 10 bucks.

I'm still
eek.gif
at how well they got Rorschach down.
I hope they don't deviate too much from the movie. Movies that are made from comics seem to be subpar in my opinion. Wanted is a great example.
Falcon have you read that other Alan Moore novel, I sort of forget its name but I think its called Brought to Light?

Originally Posted by NIMO007

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

My library is holding it for someone else and theres over 50 requests for the 15 available in the county.
Try a used College Book Store.
Many Literature classes are either reading Watchmen or The Dark Knight Returns.
You may be able to get it for 15 or even 10 bucks.
For that price I can get it new at Barnes and Noble/Amazon though. I'd either rent it from the library for free or buy it from Barnes andNoble since its closer.

i cant wait for this!!!
if they do as good as a job with v for vendetta its going to be amazing!!!
i hope they dont cut too much out tho!

Originally Posted by RFX45

More pics:

knottopsnf9.jpg

The Knot Top gangster on the left (in the first pic and center in the second pic) is my cousin Santo
pimp.gif

Im so hyped for this movie! like peeps said before read the novel if you haven't
its def worth it

Someone posted a link that sent texts about Watchmen posters, i need to thank that person. I have been able to get a few of the posters, and got Dr. Manhattantoday..
so whoever you are, thanks

ps, almost positive that Silk Spectre poster caused traffic jams....

Angel

Yeah I got the textes for the poster but was just unable to get them because of work.
I knew today was at the Guitar Center at Ventura but could you post which poster was given?

I've read the GN and I just don't see this movie being as good as people are expecting. Are they going to put in the pirate story? Are they going tofast forward through events? I remember reading that Alan Moore said he wrote the story to be unfilmable on purpose. This is one of the best books I have everread and there is too much in it to fit into a 2 hour movie. And as a personal opinion, a "visionary" director isn't someone who chooses to useslow motion capture in scenes where others would not
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ElVaquero87

I've read the GN and I just don't see this movie being as good as people are expecting. Are they going to put in the pirate story? Are they going to fast forward through events? I remember reading that Alan Moore said he wrote the story to be unfilmable on purpose. This is one of the best books I have ever read and there is too much in it to fit into a 2 hour movie. And as a personal opinion, a "visionary" director isn't someone who chooses to use slow motion capture in scenes where others would not
grin.gif

Well the movie is expected to be 2.5 hours at least and whatever unfilmable items are goign to release in animation form or other books I believe.
Snyder did 300 justice and page for page accurate when it comes to the comic book so I expect the same in this case.
The story is perfect as is and keeping true to that will make this movie great.

Nice Emoticons john23.

for those interested and that have a ps3, the online store has the full motion comic of the whole book. visually stunning and is the actual pages and drawingsfrom the book. have to buy it in chapters but the whole thing will run you about $24 and is def worth it

Originally Posted by jamlj13

for those interested and that have a ps3, the online store has the full motion comic of the whole book. visually stunning and is the actual pages and drawings from the book. have to buy it in chapters but the whole thing will run you about $24 and is def worth it

Thanks for the heads up, I might consider that.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by jamlj13

for those interested and that have a ps3, the online store has the full motion comic of the whole book. visually stunning and is the actual pages and drawings from the book. have to buy it in chapters but the whole thing will run you about $24 and is def worth it

Thanks for the heads up, I might consider that.

nice. Still undecided about reading it before the movie though. Since I'm not too familiar with them, I'd like to be able to watch the movie notknowing anything and then going back and reading the comic book. I'll d/l anyway though

Back
Top Bottom