Wayne in Solitary for Rest of Term

Didn't see this posted anywhere:

http://www.nydailynews.co...aking_music_equipme.html
Rapper Lil' Wayne moved to solitary confinement after he is caught with music equipment in jail
BY JOHN LAUINGER
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Originally Published:Monday, October 4th 2010, 7:18 PM
Updated: Monday, October 4th 2010, 8:09 PM

Rapper Lil Wayne was sentenced to one year in jail for having a
Lil' Wayne will now have lots of alone time on his hands after getting banished to Rikers Island's version of solitary confinement Monday, the Daily News has learned.

The rapper, jailed since March on a gun possession charge, was shipped to an isolation cell as punishment for previously getting nabbed with music-related contraband, Rikers Island sources said.

The platinum-selling star - who calls himself "Weezy" - will be confined to an isolation cell for up to 23 hours a day until his scheduled release on Nov. 4, the sources said.

Weezy won't be going near other inmates during the rare moments when he is not locked down in a so-called "punitive segregation" cell - known as "The Bing" among Rikers Island jailbirds.

"He's not in an area where he is mingling with other inmates - ever," a Correction Department source said.

Lil' Wayne, whose real name is Dwayne Carter, can blame his month-long loneliness on his love of music. Correction Department officers caught him with headphones and a charger for an MP3 player back in May.

Another inmate was found to be hiding the MP3 player itself.

Priority for punitive-segreation cells is given to inmates who commit violent infractions, so Rikers officials shipped Weezy off to The Bing when an opening became available yesterday.

Correction Department spokesman Stephen Morello confirmed Weezy's transfer to punitive segregation Monday.

Lil' Wayne was sentenced to a one-year hitch after getting caught with a loaded gun on his tour bus. He is expected to get sprung next month because his sentence was reduced for good behavior.

Hard time hasn't exactly put the freeze on Weezy's career. His ninth album - "I Am Not a Human Being" - was released digitally late last month. And someone in his entourage has been blogging for him - Rikers Island inmates are not given computer access - about his jail routine.

"I wake up around 11 a.m. Have some coffee. Call my kids, and my wonderful mother. I then shower up. Read fan mail," a recent post on weezythanxyou.com read. The blog also told about how he whiles away his time listening to ESPN radio and grabbing lunch with inmates.

But Weezy was doing all that from a single-inmate cell, where he had the freedom to mingle with other inmates between breakfast and lights-out in the evening.

He can kiss those carefree social activities goodbye until he gets off Rikers Island, the sources said. Even when he gets out of the isolation cell, he will still be segregated from all other inmates.

He will continue to get a recreation hour, but it will be a solo workout. Even if he has to see a doctor, Rikers guards will make sure he won't have contact with other jailbirds. He will get just one personal phone call a week.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

20-suttin' days left till' Hip-Hop comes back alive.

#FreeTune.

head-explodes-big-761159.jpg

#FreeTune.

?
He's been keeping hip-hop alive from Riker's!!!!

Gonorrhea, I'm Not a Human Being, that song about "being with B's like honey"!!!

INAHB > Carter and Carter II 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Futuristic

#FreeTune.

?

Gonorrhea, I'm Not a Human Being, that song about "being with B's like honey"!!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Ruff C

Originally Posted by Futuristic

#FreeTune.

?

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
This.
But Free Weezy doe.
Son finna come out completely different.

There's no way he couldn't have continued to pay the CO's to keep that stuff. This is a setup of his own doing just for us to read this. Kill it.

Originally Posted by Ruff C

Good read, so its not like he's even really doing time.

Uhh. He's on 23 hour lockdown and is only allowed one call a week now. He used to live on the phone. It's rough for him right now.

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

There's no way he couldn't have continued to pay the CO's to keep that stuff. This is a setup of his own doing just for us to read this. Kill it.

Yeah, this sounds like a scam.

laugh.gif
 at all the teeny boppers saying he'll bring hip hop back alive, sorry dude but lil wayne makes pop-hop music. he is a pop artist, hip hop doesn't want anything to do with this dude rapping about nothing.

Originally Posted by bballah3

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

Yeah, this sounds like a scam.
Anybody who thinks giving up the little freedom you have in jail for a quick scam or stunt is a damn idiot.  Seg, the hole, the bing, whatever you want to call it, is destructive to a man's morale and whole mindframe.  And for a month at that?  With none of his property?  Them 30 days are gonna feel like 6 months.

hip hop doesn't want anything to do with this dude rapping about nothing.
*slap

So having a grocery list of some of hip-hop's biggest names showing their love, visiting him, shouting him out, etc means hip-hop wants nothing to do with dude? 

Back
Top Bottom