ways to increase my vertical jump????????

idk if this belongs on here but i figured i would post anyways since its the basketball and athletic section

i really wanna be able to dunk and wanna increase my vertical jump
im 6'0'' without the ball i can hang onto the rim
but for some reason i cant get the ball into the rim

anyways anyone on here have opinions on what i can do
o techniques to try to be able to maximize my jump??

any help is greatly appreciated thanks!

also if this is the wrong section please dont flame me and direct me to where this should be posted and ill post it in the right section
o if someone can move it for me thanks!!!!!!!!!

idk if this belongs on here but i figured i would post anyways since its the basketball and athletic section

i really wanna be able to dunk and wanna increase my vertical jump
im 6'0'' without the ball i can hang onto the rim
but for some reason i cant get the ball into the rim

anyways anyone on here have opinions on what i can do
o techniques to try to be able to maximize my jump??

any help is greatly appreciated thanks!

also if this is the wrong section please dont flame me and direct me to where this should be posted and ill post it in the right section
o if someone can move it for me thanks!!!!!!!!!

airalert.jpg

jumpsoles_2.jpg

start lifting weights. squats, lunges, calves, thighs etc. air alert just messes up your knees and doesnt do !%%*

start lifting weights. squats, lunges, calves, thighs etc. air alert just messes up your knees and doesnt do !%%*

Originally Posted by Fatal Lightning

i been doing weights lightly as far as legs
and bench blahblah you knwo
what i recently have been doing is adding more weight an more reps to my calve raises
anything i can do at home???

i was watching ayoutube video that said to like put your toes on a raised thing such as a step
and pull yourself up with just the tips of your toes anyone on here done that?

Originally Posted by Fatal Lightning

i been doing weights lightly as far as legs
and bench blahblah you knwo
what i recently have been doing is adding more weight an more reps to my calve raises
anything i can do at home???

i was watching ayoutube video that said to like put your toes on a raised thing such as a step
and pull yourself up with just the tips of your toes anyone on here done that?

Calf raises are cool,but squats are what you want to be doing if you want to increase your vertical.

Squat, squat, squat.

Squat.

Squat.

Seriously.

Calf raises are cool,but squats are what you want to be doing if you want to increase your vertical.

Squat, squat, squat.

Squat.

Squat.

Seriously.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Squat, squat, squat.

Squat.

Squat.

Seriously.

so just mainly squat
with how much weight??
should i be maxing out when i do squats??

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Squat, squat, squat.

Squat.

Squat.

Seriously.

so just mainly squat
with how much weight??
should i be maxing out when i do squats??

The jumpsoles helped my vertical about 8 inches
I am 5'5 and could grab a 10 foot rim,couldnt gain anymore vertical to be able to dunk so i gave up and lost everything.
I jumpsoled,did squats with weights,ran a lot,did a lot of calf raises,and built some good upper body strength to give me that extra push in the air.
Also work out your back muscles.

The jumpsoles helped my vertical about 8 inches
I am 5'5 and could grab a 10 foot rim,couldnt gain anymore vertical to be able to dunk so i gave up and lost everything.
I jumpsoled,did squats with weights,ran a lot,did a lot of calf raises,and built some good upper body strength to give me that extra push in the air.
Also work out your back muscles.

Core, and lower back muscles are very important too. Try sprints in a swimming pool, and jumping, eventually trying to jump out of a swimming pool.

Back
Top Bottom