WDYWT JULY 2009- summer madness-DO NOT QUOTE PICS!!!!!!

369523340.jpg

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!
Originally Posted by King Sole

Oh snap Ant, tell me the food wasn't the illest ever. Did you oreder or mess with the buffet? How long was the line? When me and wifey went we hat to wait 9 hrs, lol so we ended up going to Uncle Bubbas too. Oh there is a ma and pa shop around the corner, they had OG's when I went for stupid cheap - - you check it out by any chance?

Food was hella good. See we went twice.
laugh.gif
... We had like 3 hour wait times. Wish I knew about that Ma and Pa shop. But I'll be back down there sooner than later. Didn't even get a chance to hit up Bubba's. How was it?

DF!!!
Uncle Bubba's was really good and the best part is that it is different. I am not a seafood person but they have excellent seafood. If youever go back to uncle Bubba's try the char grilled oysters (or something like that). I think I gained 10 pounds that day lol.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

how you liking those trainers mayhemgatz?
ohwell.gif
......i definitely don't like the creasing on the sides(the medial side on my pair creased something terrible
indifferent.gif
), got me annoyed pretty quickly but not because of how they looked but how it felt with each step(u mentioned it in ur write up about 'em in the retro forum thread about the package). not to mention they're also a lil snug for them to be a size 12, felt like i was wearing a 11.5. those are my only real gripes about 'em, i'm hoping it's just the quality of the new trainers from that legacy package and not all the new trainer 1's cause i wanna get some of the other colorways too.

theres atleast 3 other colorways out there that DO NOT have a shiny upper. ie the BROY and the APETE PE's, and a black/white swoosh pair from NDC. those have syn. nubuck/suede siding.. that may be the way to go. some other cws appear to have white siding.. who knows what material that is.

also, the toebox should soften up as well the other grey syn. suede areas. my other trainers with those materials have finally softened to a point im not mad about wearing them.. after a few weeks it should feel right at home. like breaking in a new baseball glove. I have no long term first hand experience with the shiny grey upper so itll be interesting how it will hold up. I did my report after a few steps as it was felt instantly.. Did it crease right around the front swoosh area on both sides? its hard to explain but the material pops and moves and shifts around..
laugh.gif
The broy,apete PE material should actually crease normally unlike this stuff.

by all accounts from the designers, the shoe is using the 'strongest' and 'lightest' materials around. but we all know what that subliminally means
yea it definitely did! the top of the shoe also flexed outward as well with every step, i'd probably have to choke my laces at the top to stopthat from happening. i did see the black/white colorway, might cop eventually cause i am definitely curious to see how the nubuck pairs are. i hope they breakin well cause they are comfy overall. wouldn't mind a pair of those zoom trainer 1's tho
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom