We Need To Talk About Shyne....

fa55db02662411e1a87612313804ec91_7.jpg

cassie-shyne.jpg

shyne.jpg

5495370601_d51264dc38.jpg

Shyne-1211_304.jpg

When was the last time you saw a life-change this dramatic within the entertainment industry?

he's signed to Cash Money; everyone finds religion once they get in trouble

it won't last if he tastes a little bit of fame again...let's be real

Originally Posted by StillIn729

and you know it wont last how?

have you ever heard of a guy named Malcolm X?

I was just watching the "Bad Boyz" and "Bonnie & Shyne" videos, you're a wizard. 
eek.gif

Very true, but in times of conflict and trouble many people realize they aren't in control of their lives the way they assumed they were...

...one of those "get knocked down only to look up" kinda deals, but that's honestly a totally different conversation.

But as far as Shyne, it wasn't like he just picked this up overnight all willy nilly - I've never walked in the man's shoes so far be it from me to judge, but I am curious as to the how/why...

...the son of a political figure who later came out of Brooklyn as one of the best rappers ever on Bad Boy, let off in the club at a BMF affiliate, served damn near a decade taking the wrap for a hip hop mogul, and comes out as totally changed man (from religion to voice)?

Conversation and stories for days...

Ima let him rock but he needs to stay away from that +$@!% Diddy. I don't think there is anything wrong with a man finding religion if he needs/needed it in his life.

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

yes Shyne is the next Malcolm X 
laugh.gif

you have one of the highest sodium contents on this board my dude
laugh.gif

y u always comin at somebody? from one nittany lion to another, lower ur hostility levels brethren, youll live longer

edit: as far as the subject at hand... Shyne is a legit changed man... reformed

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

yes Shyne is the next Malcolm X 
laugh.gif
did I say he was? I was obviously comparing the religious journey that both of them have gone thru during incarceration

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

you have one of the highest sodium contents on this board my dude
laugh.gif

y u always comin at somebody? from one nittany lion to another, lower ur hostility levels brethren, youll live longer

edit: as far as the subject at hand... Shyne is a legit changed man... reformed

who am I coming at?  because I have an opinion on a matter that makes me salty?
let me use Mase as an example; the old humble preacher tried to make a comeback as a clean rapper than he starts popping up on mixtapes as Murda Mase

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

Do someone elses 10 year bid..see how you come out

Good point...
...like I said, I'm not here to judge the guy - I'm just fascinated by the story.

On some, "wait................................................................................what?"

I hope Diddy did right by Shyne while he was in there. We all know he is a greedy man.

Originally Posted by ConcordeFliteSchool

interesting post, i thought he got deported? is he still in the US?

Yes...
...he actually did get deported.

Shyne-ing in Jerusalem: How One Rapper Saw the Light and Moved to Ultra-Orthodox Judaism

shyne.jpg

Doing his time for firing that pistol in the nightclub with Puff Daddy and J. Lo a dozen years ago, the rapper known as Shyne experienced a jailhouse religious awakening.  The faith he says changed his life involved embracing his heritage as a black man, forswearing destructive behaviors, covering his head and taking a new name. Yet it had nothing to do with the Nation of Islam.  The former Jamal Michael Barrow, a.k.a. Shyne, a.k.a. Shyne Poloeniut, now answers to Moshe Levi.  He spends his days studying Torah and striding through the Old City of Jerusalem in the long tailored coats favored by Hasidic Jews, sidelocks a-bob and a rabbi’s lecture booming on his iPad.

“An African in America who’s pretty famous in African-American culture, you would think would be drawn to Islam, or maybe Christianity,

Back
Top Bottom