"We put this on female dogs like you" straight guts

Came across this clip of Beyond Scared Straight and the way the inmate treated the wannabe white tough kid had me
roll.gif
. I def need to start watching this show more often.

i dont watch this show, but i saw a clip from it on WSHH where they brought all the kids in a room and threatened to rape them.. son i was
laugh.gif

The OG scared straight show was crazy. I still remember they had some skinny white kid hold some dude's pocket inside out like a dog and he just walked back and forth while the kid followed. But for some reason, I feel like these scare tactics do nothing but get kids more angry then they already are. To bully a kid with another bully seems pointless.

Man, has anyone ever got hit on the show? They need to take the kids to Death Row, where the inmates are FINISHED, to film this. They're already done for so they can't get MORE time added for assaulting the teenies. If I was ever on that show, I'd be like "yea..yea? yea, iight." for the simple fact i know they can't touch me.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

The OG scared straight show was crazy. I still remember they had some skinny white kid hold some dude's pocket inside out like a dog and he just walked back and forth while the kid followed. But for some reason, I feel like these scare tactics do nothing but get kids more angry then they already are. To bully a kid with another bully seems pointless.
Yeah.  It makes for entertaining television, but at the expense of the kids involved.  I don't know much about child psychology so perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm guessing this sort of intimidation and shame on cable television is going to cause these kids to act out even more strongly.  Relates to the whole bullies were bullied before they came bullies idea.
Anyone have statistics on the effectiveness of this show's program?

I think there's definitely a place for more boot camp style programs, but not this blatant harassment.

Originally Posted by timbo109

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Yeah.  It makes for entertaining television, but at the expense of the kids involved.  I don't know much about child psychology so perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm guessing this sort of intimidation and shame on cable television is going to cause these kids to act out even more strongly.  Relates to the whole bullies were bullied before they came bullies idea.
Anyone have statistics on the effectiveness of this show's program?

I think there's definitely a place for more boot camp style programs, but not this blatant harassment.
These kids are already in a bad place. They are going down that road. It might not help but it cant hurt.

this was similar to a true life episode on mtv back a couple of years
back when mtv used to show some true life uncensored
devil.gif

this had me rolling a lil
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom