We run streets like drunks run street-lights...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

If we stay strong, we can get paper longer than Pippen's arms.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Tuff G0ng

Originally Posted by turbo DEFENSE

Lost 92 bricks, Had to fall back...Knocked a N' off his feet, But I crawled back...Had A-1 credit, Got more crack...From the 1st to the 5th, Gave it ALL back.
I never got the second part of this line can someone care to elaborate. I know jay is saying he lost mad coke set him back re upped slowly etc. But what does the A1 credit etc mean

His money would always be straight with the dudes he was getting coke from on consignment, therefore his connect saw it as nothing and set him up with more supply to make up for what he lost.

Exactly.

I had to explain this to one of my dudes a while ago. Dude was like 'Man, this _ Jay lying. If he woulda lost all those bricks, _'s would have had him MURKED'.

I was like 'What sense does that make. That's %*#$#%# up everybody money. Plus, dead men can't pay debts back. If Jay was moving weight like he said he was, then he was good w/ his supplier and the supplier would have known that Jay would've been able to make that money back and they would break even. There is no sense in killing a dude who was given 92 bricks. That means he been getting it in HEAVY for a while and he's good at what he's doing..."

And he paid the connect back in unprecedented time...From the 1st to the 5th?

Oooowheee challie...
laugh.gif
eek.gif

If true, He was a bad ma'fcka wit the coke.

That's an understatement my dude. Dude must've been a Wizard w/ the white. But, I mean, its plausible depending on how much money he had stashedaway. He coulda had some sort of mean @#+ stash...You know he said he "Came in the game 100 grand strong, 9 to be exact,from grinding g-packs", So one would assume that he kept a nice little stash. If you take that money + the money he made when his supplier frontedhim again after he lost the bricks, then its not too far fetched that he paid him back in 5 days. But I dunno, you know how rappers like toexaggerate.....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

We Can Get Paper Longer Than Pippens Arms <>
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i always wondered about the 92 Bricks line. dude musta been NICE to not get left

I do respect the fact that he was heavy in the game but a lot of what he says does seem like gross exaggeration. You know how people can tell a story andjust use artistic license to stretch details for emphasis. It may even just be the fact that it wasn't all his life. I just kinda don't believepeople without personally seeing things...Not that it's impossible, I do the same thing to pretty much every rapper. Some of my favorite songs, Idon't believe the rapper is even being truthful about his life at all.

i always took 1st to the 5th as: ie - may 1st to june 5th...meaning 3 separate pay periods in the hood (1st - 15th - 1st again)

instead of 1st to the 5th in the same month

mmm mmm mmm....Classic Song..
eek.gif
.Excellent Sample..
eek.gif
..Superb Lyrics..
eek.gif

never,never,never,never,never.......CHANGE!!!!

Highly Respected
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by chozin87

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

We Can Get Paper Longer Than Pippens Arms <>
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i always wondered about the 92 Bricks line. dude musta been NICE to not get left

I do respect the fact that he was heavy in the game but a lot of what he says does seem like gross exaggeration. You know how people can tell a story and just use artistic license to stretch details for emphasis. It may even just be the fact that it wasn't all his life. I just kinda don't believe people without personally seeing things...Not that it's impossible, I do the same thing to pretty much every rapper. Some of my favorite songs, I don't believe the rapper is even being truthful about his life at all.
i dont believe peeps etther.......

what i want to know is..
folks say Jay claims to be "this or that" some king pin, frank lucas etc etc
besides this line, where do folks get that assumption? post lines.

He's frontin . .. He was talkin about "I used to move snowflakes by the OZ" . . . If you was movin OZs who's the dude that was hittin you offwith 92 BRICKS?? That's a huge jump . . . I doubt he was bubblin like that, that's quite major, if you get hit off with 92 bricks, lose them forwhatever reasoon (I'm sure that has to be a entertaining story in its self) then you're back on your feet THAT fast?? @@!@ Azie wasn't gettin emoff THAT fast . . . He maybe had 9 OR 2 bricks, not 92 . . . No way . . . I'm not buyin that for One Minute . . . And this is what early 90s I'dimagine, cause he came in the "game" in the 80s, so he had to be well established to be gettin hit off with over 50 . . .

Klien prolly was gettin my the flock like that, not Jay tho . . .

That's more realistic . . . I can see Klein gettin hit off like that, and maybe Jay was in charge of a certain amount . . .

It is 92 split 3 ways, between Brooklyn, Trenton, and VA . . . So who knows . . . It makes sense mathematically if he was splittin it between the 3 . . . Causehe could've got off 5-10 to a few crews in each spot . . . 2 weeks later back on and so on . . .

I guess we'll never know, but with the info alone it sounds like a stretch . . . But then again there was cats being hit off with 70+, just local stars . .. Cats the public will never know about.

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

He's frontin . .. He was talkin about "I used to move snowflakes by the OZ" . . . If you was movin OZs who's the dude that was hittin you off with 92 BRICKS?? That's a huge jump . . . I doubt he was bubblin like that, that's quite major, if you get hit off with 92 bricks, lose them for whatever reasoon (I'm sure that has to be a entertaining story in its self) then you're back on your feet THAT fast?? @@!@ Azie wasn't gettin em off THAT fast . . . He maybe had 9 OR 2 bricks, not 92 . . . No way . . . I'm not buyin that for One Minute . . . And this is what early 90s I'd imagine, cause he came in the "game" in the 80s, so he had to be well established to be gettin hit off with over 50 . . .

Brah we all know Jay was not moving any weight but it's a great song. He is a story teller, like Stephen King.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

He's frontin . .. He was talkin about "I used to move snowflakes by the OZ" . . . If you was movin OZs who's the dude that was hittin you off with 92 BRICKS?? That's a huge jump . . . I doubt he was bubblin like that, that's quite major, if you get hit off with 92 bricks, lose them for whatever reasoon (I'm sure that has to be a entertaining story in its self) then you're back on your feet THAT fast?? @@!@ Azie wasn't gettin em off THAT fast . . . He maybe had 9 OR 2 bricks, not 92 . . . No way . . . I'm not buyin that for One Minute . . . And this is what early 90s I'd imagine, cause he came in the "game" in the 80s, so he had to be well established to be gettin hit off with over 50 . . .

Brah we all know Jay was not moving any weight but it's a great song. He is a story teller, like Stephen King.
pimp.gif

I'm pretty sure Jay was moving weight....Maybe not 92 bricks at a time....But, he was doing a lil something. _'s vouched for Jay...

that _ aint lose no 92 bricks. i wont deny he moved weight, cuz its pretty obvious with people that vouch and all tha other logistics, but 92 bricks? nosiree bob.

but like someone said, rappers use a lot of exaggeration. its a great song nonetheless, but me and my _s always start stalefacing the track for like 1.5 secswhen he say that 92 brick line
laugh.gif

word...that's all I'm sayin is that Jay-Z aint lose 92 bricks...he has the nerve to say this is before rap, this is all fact after that.

Well maybe he did and that's how he was tryna run Def Jam...I'm sure he dropped more than his fair share of bricks there...

(I know it wasn't all his fault at Def Jam, don't bombard me with reasons why Jay-Z is the best exec ever, thanks)

The 92 bricks may have been Memph Bleek's catalog . . .

But I'm listenin to Blueprint right now . . . Sittin here readin yall *$** and jus messed around and listened to "Hola Hovito"
eek.gif
laugh.gif
. . .

That's a tall tale tho . . . He aint have to say 92 . . . He could've said 22

To add insult to injury the *$** dropped on 9/11 . . . Coke prices was outta control for a while . . . "For 35 a gram, how the +!!+ I'm supposed toblow up?"
smh.gif

Classic song no doubt.

But people in here analyzing dude's lyrics like its a math problem on a test, doin in depth research and all that, come on now. Hov can rap his **! off,but stop with all this talk about his lyrics like it's real life.

Maybe he lost the bricks during the year 1992....

I don't know.
nerd.gif

EDIT: LMAO at Nimley
The 92 bricks may have been Memph Bleek's catalog . . .
He meant to distribute his cd for free throughout the hood as promotion but lost em.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom