wearing og PEACE RAIDS from 93

I would say no because the shoes are made similar to the air jordan 8 and those og's shouldn't be worn becasue they will crack on you. So I would sayno to wearing them.

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

not gonna last, especially since they are DS.
I should know!
238228599.jpg

Dont do it to yourself!

thats why i don't even bother trying to get DS vintage stuff anymore.

Force max CB's, OG Aqua's, Air raids, total max uptempos, safety orange 95's......all crumbled/cracked on me.
mad.gif

3 of them i paid $200+ for too.....
frown.gif

Originally Posted by bklyn style baby

not gonna last, especially since they are DS.
I should know!
238228599.jpg

Dont do it to yourself!

where is the cracking? i can only see the nubuck chipping. im thinking i may have a chance if i wear them around my house lightly to break them in, im only 140pounds, plus the seller says the soles are firm and 100 percent wearable, and that he gave a pair to his brother and he wears them all the time, i kno thatdoesnt mean %!% just saying

Originally Posted by icedweebz

where is the cracking? i can only see the nubuck chipping. im thinking i may have a chance if i wear them around my house lightly to break them in, im only 140 pounds, plus the seller says the soles are firm and 100 percent wearable, and that he gave a pair to his brother and he wears them all the time, i kno that doesnt mean %!% just saying

This was before the cracking, i had them for about 5 wears before the cracking started.
this was 2 years ago!

I copped a ds pair in 2007, I wore dem 5 times then i started seeing cracks, i wore it one more time & dey crumbled!!!!

Deadstock not sure about that, but i have owned a pair in near new condition and wore the hell out of them, they never cracked (btw they don't) what tendsto happen on those is the midsole will seperate from the upper and the nubuck on them tends to dry and crack.

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

(btw they don't) what tends to happen on those is the midsole will seperate from the upper and the nubuck on them tends to dry and crack.
Yes they do crack, if i had a camera i would post pics, they most def crack.

someone posted pics of these same air raids that damn near turned to powder, can't remember who but they definitely fall apart.

someone posted pics of these same air raids that damn near turned to powder, can't remember who but they definitely fall apart.

I remeber this.....
nerd.gif

Yes they do crack, if i had a camera i would post pics, they most def crack.

Please show me I have never seen it, and i've owned Dozens of pairs, the only area prone to cracking is near the front of the shoe, and that has onlyhappend to one of the pairs ive owned, on all non wearable pairs i had, i have only seen the upper seperate from the midsole due to the glue drying out, thatsit..

I've bought three of the four(?) colorways of the Air Raid IIs off eBay and wore them a number of times without problems. The Black/Kinte colorway wuzused, and any wear has been to the suede or nubuck, and even then it's black so it's not really noticeable. And the soles haven't separated orcracked. My grey/zebra striped joints were DS and they're completely butter. Here's recent pics (after wearings and subsequent cleanings):
3e2361c4478f086d6a60e481cbdafaa7033d08db.jpg

8a536c7247ee0b336ce1eeadc728f491823d3c61.jpg

Only the White/Plaids got messed up, and they were pretty worn when I bought them.

If you like these joints, cop them and rock them. If you don't, move along... You'll be fine either way. But don't buy them and NOT rock them, cuzwhat's the point?

I still think those black peace raids will get retroed in the next couple of years. I would hold off and see what happens unless you're just dying to havethem now.

rick kantz got a point... dont cop if you not gonna wear...

i copped a DS pair of the rasta raids (blk.forest) in 2006 and I wore the sh@t outta them... they didnt even come with the box so I know they werent in thebest possible DS condition BUT THEY DID NOT CRACK...

og collectors know raids dont crack esp the rasta due to the durability of midsole...

the ones that dun said crumbled to powder musta been the og raid I's in the raiders colorway (that have been retroed twice the past decade).. that midsoleis made of different rubber than the rasta (raid II's) and oxidizes like a muth@...

you should be good to rock them... just ease into them at the crib first and let the midsole slowly get used to the pressure...

i even balled in mine and the most that happened was the suede/nubuck on the toe box had hairline fractures (that were not noticeable and they werentcracked)... had i not balled in them that would not have happened for a while....

i just recently copped og VII bourdeaux and i wore them around 7 times so far and they good... no cracks or creases...

just copped DS for $150. ill let you all know how it works out when i try to break them in and rock

Back
Top Bottom