Wedding Question?

I'm going to be attending a wedding this weekend (they are friends of my GF).  The bride has asked all bridesmaids and groomsmen, gf included, to clean up the reception area the next day (Sunday).  Seems odd to me. 

Thoughts? 
grin.gif

I'm going to be attending a wedding this weekend (they are friends of my GF).  The bride has asked all bridesmaids and groomsmen, gf included, to clean up the reception area the next day (Sunday).  Seems odd to me. 

Thoughts? 
grin.gif

I and a group of friends were once suckered into setting up all the chairs, tent, etc. for my good friends' wedding a couple summers ago. The father of the bride and wedding planner told us they needed our help to move a few things, we got there, nothing was set up, and they proceeded to boss us around and set up everything. I and everyone else that was suckered were heated, got stung by bees twice and wasnt even offered a %##+**! beer or any %##+**! food.

So my thoughts on this? *+%$ them. Tell them to clean up their own %@#*.

I and a group of friends were once suckered into setting up all the chairs, tent, etc. for my good friends' wedding a couple summers ago. The father of the bride and wedding planner told us they needed our help to move a few things, we got there, nothing was set up, and they proceeded to boss us around and set up everything. I and everyone else that was suckered were heated, got stung by bees twice and wasnt even offered a %##+**! beer or any %##+**! food.

So my thoughts on this? *+%$ them. Tell them to clean up their own %@#*.

Weird... but I'm guessing this wedding is going to be a small one at someone's house?

do it if you want...but it shouldn't be mandatory for the bridal party

Weird... but I'm guessing this wedding is going to be a small one at someone's house?

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Medium sized wedding at a grand hall. 

I DEFINITELY will not be there Sunday (gf either due to busy school schedule).  My thoughts are if you're going to pay for a wedding, why not pay to have it cleaned as well? Plus the bride dropped this "request" on everyone 2-3 weeks before the wedding (after nearly a year of planning). 

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Medium sized wedding at a grand hall. 

I DEFINITELY will not be there Sunday (gf either due to busy school schedule).  My thoughts are if you're going to pay for a wedding, why not pay to have it cleaned as well? Plus the bride dropped this "request" on everyone 2-3 weeks before the wedding (after nearly a year of planning). 

Usually the bridal party helps out with a lot of things, cleaning included. It's part of being in the bridal party/groomsmen. If you don't want to do it, politely decline their request for you to be in it.

Usually the bridal party helps out with a lot of things, cleaning included. It's part of being in the bridal party/groomsmen. If you don't want to do it, politely decline their request for you to be in it.

I'm guessing the hall doesn't provide a clean up service in their contract. Or possibly your gf's friend declined the extra charge for the clean up crew and volunteered her friends to help instead, which is cheaper.

I'm guessing the hall doesn't provide a clean up service in their contract. Or possibly your gf's friend declined the extra charge for the clean up crew and volunteered her friends to help instead, which is cheaper.

Not a catering facility. More like a large room in an old train station (since renovated i assume) that can be rented for different events.

Not a catering facility. More like a large room in an old train station (since renovated i assume) that can be rented for different events.

got it.

bottomline is.. if you can't do it... you can't do it.
you shouldn't feel obligated just b/c you're in the bridal party

got it.

bottomline is.. if you can't do it... you can't do it.
you shouldn't feel obligated just b/c you're in the bridal party

Back
Top Bottom