Weekend trip: DC, Boston, Nashville, or Savannah? Vol- been to NYC, Chi, Vegas, Mia, etc

I was looking to getaway for a weekend later this summer, and wanted to to a quick Fri-Sun trip with the lady.  I've been to all the BIG cities, and was looking to do something different.  What would you guys recommend- something with good bars/restaurants and a couple tourist hot spots too.  We've both been to DC growing up but never together.  How does Nashville/Boston compare?  Or something like Charleston/Savannah?

In this weather, I'd pick a spot that had a beach close by (Miami), or a GREAT pool scene (LV).

DC in the summer = no bueno.

San Diego is dope, San Francisco is always a fun trip for those outside.

Seattle would be dope too. It's beautiful in the summer tons iPod live music going on, cool bar scene amazing food, then if you feel up for it it's only a two hour drive to Vancouver so you can make a day trip outta that or a overnight.

I like Boston a lot
Cambridge is a good spot to stop in
Little Italy for pastries and good food
South end for local stuff
OTTO in Cambridge is the closest thing you will get to NY pizza plus it's pretty good.

For DC would recommend,
Fri: Fly in, Dupont/Adams Morgan at night
Sat: landmarks during day, U/14th St at night (or H St if you're a hipster :tongue: )
Sun: art museums during day (or brunch), M St/Wisc Ave/Waterfont at night
Fly out Mon

Hotel/airbnb pretty much anywhere in NW DC or maybe even Arlington or Silver Spring/Bethesda (metro or Uber gets you everywhere)

But would say LA or SF would be waaaay better summer wkend trip. SF you can hit Golden Gate, Wharf, Coit Tower, GG bridge during day then Cow Hollow and Mission at night. LA make it a beach trip, Manhattan, Venice, SM, etc.

Back
Top Bottom