Welcome to NIKETALK.com. New Forums and features added!!!

THIS IS FOR THOSE OF U WHO AGREE WITH THE CHANGES AND USE THE BUY/SELL FORUM TO FULLFILL YOUR SNEAKER NEEDS!

Read the new rules there horrible!

Heres the first! and the worst one!
1. NO DEALERS ALLOWED. For our purposes, any member selling over ten items total OR more than two of the same item will be considered a dealer. In other words, you may NOT list over ten items at the same time. Similarly, you may NOT list three pairs of the same shoe, three identical t-shirts, etc. EVEN IF THEY ARE DIFFERENT SIZES.

NT IS TURNING INTO A DICTATORSHIP :smh:
nono.gif

so i guess it doesnt matter what we say right :wink:
wink.gif
WANTED: Huarache Air Trainer Wht/Wht sz 9 DS
.................Air Zoom Trainer 1 Mid graph/blk/white/mean green sz 9 DS

Lack of resellers on here means more resellers going to eBay, which means more fees you have to pay, which means more people you have to compete with, which in turn just means more money out of your pocket.

Why is everyone against resellers? They are the reason a lot of people get the shoes they want. And please don't bring prices into it. Resellers charge what they do because of demand - ironically enough - created by you.

I just don't understand why it's a bad thing that guys resell stuff. I wouldn't own a lot of older stuff from 1999-2000 if it weren't for those evil resellers and neither would have the people here, so why do people hate them so much?

babydill.
[/b]​

Quote:
Lack of resellers on here means more resellers going to eBay, which means more fees you have to pay, which means more people you have to compete with, which in turn just means more money out of your pocket.

Why is everyone against resellers? They are the reason a lot of people get the shoes they want. And please don't bring prices into it. Resellers charge what they do because of demand - ironically enough - created by you.

I just don't understand why it's a bad thing that guys resell stuff. I wouldn't own a lot of older stuff from 1999-2000 if it weren't for those evil resellers and neither would have the people here, so why do people hate them so much?

Couldn't have said it better myself...

I praise resellers...my collection wouldn't be 1/2 of what it is w/out them
You need ALL WHITE Air Force 1 lows? I got 'em..sz.7.5-15...only $88 shipped! E-mail me at: [email protected]

I hate the review your post thing, it's pointless because they have yet to "review" my post still... :lol:
laugh.gif

[/center]

Quote:
damned if you do...and damned if you don't....

NT has changes...like it or not...
I don't think you should really look at it that way. I feel as though most of NT wanted to see some change, just not such a drastic one. For the most part the changes are fine by me except those now enforced in the selling forums. It seems as though most people are not too happy with the new rules. Of course resellers use NT as a means to circumvent ebay fees, however, plenty of resellers have also helped me buy shoes that I passed on in the past, and at a good price. Not all resellers are bad. Dirty, you have always said NT was for the people and could be changed if the people wanted it, so tell me, what would it take for there to be changes if the people wanted it?
speak softly and carry a big stick -Roosevelt

spice of life​

Quote:
Dirty, you have always said NT was for the people and could be changed if the people wanted it, so tell me, what would it take for there to be changes if the people wanted it?
...thing is...we've made these changes in response to the complaints on the board for the past YEAR....

I hope people realize that we didn't make these changes arbitrarily and on the spur of the moment..

no...there were discussions...and discussions...and discussions...about what we should and should not do....

we didn't do this in 1 month...this was well over 8-12 months in planning and discussion.

we're not oblivious to complaints about how the board is run....

you come to us with valid and constructive criticism...we're going to listen...

you come to us merely complaining without any valid alternatives... better believe that it will fall on deaf ears...

[table]T E A M N E R D [/table]​

Because someone has more than 10 items for sale they are labeled a dealer? WTH is that all about? I can understand 10 of the same items, but 10 different items is completely different.
Also, reselling prices are jacked up because people are willing to pay it. Sellers wouldn't be expecting $400+ for Laser IV's if some of us (NT sneakerheads) weren't shelling out the dough for them.
I like some of the changes. However, I think that NT mods went a bit OVERBOARD!!!
[/b]

Quote:
I'm also petitioning for the allowance of a local B/S/T thread either in the local forums or the misc. b/s/t forums.

This thread was HIGHLY sucessful for Toronto heads. It gave us a common ground to quickly list stuff we had or wanted, without the hassle of posting pics, searching through ebay or paying shipping fees. Cats posting what they had, dudes called, IM'ed or emailed each other, and handled their business in person. This takes away the dealer and fraud aspects of the new B/S/T forum rules that I can respect for dudes selling to others across the country, but the local heads are really missing out.

I think we should be allowed a B/S/T thread in our local forums that don't have to abide by the B/S/T thread rules.

We have looked into that and we think the idea isn't a bad one.

But we feel the local B/S threads aren't neccessary and that they'll only lead to excessive posts of advertising as well as unfairness among NTers, especially those who post a lot.

We have a buy/sell forum for a reason and that's where all the b/s stuff goes. If you've got something to sell or want to buy something, go there instead.

If you want to do local trades, then list that in your own b/s post in the B/S forum. It is your own responsibility to sort that out ourself.

If you want to do a little advertising, here's what you can do:

You can list what you want/want to sell, add what the size in your signature or profile . Then you also type in "Toronto - local trades ONLY".
Sellers and buyers can contact each other via ezINBOX messaging or AIM or MSN but not via NikeTalk posting. Sellers can also include a link to their B/S posts in their signature and user profile.

However, all signatures should still comply with the existing rules regarding signatures.
SUPPORT the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund!

A regular contributor of NikeTalk.
ezSUPPORT ME!

can we take off the preview post, i mean you can see what your typing... if you make a mistake thats what the edit is for.
ya know i have no clue what your trying to say but i know your wrong.

[/b]​

Quote:
They just made this joint ISS-status with the 10+ forums and new B/S rules. The whole reason I came back here time and time again was because ISS was impossible to navigate with so many forums and strictness of rules/posting.

yessss.....exactly....theres too many forums to navigate...
[/center]
kissing the game goodbye​

Quote:
can we take off the preview post, i mean you can see what your typing... if you make a mistake thats what the edit is for.

ya know i have no clue what your trying to say but i know your wrong.

It's useful sometimes when posting pics, to make sure you hosted them right.
[table][tr][td]

tLn
[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td]E-MAIL[/td][td]AIM[/td][td]AVATARS[/td][/tr][/table]
DON'T LIKE THE NEW NIKETALK LAYOUT? JOIN HERE. MUSIC SHARING, PAGE VIEWS, LESS FORUMS, AND MORE!

if ya'll spent 8 months figuring it out, why didn't you spend even a day actually informnig NTers of the possibilities.
The Robb Report:<br>coming when I feel like it

:tongue:
tongue.gif
:rolleyes
eyes.gif

EDIT: Just checking :lol:
laugh.gif

Because of the new buy/sell now guys like mezone and ste160 cant sell stuff on here for good prices. >:
mad.gif

[/b]

Quote:
I just don't understand why it's a bad thing that guys resell stuff.

i think what it basically comes down ta is that NT isn't sayin resellers are wrong or evil, just that resellin HERE isn't what this board is for.

i mean really, if you were staff and worked on this place daily for nothin then you see resellers makin money hand over fist on YOUR site then you get hundreds of people cryin daily about how the resellers are destroyin the board what would you do?

Only part of the rule i don't like is how it hurts the indy t-shirt guys cause they aren't sellin stuff they buy cheap at marked up prices, they are sellin stuff they MAKE at prices BELOW what name brand makers charge. i see it more as art and culture then anythin else so i am sad ta see that go.

Can I get an answer why NEITHER of my selling posts were listed (1 in the 10.5-11 section and 1 in the 11.5+ section). I did this EARLY yesterday and still nothing .... and yes, they were tagged pics with the date.
"I use to hustle for Jordan kicks, now I do it for a brick ...." - Cormega

The new changes aren't that bad. You got to get rid of the E-Snitch button.
ToM
FL Ruler

T E A M N E R D | AIM: Kna BaLLa 813

x Stop E-Snitchin' Member #9 - Straight Outta Tha 813​

Back
Top Bottom