WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

IMG_4474.JPG
[

My little black Panther collection

Last edited:
Exclusive behind the scenes clips of Infinity War on Entertainment Tonight... rumors of the trailer releasing Tuesday in the AM.
Because the first Avengers film, maybe the other’s too were showcased on ET, & the trailer released the following morning.
C2B3C102-DE78-4285-AF70-63BAE0E3D29E.jpeg

Don't even want another trailer at this point, I can hold out, especially if they're releasing promotional stuff, like the Hot Toys and magazine articles and interviews with the cast. I'm still going to be hyped regardless.

Just put those tickets up for sale

I forgot iw's budget is 500 mil.

You guys better hope it does better than BP. Otherwise it's kinda hard for marvel to justify that kind of budget again.

You guys better hope it does better than BP. Otherwise it's kinda hard for marvel to justify that kind of budget again.

Marvel doesn't have to justify anything. It seems that everything they spent the money on was already justified. I mean they are telling a continuous story 20 films long. You've got cast from all those movies. Special effects, that aren't just being thrown in to be thrown in, and they shot both IW and A4 back to back. Maybe the only thing they splurged on was using IMAX cameras(and thats nitpicky, since I'm only watching this film in IMAX)

Besides cost, you have people in front and behind the camera from the cast, to producers, writers and directors, who have done their research, embrace their fans wholeheartedly and work meticulously on making the best quality films. I mean in a month we'll be debating on fight scenes that could be better than anything seen in CW, to me that entire notion is utterly ridiculous

some studios can't get 2-3 films in and be this consistent, are all over the place, and ignore what the fans genuinely want.

BP was an incredible surprise, and if IW does less than that, it's whatever, we're at a point where these films are so damn different and diverse(much like the comics) that it's ok to not like the HUGE spectacle of IW, or the Avengers in general, and prefer a smaller comedy/heist like Antman or to like going in space with the GOTG, etc.

The last studio that anyone should be checking for when it comes to how they spending money or if they'll go over budget is Marvel.

Marvel doesn't have to justify anything. It seems that everything they spent the money on was already justified. I mean they are telling a continuous story 20 films long. You've got cast from all those movies. Special effects, that aren't just being thrown in to be thrown in, and they shot both IW and A4 back to back. Maybe the only thing they splurged on was using IMAX cameras(and thats nitpicky, since I'm only watching this film in IMAX)

Besides cost, you have people in front and behind the camera from the cast, to producers, writers and directors, who have done their research, embrace their fans wholeheartedly and work meticulously on making the best quality films. I mean in a month we'll be debating on fight scenes that could be better than anything seen in CW, to me that entire notion is utterly ridiculous

some studios can't get 2-3 films in and be this consistent, are all over the place, and ignore what the fans genuinely want.

BP was an incredible surprise, and if IW does less than that, it's whatever, we're at a point where these films are so damn different and diverse(much like the comics) that it's ok to not like the HUGE spectacle of IW, or the Avengers in general, and prefer a smaller comedy/heist like Antman or to like going in space with the GOTG, etc.

The last studio that anyone should be checking for when it comes to how they spending money or if they'll go over budget is Marvel.
500 million budget is a lot of money.

The average budget for an mcu film is 200 mil. Black panther's budget is 200 mil.

Like it or not, marvel makes movies to make money.

Rule of thumb in Hollywood is you need to double your budget just to break even. So movie would need to gross a billion before it even starts to turn a profit.

If it doesn't hit expectations, after a4, I doubt we will see a movie like IW again

I'm sure Marvel has to answer to shareholders just like any other company

Last edited:
500 million budget is a lot of money.

The average budget for an mcu film is 200 mil. Black panther's budget is 200 mil.

Like it or not, marvel makes movies to make money.

Rule of thumb in Hollywood is you need to double your budget just to break even. So movie would need to gross a billion before it even starts to turn a profit.

If it doesn't hit expectations, after a4, I doubt we will see a movie like IW again

I'm sure Marvel has to answer to shareholders just like any other company

This isn't your average movie, lol this isn't BP, Thor, GOTG etc.

This is a film with ALL of them in it and more. Who makes movies to not make money? The entire reason we are getting IW is because the previous films have made money.

Like I said before, the last studio needing to be questioned is Marvel.
Budget seems about right with all that is going on. I'd be worried if the budget for IW was 200 million. No way to cut corners on Thanos, fighting on another planet or any of the other 100 things that need to look legit when bringing a comic to life

Wouldn't be surprised if IW does 500 Mil opening night alone. Budget doesn't mean much when you have damn near every character having a role

MCU's 18 films are closing in on 15 bill WW and you think they need to justify budget?

Within the MCU they have multiple properties clearing a bill

This isn't your average movie, lol this isn't BP, Thor, GOTG etc.

This is a film with ALL of them in it and more. Who makes movies to not make money? The entire reason we are getting IW is because the previous films have made money.

Like I said before, the last studio needing to be questioned is Marvel.
Budget seems about right with all that is going on. I'd be worried if the budget for IW was 200 million. No way to cut corners on Thanos, fighting on another planet or any of the other 100 things that need to look legit when bringing a comic to life
I think my initial post was taken the wrong way. I think a movie like infinity war SHOULD be 500 mil. I want marvel to keep releasing movies with 500 mil. But if it doesn't hit a benchmark, shareholders will question the budget retrospectively.

Back
Top Bottom