WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Son its like his career has only blossomed since BB. You'd think he's some new hot movie star.

Flourishing on tv and now movies.

Giancarlo can be Kang :pimp:

Nah, he don't got that Will Smith pull to bag that.
Lol, speaking of, Smith too busy with Entanglements; he need to get back to Hancock.
And the Breaking Bad guy really getting a second coming. He's everywhere, though Doom is a bit of a stretch imo.

Doom
or
Magneto

yeah I said it

and I know I'm way off, just fiendin for some type of new MCU material. Crazy it's only been a year since the last film, feels like forever

i want fassbender as doom.. but make dude magneto, he’s older and distinguished but not old old like Gandalf looked

then go hit up Denzel to be professor x

9232378F-B221-486A-9B83-8BA4A3FD6EBA.jpeg
161DCA0D-D3F9-4DEB-A041-1536C62F30CC.jpeg
FCDAB2CB-9A8D-4972-87B5-1A8790A60AC5.jpeg
17455133-024E-42F9-AEEA-0DB7C4D5C17F.jpeg
B203E10F-2BBC-4384-9444-6F8DC5191A4A.jpeg
809B3D91-6E4E-4796-94DC-6CEA3071B1D4.jpeg
54414664-083E-46C4-A328-953F2F296092.jpeg

Because it’s needed and we deserve it.

The best thing about The First Avenger is Agent Carter.
Man that last pic in the turtleneck and glasses is incredible.

Reactions: ARK
^^^
Yeah I’d like Shang Chi’s fit to be red based and please no bandana. I think the movie is going to be good, but introducing him as MCU’s first Asian super hero still feels a bit forced.

Amadeus Cho’s Hulk or Namor would be dope characters to have an Asian actor play.

That’s it? Seems like he was 80 20 years ago

I swear Pat Stewart and Morgan Freeman have been 80 since I was born 30+ years ago.

I actually just re-watched Glory over the weekend and Freeman still looks like the same but compare Commander Holt from Brooklyn 99 in that movie to now and I don't know what vampire juice Morgan drinks, but it's definitely working:lol:

He's literally the closest thing they have to that though.

No different than Black Panther being the first black superhero.

I agree he may be the first created Asian superhero by Marvel, but look at when his character was actually introduced and the content included. Wasn’t until recently that they did anything decent with Shang Chi in the comics. Black Panther has significance in Marvel since being introduced, can we say that about Shang Chi? If we’re really being honest, Namor was assumed by a lot of folks to be Asian-influenced and his character is way more interesting.

Representation isn’t just finding or creating POC characters, it also could be allowing a POC to play potentially any character. MCU needs to have some balls, Disney+ just celebrated a broadway show about the US Founding Fathers casted significantly by African Americans, and it’s damn good. Tell me you can’t cast POC actors/actresses to play characters from comic books.

I agree he may be the first created Asian superhero by Marvel, but look at when his character was actually introduced and the content included. Wasn’t until recently that they did anything decent with Shang Chi in the comics. Black Panther has significance in Marvel since being introduced, can we say that about Shang Chi? If we’re really being honest, Namor was assumed by a lot of folks to be Asian-influenced and his character is way more interesting.
Gotta disagree big time here.

Namor has always been a trash character to me. Just wild annoying and arrogant.

Shang-Chi was huge when he was created specifically cuz of the martial Arts movie craze at the time and Bruce Lee. Not sure what you're talking about there. Its arguable his significance is more than Namor.

Also I don't really get the comparison. When Namor was created, nobody was calling him Asian. Not in the 60s either or 70s or 80s. Thats a more recent thing but if Marvel wants to make him Asian cool. I wouldn't really say MCU has balls if they do it though.

Namor aint getting his own movie. Among marvel stories, Shang-Chi got it. If we not talking about Namor as a villain they got the time where he's macking on Sue Storm, some Defenders stories (where if we honest you don't need him), and him warring with Black Panther (and he's kinda the villain there too). His best claim is first super powered Marvel character.

If I have to choose between the two I'm definitely going with Shang.

This was never about casting poc as In Marvel superhero roles with me. Whether they do it to Namor or not isn't gonna really change his status.

Master Zik Master Zik I think part of my problem with Shang Chi's origins was that it was another example of folks trying to capitalize off what Bruce worked his whole life for. The Fu Manchu character was also racist AF! It may not be about casting POC to you, but Disney is obviously trying to get that Chinese love, while also producing another film that features mostly POC actors/actresses, Asians specifically, which I'm actually not mad at. I'm still going to see the film regardless of how I feel about the character, I'm just stating there's an obvious reason Marvel is pushing him.

Master Zik Master Zik I think part of my problem with Shang Chi's origins was that it was another example of folks trying to capitalize off what Bruce worked his whole life for. The Fu Manchu character was also racist AF! It may not be about casting POC to you, but Disney is obviously trying to get that Chinese love, while also producing another film that features mostly POC actors/actresses, Asians specifically, which I'm actually not mad at. I'm still going to see the film regardless of how I feel about the character, I'm just stating there's an obvious reason Marvel is pushing him.
Same reason they pushed Black Panther and Captain Marvel.

They'll continue to do so with other heroes. A lot of that already present in the Eternals cast.

Back
Top Bottom