WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

He’s King regent. It wasn’t explicitly stated, but more or less alluded to that Shuri doesn’t want the responsibility of being the Queen and M’Baku would serve in her place.

Also the reason why he arrived to the ceremony in her ship on her behalf
Exactly. But they purposefully didn't show who challenges him, in order to keep that open for however they want to take it. They could have him beat a nobody and be king/BP with life going on as usual, beat someone who becomes a big nemesis, or get defeated by who would then be the throne/BP mantle. I take it more as he's just king, and therefore BP I assume, and life is as usual, but I just definitely noticed that they left out whoever would challenge him.

I also thought the mid credit was ehhhhh.

It's like they did that post production, and forgot about an interaction earlier in the movie. They needed to change that scene around some or had him not in it.

I’ve been singing BP2’s praises non-stop but I damn sure won’t gloss over the plot holes.

Every piece of content released since the Eternals has ignored Arishem, we finally get a movie with an underwater civilization that would absolutely be impacted by Arishem but NOPE, nothing. Not even a peep alluding to the disturbance Arishem would create to the entire ocean floor and Tolacan.

Huge opportunity missed, IMO.

Marvel needs prep time to explain it.

Seriously though, I think Marvel is going to pull the Dr. Strange or Wang ust erased everyone's memory of the event or Arishem did.

Going to see tomorrow, but from these posts we have to remember that being King of Wakanda and being Black Panther aren’t exactly synonymous. T’Challa was Black Panther, while his father was King.

Going to see tomorrow, but from these posts we have to remember that being King of Wakanda and being Black Panther aren’t exactly synonymous. T’Challa was Black Panther, while his father was King.

Yup King or Queen of Wakanda is different from being the Black Panther

if i were namor…

when i came back to the ship and saw that the wakandans are outnumbered and done for, i would have been “truce over!” and then kicked BP to the water and have her swallowed by a whale :lol:

shuri told him to surrender and namors people will live but wakanda was done for right there

My phase 4 rankings and scores out of 10

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - 9.5
Spider Man: No Way Home - 8.75
Doctor Strange 2 - 8.25
Eternal - 8.25
Shang Chi - 8
Thor: Love and Thunder - 7.75
Black Widow - 7
This would be my order.

As long as it was I actually wish it was longer to better interweave the mid credit stuff throughout the movie.

Yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed BP: WF. Was amazing to me. A pure spectacle. The cultural references, design, clothing, dances, soundtrack, the languages spoken & even the phase 4 theme of grief. Namor was fantastic.

Please give Ryan Coogler whatever he wants in the MCU.

PO

Last edited:
The women absolutely crushed this film, Okoye continues to establish herself as one of the dopest female characters in the MCU, Nakia stepped it up and Shuri crushed it, I enjoy her carrying the mantle….one of my only gripes was Riri….not really sold on her much…def not anywhere NEAR to a Tony replacement, I rather have Rhody carry that on as War Machine….Riri just felt like a genetic genius kid in a VERYYYYYY bland suit of armor

I thought the movie was great. Beautiful tribute. Considering the terrible hand they were dealt with Chadwick’s death, I thought Coogler and his team did a fantastic job.

I went in with zero expectations and thought it was great. I may have liked it more than 1.

🇭🇹 🇭🇹

not sure if you noticed but at the end when they’re in Haiti the house number they live in is 1804, thought that was a great touch
Went over my head.

When they went there prior, it didn’t really dawn on me until folks started talking. Later on, I was like such a dope ode/honor for Coogler to include. Then naming the child Toussaint. I was like 🔥

I’m not as high as others (though I did enjoy it and have it high in phase four MCU), this was a beautiful effort/film for the “culture.”

Back
Top Bottom