WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

1721760689519.jpeg

amc also got a headpool bucket

1721760775507.jpeg

No spoilers here but watched it last night and, it’s very middle of the road 😬…I left the theater thinking the same thing I did after watching Multiverse of Madness which was essentially a great big meh…

It’s an absolute cameo fest from start to finish to the point that by the end of it, for me at least, it essentially turned into Where’s Waldo in terms of waiting to see who and when the next ~Look it’s that person / character~ will turn up next…The couple of characters that they gave a bit more shine too did very well and they could’ve easily cut some of the multitudes of others out and given those characters more screen time. The appearances absolutely wore on me to the point that by the BIG ending I felt like I just wanted it to be over…Might be an unpopular opinion but there it is…

Far From Home aside, this is just about on par with everything else the MCU has done after Endgame, which again has been very middle of the road to outright bad…Luckily this didn’t turn out totally dreadful…

The only thing that made it marginally better was seeing Hugh in action wearing the full costume…It really is sad knowing that he spent his whole run with everyone saying how the costume wouldn’t work in live action, because they absolutely proved that to be wrong…They nailed it on that front…

I had IMAX tickets for tomorrow night but went ahead and got a refund on them…I think I’ll be good waiting to rewatch this at home, sad as that is to say…

One spoiler though about the ending…

The X-Men outright are NOT featured heavy in this at all, literally at all, and Deadpool / Hugh Wolverine are absolutely NOT in the MCU main universe at the end…Gambit is the only one who gets decent screen time and actual dialogue…There’s mentions of Charles, obviously, and a blink and you miss it is Cyclops, buts that’s essentially it…

They end up back in Deadpool’s original universe and settle into a happy ending life which felt very off if I’m being honest…

My guess is that they (Deadpool and Wolverine) turn back up in Secret Wars and that’s were the X-Men / mutants we know get pulled into the MCU proper…

Last edited:
No spoilers here but watched it last night and, it’s very middle of the road 😬…I left the theater thinking the same thing I did after watching Multiverse of Madness which was essentially a great big meh…

It’s an absolute cameo fest from start to finish to the point that by the end of it, for me at least, it essentially turned into Where’s Waldo in terms of waiting to see who and when the next ~Look it’s that person / character~ will turn up next…The couple of characters that they gave a bit more shine too did very well and they could’ve easily cut some of the multitudes of others out and given those characters more screen time. The appearances absolutely wore on me to the point that by the BIG ending I felt like I just wanted it to be over…Might be an unpopular opinion but there it is…

Far From Home aside, this is just about on par with everything else the MCU has done after Endgame, which again has been very middle of the road to outright bad…Luckily this didn’t turn out totally dreadful…

The only thing that made it marginally better was seeing Hugh in action wearing the full costume…It really is sad knowing that he spent his whole run with everyone saying how the costume wouldn’t work in live action, because they absolutely proved that to be wrong…They nailed it on that front…

I had IMAX tickets for tomorrow night but went ahead and got a refund on them…I think I’ll be good waiting to rewatch this at home, sad as that is to say…
This is how I've been thinking my reaction will be after watching tomorrow. Seeing some non-spoiler reviews stating the movie was on the same level as the first two DP movies, got me concerned because I was 'meh' to both DP movies lol.

THAT one is not Dead Pool related and so far in the future, you should be alright. I hope you wasn't tripping on Blade spoilers. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom