WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

This was a bad movie with some good moments. I’m disappointed.

Plot was bad and the villain was *** per usual. The cameos will sell it but underneath the fan service, this isn’t a good movie.

Tatum was nice as Gambit. From the costume to the “accent”.

Last edited:
I saw this movie 3 years ago when I watched Spider-Man: No Way Home. This was just replace Sony with Fox. Still the MidCU, I have this as a top 20 MCU film. Not enough action scenes and none were over the top. Congrats on being the funniest entry to the MCU though.

I saw this movie 3 years ago when I watched Spider-Man: No Way Home. This was just replace Sony with Fox. Still the MidCU, I have this as a top 20 MCU film. Not enough action scenes and none were over the top. Congrats on being the funniest entry to the MCU though.

This comment tells me you have not seen either movie.

I might be in the minority here but the movie didn't hit for me as I thought it would.
I thought they tried wayyy too hard with the jokes and breaking of the 4th wall. The Fox jokes and Marvel Jesus got old real quick for me. The banter between Deadpool and Wolverine is funny enough without the forced jokes....Like others said, the plot was very thin. The idea to use the TVA was good but poor executed imo.

Now I'm not gonna completely 💩 on the movie, the fight scenes were dope as hell and of course the cameos were cool.

I was always a huge fan of

Channing Tatum as Gambit. But this movie proved that would have been a dumpster fire of a casting:lol:

But with that said, he played his role here so damn perfectly and I loved how they leaned into it all. Absolute perfection from all of his scenes and dialogue:rofl:
Idk if it was on purpose but that accent would go from "Oh ok", to utterly ridiculous in the same sentence. :lol:

Why would anyone watch a Deadpool movie and expect it to be anything but silly?

Do you even get Deadpool?

If you want something serious go watch the Eternals.
Its not just a movie that was written to be silly. THE. ENTIRE. MOVIE. AS A CONCEPT IS SILLY. Its not 'silly AND..". Its not going to make things make sense and...

....thats the joke...because its Deadpool. Deadpool doesn't make sense.

It is what it says it is on the fron of the box.

Please don't take this as me trying to argue your opinion by asking this, because i'm not about that but... HOW is that just 'pretty good" by superhero/DP standards?
(And the only reason I say 'Deadpool standards' is because you specifically mentioned 'pretty good Deadpool movie').
How is that just pretty good?
Were there expectations that you had going in that didn't hit?
Did you have no expectations and just went in blind and came out like 'Meh'?
I don't know what you mean man, pretty good is pretty good. ie it falls in line with the other Deadpool films.

Rapid fire corny jokes, 4th wall breaking, and a straight man teamup I enjoyed better than the last. As a fan of the Deadpool/Cable run this was a better version of that than the last film.

Saw it last night; had a great time, 6.5/8. I'll start with the bad which is that people are right to be bothered by the thin plot. The first 2 Deadpool movies did have a stronger emotional core and "Deadpool is having a midlife crisis" didn't do much for me. Also could've used more Hugh Jackman imo.

Outside of that I'd say a strong 90% of the jokes landed for me. Right from the start with the opening credits with the corpse Wolverine, I was in tears. Wesley's Blade got the biggest cheers in my theatre and even though I sorted of expected it because I read some stupid tweet months ago (and Gambit is my fav mutant) I stilled cheered when Tatum walked in. He killed it. Played up the goofiness of the chracter and let him kick *** when needed.

The first Deadpool/Wolverine fight was kind of a letdown but the second one in the Honda made up for it. Tom Wambsgams was kind of wasted but Cassandra Nova was downright creepy. The effects with her hands violating people's minds was good ****. Really wish I hadn't buckled and seen the trailer where they spoil X-23 coming back.

All in all, solid movie and definitely worth a rewatch in a couple weeks. It's best viewed as a good-bye/tribute to the Marvel/Fox universe.

There will be tons of people that absolutely love this movie. It’s a good time, absolutely hilarious, and MCU needed it. All that being said, I don’t believe it's the best superhero movie since Endgame, as I’ve heard some claim.

I don't know what you mean man, pretty good is pretty good. ie it falls in line with the other Deadpool films.

Rapid fire corny jokes, 4th wall breaking, and a straight man teamup I enjoyed better than the last. As a fan of the Deadpool/Cable run this was a better version of that than the last film.
My bad, then.
I take 'pretty good' as... like a C+/B- if we're grading.
"Wasn't bad, definitely not. Wasn't great, either. It was pretty good."
You meant it with a very different tone.
My fault. 🤙

Back
Top Bottom