WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

Maybe it's because they've been dropping so much mid lately, but I'm not even really excited for Deadpool & Wolverine. I think it'll be fun but not the previous MCU quality we've been missing.

Last edited:
This is how I've been thinking my reaction will be after watching tomorrow. Seeing some non-spoiler reviews stating the movie was on the same level as the first two DP movies, got me concerned because I was 'meh' to both DP movies lol.

If you were so-so on the first two movies, then I’m going to say you probably aren’t going to like this one…

Maybe it's because they've been dropping so much mid lately, but I'm not even really excited for Deadpool & Wolverine. I think it'll be fun but not the previous MCU quality we've been missing.

Hugh Jackman’s costumed up Wolverine is worth a watch if you were ever into the X-Men movies…Not much else in there has me wanting to re-watch this thing to be honest…Mid is about right, which sucks…

If you were so-so on the first two movies, then I’m going to say you probably aren’t going to like this one…

Hugh Jackman’s costumed up Wolverine is worth a watch if you were ever into the X-Men movies…Not much else in there has me wanting to re-watch this thing to be honest…Mid is about right, which sucks…
That's disappointing. The box office numbers show that superhero fatigue isn't here but they can't seem to get it right. Hopefully the end of this variant stuff and bringing in the xmen will change things.

Welp lol. I will just enjoy the time to myself and enjoy it for what it is. I enjoyed the majority of the X-Men/Wolverine movies, so if it's a proper 'send-off' like some reviews have said, then I should enjoy it.

Non-Spoiler question: Were there cameos that showed up and didn't expect to see at all?

Welp lol. I will just enjoy the time to myself and enjoy it for what it is. I enjoyed the majority of the X-Men/Wolverine movies, so if it's a proper 'send-off' like some reviews have said, then I should enjoy it.

Non-Spoiler question: Were there cameos that showed up and didn't expect to see at all?

One Wolverine variant caught me off guard and has me thinking there might be more coming out of that…One “cameo” was really cool to finally see suit up and nailed the part he played, surprisingly…

The “cameo” characters that got decent scene time were really good but they just crammed too much of the other blink and you miss it stuff in there…People complained about there not being enough with the cameo stuff in Multiverse of Madness but this takes it in the opposite direction and just goes balls to the wall with the amount they put in there…

No spoilers here but watched it last night and, it’s very middle of the road 😬…I left the theater thinking the same thing I did after watching Multiverse of Madness which was essentially a great big meh…

It’s an absolute cameo fest from start to finish to the point that by the end of it, for me at least, it essentially turned into Where’s Waldo in terms of waiting to see who and when the next ~Look it’s that person / character~ will turn up next…The couple of characters that they gave a bit more shine too did very well and they could’ve easily cut some of the multitudes of others out and given those characters more screen time. The appearances absolutely wore on me to the point that by the BIG ending I felt like I just wanted it to be over…Might be an unpopular opinion but there it is…

Far From Home aside, this is just about on par with everything else the MCU has done after Endgame, which again has been very middle of the road to outright bad…Luckily this didn’t turn out totally dreadful…

The only thing that made it marginally better was seeing Hugh in action wearing the full costume…It really is sad knowing that he spent his whole run with everyone saying how the costume wouldn’t work in live action, because they absolutely proved that to be wrong…They nailed it on that front…

I had IMAX tickets for tomorrow night but went ahead and got a refund on them…I think I’ll be good waiting to rewatch this at home, sad as that is to say…

I actually had my hopes up for this movie (I shouldn't have). If it's anything like MoM, then I will just wait for the D+ release.

Back
Top Bottom