WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Things always convenient when it comes to what cap tells people and what he actually does..

Look at what he says to tony in avengers:

Steve Rogers: ... I've seen the footage. The only thing you really fight for is yourself. You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you.

Tony Stark: I think I would just cut the wire.

Steve Rogers: Always a way out... You know, you may not be a threat, but you better stop pretending to be a hero

His actions:

Last edited:
I'm just a boss like that

Ya know

pimp.gif
the boss that would choose saving bucky over saving the world if given an ultimatum. go crash another jet into ice homie. 

Seems like he did the smart thing and was tired from running.

Yet somehow tony says a smart thing regarding the scenario he was given and cap's response is:

Steve Rogers:You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you.

Steve Rogers: Always a way out

My thoughts..

I was rolling at Bucky getting washed by the other Winter Soldiers even tho he had the bionic arm. He's ****** trash lol. I feel it would've been better if they had said Howard perfected a variation of the super soldier serum which would explain why the other Winter Soldiers were washing Bucky.
they were better than bucky because they were already the most highly trained soldiers in the russian army, they were already straight killers

bucky was just a slightly above average american soldier 

Yet somehow tony says a smart thing regarding the scenario he was given and cap's response is:
Steve Rogers:You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you.

you do know that it was a figure of speech right?

and not "here's a scenario, now I want you to tell me how you would actually act in this situation"

they were better than bucky because they were already the most highly trained soldiers in the russian army, they were already straight killers

I get that but there wasn't much skill to him getting washed the way he was. He was literally getting beat senseless with the metal arm. Now the winter soldier program has guys with Cap strength? Cause there was no skill about stopping his punch thrown with a metal arm. That's just raw power.

I get that but there wasn't much skill to him getting washed the way he was. He was literally getting beat senseless with the metal arm. Now the winter soldier program has guys with Cap strength? Cause there was no skill about stopping his punch thrown with a metal arm. That's just raw power.
it was an exposition scene

they are not going to spend 10 minutes of the movie showing bucky and some random no name actor fight it out just to prove how they are both very skilled fighters. it had to be a quick and easy fight for the sake of the narrative 

The guy had faster reflexes than Bucky and seemed more confident/disciplined in his actions.

and not "here's a scenario, now I want you to tell me how you would actually act in this situation"

I know cap tried to make a critical remark of tony..

But tony has this thing a lot of smart people got, wit

Last edited:

they are not going to spend 10 minutes of the movie showing bucky and some random no name actor fight it out just to prove how they are both very skilled fighters. it had to be a quick and easy fight for the sake of the narrative 

The guy had faster reflexes than Bucky and seemed more confident/disciplined in his actions.

Stopping a punch from Bucky with his metal arm is pretty significant don't you think? I'm not saying the guys weren't skilled. Skills and strength/power are two different things.

I'm just saying it would've been better to say that Howard perfected a variation of Cap's super soldier serum and that's what they were injected with. When have we seen Cap catch one of Bucky's punches like that? But due to the Winter Soldier juice the other dude could? It would be different if it was just a simple punch by Bucky with his other arm but dude literally stopped it like Spider-man did. Only guy I've seen do it was Iron Man in this movie (I think he did).

Bucky's arm wasn't made from Vibranium was it? I feel like his new arm might be made from it if he's still chilling in Wakanda

to anyone who watches the movie again, pay attention to the 1991 flashbacks and how brilliant they are from a story telling standpoint. We get too caught up in talking about characters and plot, treating these fictional events like they are real so it's easy to overlook great storytelling devices.

there are three flashbacks of bucky killing tony's parents that use mostly the same shots. however by simply providing different context the filmmakers are able to masterfully direct our emotions and expectations of what's to come.

the first time is at the start of the movie, it reminds us of who bucky was and how he was used. It introduces us to the string of words used to control him, efficient storytelling that they show this to us rather than needing to have zemo explain it to someone later on in the story. by the time zemo is practicing reading the words at home we know exactly what he's up to. It also introduces us to a mystery, what are these blue bags of liquid? A flashback to start the movie off with a mystery is taken from classic hollywood storytelling.

The second time this happens is when bucky tells steve and sam about the other winter soldiers, exact same scene of him shooting the driver and opening the trunk except for one single shot that wasn't there the first time. A 2 second cut to the CCTV footage of the crash, doesn't feel out of place and you dont even notice it the first time but it's very subtly introducing new information that foreshadows what's to come. Then we are given the context of the blue bags which becomes the end game of the movie. Our heroes have to do everything they can to stop zemo before he unleashes these killing machines.

The third time is such a brilliant twist, by simply switching it up and showing the context of what happened to the passengers of the car rather than what happened to the contents of the trunk it totally changes the story and reveals that it's not about an outside threat but rather internal conflict between the three heroes.

this is like spielberg level storytelling, replaying the same event three times at different points of the movie and because of the context each scene means something totally different.

Stopping a punch from Bucky with his metal arm is pretty significant don't you think? I'm not saying the guys weren't skilled. Skills and strength/power are two different things.

I'm just saying it would've been better to say that Howard perfected a variation of Cap's super soldier serum and that's what they were injected with. When have we seen Cap catch one of Bucky's punches like that? But due to the Winter Soldier juice the other dude could? It would be different if it was just a simple punch by Bucky with his other arm but dude literally stopped it like Spider-man did. Only guy I've seen do it was Iron Man in this movie (I think he did).
all that is not needed especially in a story that already has so much content to get through.

they needed to show that these guys were all potentially way more powerful than bucky and that stoping them once they got out would be close to impossible which is why they were in a rush to get to zemo before he could set them free.

the guys did not need to have a detailed backstory for their powers, they were simply an effective plot device 

I know cap tried to make a critical remark of tony..

But tony has this thing a lot of smart people got, wit
well yeah... do you have a point that you're trying to make? 

people often use wit to avoid having to giving answers they feel uncomfortable with

I do it all the time

Tony knew where to find Cap and Bucky cuz Falcon told him.

..... How did BP know :nerd:
He followed him in his own aircraft like right after they show Tony dipping out the helicopter in his IM suit.

Good thing I'm not the only one that missed something after multiple viewings :lol:

another small detail that was awesome was that black panther would always jump from like 20 feet away and land without a sound

everything he did was swift and silent 

I liked how when he was creeping up on Zemo you aint really hear him walk, put his mask/helmet down, or the claws.

Silent killer steez :smokin

Back
Top Bottom