WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

2A2D31C0-CFCC-40D8-ABB1-4C4804322989.jpeg

Wonder how Ryan felt knowing his ex wife is what calms the Hulk down and everyone thinks it’s funny :lol:

@7:36 - 18:00

Came across this comment that summed up my position:

It strikes me that the complaints about superhero films and other blockbuster spectacles are looking in the wrong direction. Those films seem dominant in the cinema because they’re the RESULT of other market pressures in entertainment, not the CAUSE. It’s been the rise of the Golden Age of Television, in particular the rise of high-end narrative television, that’s crowded out the old middle-tier $40M drama film, where the sort of parts that actresses like Foster would dominate. What’s left is either the sub-$20M lowbrow comedy or shocker horror film or the the $200M blockbuster. The latter makes a place for itself because it creates a spectacle that still looks best on a 70-foot screen with booming THX sound (even if 4K TVs with Dolby Atmos are starting to edge close to that).

We have to create false arguments when we assume that these films dominate the box office on their own merits (resulting in articles supposing that audiences must be idiots to choose explosions and tights). Instead we need to look at film, television, and even the internet as no longer really being separate forms of media in an era when it’s become so often stressed how we can show the same film or show on a giant screen or a pocket phone screen at the same time (and increasingly within weeks of initial release). Rather it’s becoming a question of which form stories are being tailored toward (with Marvel being an example of a studio meeting halfway by releasing a few times per year many episodic films that interlace into a broader almost-television-style story).

I actually watched it. Biggest thing I noticed is how Red Skull mentions how the Tesseract was once in Odin's Vault. Now how did the Skull know about this, absolutely zero idea lol

I actually watched it. Biggest thing I noticed is how Red Skull mentions how the Tesseract was once in Odin's Vault. Now how did the Skull know about this, absolutely zero idea lol

He directly mentioned Odin?

Someone at work believes that Liam Neeson will eventually have a role in the MCU lol.

@7:36 - 18:00

when was her last great movie again?

and was she making these complaints when she was making that hot garbage 'elysium'?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1535108/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_4

but cant make a sweeping statement abotu CBMs.. we know certain films aint in the same weight class with others.. but this applies to every film genre

shhhhh look at cartoons on television and movies, i'm sure alot of stupid shhh gets said about them too.. but some of the best content has come from that media.. rick and morty is one of the best shows going on tv, ditto bojack.. up and wall-e told legit love stories and much more, shhh i consider wall-e the greatest love story of my lifetime

James Gunn's response to that:

"I think Foster looks at film in an old-fashioned way where spectacle film can’t be thought-provoking. It’s often true but not always. Her belief system is pretty common and isn’t totally without basis. I say not without basis because most studio franchise films are quite soulless – and that is a real danger to the future of movies. But there are also quite a few exceptions.

"For cinema to survive I believe spectacle films NEED to have a vision and heart they traditionally haven’t. And some of us are doing our best to move in that direction. Creating spectacle films that are innovative, humane, and thoughtful is what excites me about this job.

"But, to be fair, at least from Foster’s quotes, she seems to see filmmaking as something that’s primarily about her own personal growth. For me, that may be part of why I do this, but spending many millions of dollars on a film has to be about more than that – it’s communication – so my experience is merely one spoke on that wheel. But I respect Foster and what she’s done for films and I appreciate her different way of looking at Hollywood’s landscape."

Back
Top Bottom