WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

So does DC look at this and be like a cyborg film can work, with a black cast?

I doubt it...
Marvel Brand
Showing actual cultures of Africa
Black Panther was awesome in CW.
Feigegawd...

I still don't think they look alike
RA4g1jM.jpg

They looked enough alike to me. Thats awesome that Marvel did that . As for the black actors that want a role, theres always the sequels. my wife was saying this while watching, the only thing this movie was missing is Viola Davis. I can think of a few more people that would probably be in Wakanda. Janelle Monet, for one. Also, Beyonce will be Disney fam after next year... jussayin..

But yeah this has zero to do with Cyborg, or any other black film for that matter. This was the perfect storm of timing, studio, cast, story. This story couldn't happen without everything preceding it and what we know is to come. And it was allowed to be free of the normal American BS because it takes place on the one Continent that the large majority of people look like us. Any other black superhero movie is gonna have to deal with the MAGA bs and politics, and discrimination, and racism.

Seeing a lot of people quoting that last Killmonger line on social media. I expect to start seeing it on t-shirts soon lol

Saw Black Panther a second time this weekend. The first time it was only my son & I. This time we took my wife who thoroughly enjoyed it. She doesn't typically like big budget action films but loved this for the same reason I loved it. Coogler told a great well developed story. Glad to see it doing the numbers it's doing. Still amazed that Iger gave him the creative freedom with this flick & grateful he did. Movie would've been way different if the suits ran production like all the other Marvel movies.

When Panther used that kinetic energy to flip the car :wow:

I know we saw that part a lot in the trailers, but that build up was so damn awesome.

Thought this was a interesting point.

Someone else in the comments mentioned how also Ragnorok and Civil War have the same effect as well. Almost makes me wanna go rewatch Age of Ultron lol it has been a while

No nada... Nothing make age of ultron better. Both avenger films are very crappy movies. robert downey jr's iron man is the same as depp hamming it up as that pirate.

Seeing a lot of people quoting that last Killmonger line on social media. I expect to start seeing it on t-shirts soon lol

90% of everything Killmonger said in the movie can be used as a motivational meme:lol:

Even "hey auntie" can hit home for some people:nerd:

What. Both avengers were crappy?
Now I know you have whack taste.

RDJ has probably the best growth in character then anybody in the MCU

Firstly, whedon is a terrible director & even more terrible writer. A1 was basically him playing with action figures. A middle school student could've come up with the plot - (insert bad guys) are coming to destroy the world, (insert good guys) will defend the earth.

The dialogue in the flick is cringe worthy & the subpar acting kind of highlights that (downey jr hamming it up a la jack sparrow not witstanding).

Loki & his ready made army of alien Chitauri. I love Hiddleston but Loki as the main antagonist is laughable & how he came up with this ready made army is even more so. There is no back story as to why Loki wants to destroy the earth & more so, you don't feel any sense of danger or evil from him like you would say with Ledger's Joker or even D'Onofrio's Kingpin (in Netflix's DD). Is that bcs of Hiddleston whose obviously a very capable actor or the crap script by whedon? Why did the Chitauri agree to help Loki? Where's their back story? Look how meaningless or unharmful they've made Loki in subsequent movies or even at the end of the flick? They render him as a pretty useless character seen more as a joke rather than someone to be reckoned with & yet he's the main antagonist?

Last edited:
When Panther used that kinetic energy to flip the car :wow:

I know we saw that part a lot in the trailers, but that build up was so damn awesome.

With the trumpets blaring too, that **** was AMAZING. The scene was so majestic. I was ready to walk out the theater after that scene, the movie was just too much at that point and then the Okoye scene came in with her grabbing the spear in mid air and I passed out

Back
Top Bottom