WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

But this is the MCU's the empire strikes back.. I mean can't have thanos being a 1 and done villain after all the build up

THAT would have been first Jedi like, building up snoke and captain phasma for both to not really do shh

See my thing if you’re going to do Thanos, DO THANOS. You have him being righteous in a sense with a warped sense of justice. He doesnt brutally kill anyone sans Loki which isn’t “brutal” and Gamora which he does with tears in his ****ing eyes. With today’s technology we couldn’t see bones turn into rubber? Or encasing someone’s head in a box and suffocating them? You have all the gems!!! But to add to that, the inconsistency of what this movie does. Heimdall can teleport without the Bifrost Bridge??? So what really was the point of Ragnarok if Heimdall could have teleported Thor to Asgard this whole time?? If Gamora knew Thanos would stop at nothing to get the stones, why didn’t she try to kill herself earlier? She led him to the soul stone (on a random ****ing planet by the way) only to not want him to get it and try to commit suicide right then and there when she’s had ample time to do it and prevent all of this?? This is just the tip of the iceberg. I personally always thought that Empire Strikes Back was overrated but it’s acclaim comes from the fact that you put the heroes in a state of despair in its ending AND YOU HAD NO IDEA WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT. In contrast, A4 might be the most predictable film of all time. The Russo’s went for shock value by way of source material but literally jumped in the pool with clothes on. You “killed” the most obvious characters that will be resurrected while beating your chest and saying your deaths would be permanent. How are children going to take to Spider-Man dying. How does the general audience take to Black Panther dying. What is the point of any of this whole film when in a years time we’ll look back and say Thanos didn’t really kill them? Just....ridiculous

Y’all (lame) all in y’all feelings. Getting emotional talking about the movie won’t be as successful due to spoilers

It’s like y’all want to be let down
I agree with you man. Some these folks just wanna be negative. Some people are never happy. Sit down and enjoy the movie. Not like Marvel giving you DC quality movies.

Last edited:
Y’all (lame) all in y’all feelings. Getting emotional talking about the movie won’t be as successful due to spoilers

Just judging from the comments on here, looks like I made the right choice by putting the right ppl on block

I don't understand actively searching out spoilers when you're a day away, but to each his own I guess

You should read the spoilers as well so you know what I’m referring to. Somethings are done for purpose and some things are done for shock value. When you do the latter, it hardly ever works and with a film THIS big that was so heavily anticipated you couldn’t afford to do that. Once everyone sees the film officially, including myself tomorrow evening than we can really discuss.

I agree with you man. Some these folks just wanna be negative. Some people are never happy. Sit down and enjoy the movie. Not like Marvel giving you DC quality movies.

You hear yourself now fam? :lol: “ME” of all people want to be negative of a Marvel film? And Infinity War at that?????? :lol: My love of Marvel runs way too deep but I’ll always call a spade a spade. There are things that go down in this movie that are indefensible. Marvel isn’t above criticism. And with this movie being one of those most anticipated films ever my expectations were extremely high and because of that my critique is going to be at a higher standard as well. I’m eager for us to discuss once we’ve all seen the movie.

For I am transformed! I have left the mortal plane behind me! In truth I have risen above the mantle of godhood! Even celestial status is now below me! The Infinity Gems have given me the power of Supreme Being!

Thanos is upon us..

Fools taking up arms against omnipotence. They rush head-on into Armageddon. So I shall provide them with a most glorious doomsday! The heavens will run red with blood. But in the end, as always, Thanos will stand triumphant.

He is coming..

This movie got me feeling depressed even after the end credits scene. Need someone to talk to about that final sequence

See my thing if you’re going to do Thanos, DO THANOS. You have him being righteous in a sense with a warped sense of justice. He doesnt brutally kill anyone sans Loki which isn’t “brutal” and Gamora which he does with tears in his ****ing eyes. With today’s technology we couldn’t see bones turn into rubber? Or encasing someone’s head in a box and suffocating them? You have all the gems!!! But to add to that, the inconsistency of what this movie does. Heimdall can teleport without the Bifrost Bridge??? So what really was the point of Ragnarok if Heimdall could have teleported Thor to Asgard this whole time?? If Gamora knew Thanos would stop at nothing to get the stones, why didn’t she try to kill herself earlier? She led him to the soul stone (on a random ****ing planet by the way) only to not want him to get it and try to commit suicide right then and there when she’s had ample time to do it and prevent all of this?? This is just the tip of the iceberg. I personally always thought that Empire Strikes Back was overrated but it’s acclaim comes from the fact that you put the heroes in a state of despair in its ending AND YOU HAD NO IDEA WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT. In contrast, A4 might be the most predictable film of all time. The Russo’s went for shock value by way of source material but literally jumped in the pool with clothes on. You “killed” the most obvious characters that will be resurrected while beating your chest and saying your deaths would be permanent. How are children going to take to Spider-Man dying. How does the general audience take to Black Panther dying. What is the point of any of this whole film when in a years time we’ll look back and say Thanos didn’t really kill them? Just....ridiculous

I’m right there with on the teleportation without the bifrost thing...Legit scratched my head at that one...Makes no sense in the continuity of the universe and what was set up in Ragnorok...

As for Gamora though...I think her whole plan was to distract Thanos long enough so that it bought Thor the time to create Stormbreaker, which at the time seemed like the most logical way to actually stop Thanos...Unfortunately she was working under the assumption that he wouldn’t be able to gain access to the soul stone since he loved nothing, thus he wouldn’t be able to unlock the full power of the gauntlet...In reality it just dawned on her at that exact moment that he did in fact love her and that he was legit going to complete the gauntlet...She saw killing herself right there as the final option to stopping him...

I hate to give it the title simply because there were so many characters in it. This was the greatest marvel movie ever made.
Don't get me wrong TWS still my favorite, but this is great.
I didn't read the last 10 pages so if yall wanna talk about it hit me up now i'll be up another hour or so.

Was going to cop a Thanos shirt but I waited too long, not enough time to get it before IW. Posted this before, rocking this joint

AC8T_1_201706181156036160.jpg

I have a Black Panther beanie which I wore to both BP viewings I attended. Doesn't really go with the color scheme this time around.

I hate to give it the title simply because there were so many characters in it. This was the greatest marvel movie ever made.
I didn't read the last 10 pages so if yall wanna talk about it hit me up now i'll be up another hour or so.

Does it break the MCU barrier and enter TDK or Logan territory of being just a great overall film in general?
I get it, if it doesn't. This one seems to pack a bit more into it emotionally(something I've felt is needed to give an MCU that push)
How'd you feel in those terms

Does it break the MCU barrier and enter TDK or Logan territory of being just a great overall film in general?
I get it, if it doesn't. This one seems to pack a bit more into it emotionally(something I've felt is needed to give an MCU that push)

I wouldn’t say TDK or Logan as far as where this movie goes...Those movies are very grounded and feel real...

Infinity War is about as close to a comic book as we’ve ever gotten on film...It’s also a very somber film...I felt drained after I watched it...Very much akin to Empire Strikes Back...

This is the first moment of doubt I have in the movie.. tdogg could tell me the sky is blue and I'd still need to go outside and check

I'm too lazy for spoiler tags, I didn't overly Spoil anything, but read at your own risk
READ
AT
YOUR
OWN
RISK

tdogg2k tdogg2k is currently watching the film if I’m not mistaken. Ready to discuss with him. I want to discuss one of the jarring points of the film I’m questioning right now.
Fury had Captain Marvel on speed dial this whole time :stoneface:
Yes

Did Widow die too? Was it just the big 4 that survived?[/spoilers]
no

@goldmember lets talk, because a lot of posters don’t have the guts to question what they are seeing.

1.) what are your thoughts about Banner not being able to transform into Hulk after Thanos comes on the Asgardian ship and Thor’s side plot being pointless? Does it seem in your opinion that the Russo’s don’t know how to incorporate Thor and Hulk in a story and not have them be OP figures?

2.) Spider-Man’s role in the movie seems to be only for show, from using the legs to save Dr. Strange to his emotional beat of telling Tony he doesn’t want to die. What are your overarching thoughts on how they incorporated him. I’m assuming his standout scene may be against Black Dwarf, eager to hear thoughts.

3.) Red Skull’s appearance with soul stone seems overtly forced. Is it even Hugo Weaving playing him? Thoughts please.

4.) The movie seems to not give a REAL reason as to why Thanos wants to balance the universe, at least a reason in line with the character. It’s as if Thanos is a misunderstood good guy? Thoughts please.

5.) Fury having access to Captain Marvel this whole time. Killing the newer character incorporated into the MCU they obviously are in the future plans and turning A4 into the most predictable film in cinema history. Just the whole scope of the film. What are your overall impressions?
[/spoilers]
1. At first I was upset, but then after watching more I understood. He did get that work. as far as having them be OP i don't think this movie would have had that be a problem. Especially for the scene that they were needed. They had no problem for Thor being that.
2. He was done very well in this movie. nice little quips. he was basically used like he was in CW3
3. Not forced, I was excited. Not sure about the actor. His explanation made sense.
4. I'm not up to date on the Thanos comic, but from what my wife and friend said they understood his reasoning well and they're not comic heads. Thanos IS this movie. Very well acted, very well done.
5. That scene and with the upcomming movie, yea A4 is going to be super perdictable. Still will be fun to watch.

I'ma be honest with you. I dont know. This film was great... It bought everything you wanted feels, action, comedy, drama. TDK was real. and it was singular. This was emotional, but there was still so much more going on that you almost didn't have time to feel that way since the scene jumping was pretty fast.

I'm too lazy for spoiler tags, I didn't overly Spoil anything, but read at your own risk
READ
AT
YOUR
OWN
RISK

Yes

no

1. At first I was upset, but then after watching more I understood. He did get that work. as far as having them be OP i don't think this movie would have had that be a problem. Especially for the scene that they were needed. They had no problem for Thor being that.
2. He was done very well in this movie. nice little quips. he was basically used like he was in CW3
3. Not forced, I was excited. Not sure about the actor. His explanation made sense.
4. I'm not up to date on the Thanos comic, but from what my wife and friend said they understood his reasoning well and they're not comic heads. Thanos IS this movie. Very well acted, very well done.
5. That scene and with the upcomming movie, yea A4 is going to be super perdictable. Still will be fun to watch.

I'ma be honest with you. I dont know. This film was great... It bought everything you wanted feels, action, comedy, drama. TDK was real. and it was singular. This was emotional, but there was still so much more going on that you almost didn't have time to feel that way since the scene jumping was pretty fast.

I can agree with most of this right here...

Especially the fact that the movie moved very fast...I think that’s why I kind of felt like I was beat up at the end...Almost like I needed to catch up and get my head around what happened...

Back
Top Bottom