WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

To hell with spoiler tags. I’m not sure if it’s been discussed but what did y’all think of the movie? :lol: :nthat: just left blue flame and couldn’t stop thinking about the cinematography in the film while *** is all in my face. Review in the morning

:lol:

Just got home from Hollywood at 310 AM, last thoughts but damn I thought I had an idea of what was gonna happen but this movie hit me with nonstop surprises and twists. Good times :frown:

200AA53C-9439-4116-BB62-F9CD07040E41.jpeg

The subtle call backs to previous movies like

Wasp calling Steve “ Cap “and the look on Antmans face ...Spider-Man activating instant kill mode
instant kill mode :lol:
That one had me laughing through the tears

Loved the kinetic shield blasts from BP when he had the gauntlet

The hammer and shield call back from Cap when he had mjolnir :nthat:

He didn’t know the stones were destroyed at that point. Doesn’t sound heroic or worthy to completely give up at that point. They all failed to stop Thanos but they at least tried to undo it while Stark wouldn’t give them anything even if knew or could.

Tony tried to make a shield to protect the Earth and made Ultron.
That he didnt know doesnt matter.

At that point it makes perfect sense for Tony given he gave it all he had, lost, and was almost dead cuz of it. There's the idea heroism and then actual heroism.

Ite cuz Tony had nothing which was a part of why he was so angry. Excuse him for not being gung ho to go face Thanos again after 50% of life is wiped out and he's close to death himself.

I'm just saying Tony was right. He said they were lose. They lost. Cap said they would lose together. He lied.

It really isn't Tony's fault the mind stone corrupted his idea. Its still sound.

Then when its all said and done its Tony sacrificing his life to save the day.

Beyond worthy.

Eh, not when he first got back to Earth. He saw Pepper was still alive and basically told em to go **** yourselves when it came to finding and fighting Thanos again.

Also he was willing to sacrifice himself for others at the end of the first Avengers but he still wasn’t worthy to pick up Mjolnir in AoU.
Those things are years a part.

Tony risked being stranded or death in Avengers but it is not at all the same thing as in Endgame. He knew for a fact the outcome and did it anyway.

Meanwhile, did Cap even touch the gauntlet or even reach for it? :nerd:

Last edited:
That bugged me...

They specifically said if you go back and change something in the past it won’t affect the timeline your currently in, but instead would create an alternate timeline...

If that’s the case then old man Cap shouldn’t have been there at the end because him going back and living his life with Peggy would’ve itself been an alternate timeline...

Since he was there then that says that he was always the person Peggy married...In that case then in Cap’s past movies it showed that they had kids...Thus his great niece (Sharon Carter) hooked up with him knowing she was related to him :sick:...

Another issue I had...Steve would’ve been good with just letting Bucky go through years of torture as the Winter Soldier? Or willingly allow Hydra to take over Shield? Not save Tony’s parents from Bucky? Doesn’t seem like stuff Captain America, as based in this universe, would’ve been good with doing...

Quoting myself from earlier in the thread...#NotMySteve might be something along these lines...

Theres a #NotMySteve hashtag on twitter lol wanna talk more bout it but dont know how to put spoiler here yet lol

Here's something I'm confused about

When Steve in WS is visiting Peggy and she's all old or whatever, was she supposed to have been

Married to old Steve? So old Steve just been around the whole time? He ain't go to Peggy funeral?

Regarding that one team up scene...

The girl power scene...

As cool as it looked I think they could’ve definitely played it at a better spot or at least framed it better...

They literally just showed Marvel take out Thanos’s ship alone...She didn’t need anybody to help her get through that army...They even followed it with her getting a full on head butting from a Gauntlet wearing Thanos and not even flinching :lol:...

If anything they could’ve had the ladies, minus Marvel, have they’re group shot then bring Marvel in at the tail end of that to save EVERYBODY...

I don’t know...I just kind of chuckled at that while watching...

Yes and no. 2 for 70 years but one eventually goes back so its one. The other one just made sure to stay out the way.
Right but just staying out of the way isn't in his character imo :lol: . I figured that we would go back for the 70 years the og cap was in ice and jump back when he was out, but that leaves some time i between then no.
Another question for y'all

Rhodey, Rocket, and Bruce are trapped under the rubble. Rhodey ditches his suit to save Rocket. Ant-Man goes to save all of them. Where did Rhodey find a completely new never before seen suit in all that rubble? :rofl:

Also rfx45 rfx45 I caught the error with Ant-Man fixing the quantum tunnel in the van and giant Ant-Man in the background

That's when I said I KNEW IT!

I was happy his story was done.

And that solution was an idea I always had for the comics. Send fam back to go live a life. Just take some his blood to make a ss serum for somebody worthy.
My problem isn't so much with what happened but how it all happened. For a 3 hour movie it seemed rushed. There was no inclination that he was going to retire. If it weren't for outside sources from Evans and such, and fan speculation before going into the movie that scene would have come out of nowhere.

When Steve in WS is visiting Peggy and she's all old or whatever, was she supposed to have been

Married to old Steve? So old Steve just been around the whole time? He ain't go to Peggy funeral?

As explained in the mechanics of the movie...I say yes...Couldn’t have been anybody else otherwise that would’ve been a whole separate
timeline...And if it was in fact a whole different timeline then old man Steve wouldn’t have been there at the end...

They mentioned time travel rules from previous movies and I figured it was just him staying in the background without changing anything major. Plus, with Peggy’s alzheimer's disease, it’s plausible.

My only two minor questions are;

Can I just assume Odin just forged Thor a new Hammer in that timeline?

And does that mean Steve kissed granddaughter in Civil War?

Gotta assume mjolner went back when cap dropped of the aether, since Thor would kinda need it.. easier to get that back since all he has to do is drop it off, getting the aether back in Jane is another issue

Yeaaaaaaasaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I'm going assume Steve and bringing THAT one up

They mentioned time travel rules from previous movies and I figured it was just him staying in the background without changing anything major. Plus, with Peggy’s alzheimer's disease, it’s plausible.

My only two minor questions are;

Nowhere near enough info shown regarding the hammer but I kind of think he replaced it at the same time he put the aether back...

And...As explains in the movie...Sharon Carter did kiss her great uncle...

They can’t explain it away as being a separate timeline because old man Cap wouldn’t have been there at the end...

At least this is the way I look at it...

Now the argument could be made that Cap saves some / got more Pym Particles to use and bring himself back as when he reached an old age to meet with Sam and Bucky...This wasn’t how it was framed at all though...

Back
Top Bottom