WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Yeah but people acting like scarlet should shut up even if disney broke the terms of the agreement / contract.

i mean before the actual court case, kinda hard to take any side

i assume if there was explicit language regarding exclusively in theaters or regarding streaming services, disney would settle quickly

but I’m assuming scarlet is trying to get public sympathy and get disney to settle from thar perspective since the streaming option wasnt addressed within the contract

i haven’t read anything about this just because I don’t care enough.. but just seeing how public it has gotten, I assume that’s what happened

Yeah but people acting like scarlet should shut up even if disney broke the terms of the agreement / contract.
Disney didn’t break the terms of the contract tho. She was under the impression it was gonna be a theater release only, she gets a cut of ticket sales but not streams.

Depends on when the contract was signed

although it seemed kinda inevitable that the streaming sites would do what disney did, change a premium to be able to watch at home

didn’t see the hbo model where they just give you the movie.. but it seemed to make sense what disney did, then maybe the movie theaters would sue

I haven't fully read into it, but did she get any bread from the streams? If not then that's shady af and definitely strategic by Disney to try and get around what was originally agreed to. However, if this is all because she didn't get as much as anticipated, after being given some of that D+ bread too, then tough luck because it's the times we're in.

End of the day, attorneys are going to try and make a case that this had the potential to be a $1B, which based on MCU historically wouldn't be completely BS. It's also indicative that this has been THE MOST pirated movie as reported by some off torrent data.

I haven't fully read into it, but did she get any bread from the streams? If not then that's shady af and definitely strategic by Disney to try and get around what was originally agreed to. However, if this is all because she didn't get as much as anticipated, after being given some of that D+ bread too, then tough luck because it's the times we're in.

End of the day, attorneys are going to try and make a case that this had the potential to be a $1B, which based on MCU historically wouldn't be completely BS. It's also indicative that this has been THE MOST pirated movie as reported by some off torrent data.

not sure what exactly would be shady form disney’s part

but it depends on the language in the contract and things discussed in negotiations

but practically speaking before the pandemic it made business sense for disney or any other entity with a streaming service to offer their movies at a premium via that streaming service.. I mean in theory, it’s not new to have payment based avenues receive movies before they’re released on say HBO

personally speaking, at this point in life I don’t want to be in crowded room even before the pandemic.. I enjoy going to theaters, but not when it’s crowded but I also want to be able to see certain movies as soon as i can.. so for certain movies I’d be more than willing to pay to watch early in the comfort of my own home and not fighting over the armrest and then I’ll go to a theater once crowds die down

hbomax and disney+ make it too easy to pirate the movies by putting them up. disney lost their minds charging $30 for premiere movie access, that's the price of 3 movie tickets.

hbomax and disney+ make it too easy to pirate the movies by putting them up. disney lost their minds charging $30 for premiere movie access, that's the price of 3 movie tickets.

hbo max doing that shh completely wrong

I mean I don’t mind since I have it.. but I got zero insensitive to even attempt to go out and see one of their movies at a theater

at least with disney, they haven’t had a movie yet that it would legit be a debate for me cause I don’t feel pressed to see it in theaters or pay all of that to watch in home.. but end game, I’d pay that $30 in a heartbeat

IATT IATT Disney probably didn't have intentions, when their agreement with Scarlett was signed years ago, to drop on D+ simultaneously with actual release because it wasn't logical at that point but the pandemic changed everything. I believe it's shady because it seems like they figured out the language in the contract (or lack thereof) left an opportunity for them to recoup some money at the expense of Scarlett by releasing it on D+ automatically. Again, this is under the assumption that she didn't get any of the D+ money.

I know that John Kransinski and Emily Blunt threatened to sue WB if Quiet Place 2 was placed on stream and not pushed for theatric release first, which lead to it being a theatric only for a while and did pretty well. My question then is, why wait until weeks after BW's release to do this? Put the heat on Disney months ago and they wouldn't have made BW Premier Content on D+ at launch...

Anyways I'm ready for Shang Chi!

Where you live? A movie ticket will run you 20 bones here in NY :lol:

Last edited:
S

Yeah if me and the wife go, it's cheaper to grab it on Disney+. I can also pause, rewind and invite friends over to watch.

She thinks its lost revenue and I would agree if this was before the pandemic but during? Nah, I wasn't planning on going to the movies to see anything and would have waited til Oct to watch on Disney plus for free.

I know half the folks in here are in the wrestling thread and was curious, so wrestlers get cuts from Network and Peacock monthly specials like they used to get from PPV revenue? I figured it was only a matter of time this happened with actors and streaming services so I'm not surprised. I agree ScarJo probably banked on getting a lot of support from fellow actors and the general audience.

S

I'm in NY as well. Just checked and I paid $3 to go watch spidey far from home. Had an amc rewards member discount plus another bonus discount. Had to pay an extra $1.70 bs online convenience fee though.

Last edited:
jungle cruise just released. Wonder if the rock had a similar deal.

some are saying emily blunt might

but as far as scarjo, disney implied she got $20m initially and has more room to make money because it was streamed, not sure how but it seems like she might be making more either way

as for the $50m she could have made, that was under the impression the movie was going to be a big hit, that might be like if they made Avengers numbers which i highly doubt it would have, i think thats how much RDJ made with the back-end on those films (~$50m extra) but thats on a movie that made close to $3bil...

According to a new report from Forbes, Downey received a US$20 million salary up front, as well as 8 per cent on the movie's back-end points. This means he gets a percentage of the profits, which came to an additional US$55 million.

so id like to see where the $50m figure is coming from for BW unless she got a deal where her percentage is like 20%?

but disney is legit scared to anger anyone, its this dude...

Kevin Feige Reportedly Angry With Disney Regarding “Black Widow” Lawsuit

Marvel President Kevin Feige is reportedly upset with Disney over the situation. Former The Hollywood Reporter editor Matthew Belloni reported in a What I’m Hearing… newsletter that Feige is, “a company man, and not prone to corporate showdowns or shouting matches. But I’m told he’s angry and embarrassed. He lobbied Disney against the day-and-date plan for Black Widow, preferring the big screen exclusivity and not wanting to upset his talent. And then when the sh** hit the fan, the movie started tanking, and Johansson’s team threatened litigation, he wanted Disney to make this right with her. (Disney declined to comment on Feige.)”

Scarlett got the short end of the stick but she had a hand in Black Widow being killed off by not wanting to renew or going the Disney + series route which was rumored early in the inception of D+. Both parties will settle out of court and we’ll see Johansson as Widow again before the end of the decade

I hope whoever needs to get paid does, but Covid was unforeseen and movie are in the ****ter right now.

All this said…….. BW was ***

1627652914157.jpeg

lmao why the hell is Awkwafina on the poster. what the hell is she gonna going to do tell jokes????

Back
Top Bottom