WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Said Guardians of the Galaxy were obscure at first as well, but with COVID still impacting cinema, we’ll just have to see.
The Guardians argument for anything being possible needs to end. Guardians had a successful, current, ongoing comic run for 6 years at the time of the film’s release. Source material matters. Shang-chi has been on the shelf for 38 years. I’m not saying Shang-Chi can’t be successful but the success of Guardians is not a relevant indicator.

The Guardians argument for anything being possible needs to end. Guardians had a successful, current, ongoing comic run for 6 years at the time of the film’s release. Source material matters. Shang-chi has been on the shelf for 38 years. I’m not saying Shang-Chi can’t be successful but the success of Guardians is not a relevant indicator.
Guardians success has absolutely 0 to do with a “successful” comic run.

My kids are of the same mix. Maybe I need a Batista poster in the garage gym?:lol:

batista-tattoo.png

:emoji_fire: :lol:

Guardians success has absolutely 0 to do with a “successful” comic run.
I always felt like GOTG was a self imposed challenge for Marvel Studios. Like they were trying to see if the can turn nothing into something. I’ve always wondered, tho, what if Guardians flopped??

I always felt like GOTG was a self imposed challenge for Marvel Studios. Like they were trying to see if the can turn nothing into something. I’ve always wondered, tho, what if Guardians flopped??
Maybe Feige saved that for episode 4

They would've kept them around but would've tried to hit it big with another cosmic flick

you act as if the general audience was actually keeping up with their current comic run. They weren’t. Source material of course matters, but there’s probably a good chance majority of the general audience aren’t running out to check out the source material of these characters.

you act as if the general audience was actually keeping up with their current comic run. They weren’t. Source material of course matters, but there’s probably a good chance majority of the general audience aren’t running out to check out the source material of these characters.
The audience’s familiarity with the source material doesn’t matter. The general audience to any movie hasn’t read the book. But the existence of source material matters. Always. Those characters and team dynamic existed and was good and relevant, whether the audience knew it or not.

Is that not contradicting? Audience’s familiarity doesn’t matter, but they have source material that exists matters? All these characters do if that’s the case. It’s about creating a good and compelling story on screen that attracts the GA and draws them in.

Is that not contradicting? Audience’s familiarity doesn’t matter, but they have source material that exists matters? All these characters do if that’s the case. It’s about creating a good and compelling story on screen that attracts the GA and draws them in.
Right. How many movies have you watched and enjoyed, only to find out it was a book adaptation some time later? Source material matters….to an extent.

I think with the lesser known stuff, trailers will influence box office a lot. If it looks good and fun, people will give it a chance. Didn't the first suicide squad make good money?

Right. How many movies have you watched and enjoyed, only to find out it was a book adaptation some time later? Source material matters….to an extent.
Happened to me with the Watchmen movie. A few years later I learned the director decided a bomb was a much easier pitch than the whole summoning an inter-galactic squid the size of a continent. I understood :lol:

Happened to me with the Watchmen movie. A few years later I learned the director decided a bomb was a much easier pitch than the whole summoning an inter-galactic squid the size of a continent. I understood :lol:
It’s funny cause then the show does the Squid and no one blinks an eye while watching. Snyder could have pulled it off.

Back
Top Bottom