WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

6/8

Tony Leung was great
Michelle Yeoh was really good
Awkwafina was a lil too much with the comedy relief
The action was dope
Still undecided on how feel about being so fantasy heavy in the final act

Watching in IMAX today at 1215. I hope danger style danger style joins me.
agatha-wink.gif

I caught a matinee viewing of Shang-Chi.

I thought it was pretty good.

I really liked the action sequences. They had a real beat 'em up video game style to them.

The plot was decent enough, but it could've been a bit shorter (minor complaint) though.

I liked all of the characters in the film, even Awkwafina's. I also enjoyed the return of a character from a previous film. (No spoilers)

Even though the final act was your standard big CGI-fest, I liked most of it.

Eight out of Ten Rings.

I've seen attractive women with hairy arms before. They were latina or indian with dark hair though.

AVENGERS: ENDGAME Directors At An "Impasse" With Marvel Over Next MCU Project After BLACK WIDOW Lawsuit

The Wall Street Journal has run an in-depth piece of Scarlett Johansson's legal battle with Disney about how Black Widow was released (and the financial impact that had on her). It makes for interesting reading, but there's a big reveal in there that could have major consequences for the MCU.

While Joe and Anthony Russo are taking some time off from this shared world, it seems obvious they would eventually return. Whether that's for Avengers 5, another Captain America movie, or even Secret Wars remains to be seen, but talks between the filmmakers and Marvel Studios are said to have stalled (confirming that they were indeed looking to take the helm of another MCU movie).

"Since the lawsuit, brothers Joe Russo and Anthony Russo, directors of Marvel’s 'Avengers: Endgame,' the highest-grossing movie of all time, hit an impasse in negotiations to direct another Marvel movie," the site confirms. "The Johansson dispute left them unsure how their next movie would be distributed and how they would be paid, according to people familiar with the matter."

oh, and

It wasn’t Abomination 😂😂😂😂😂😂. IDK what that was at all. ……..No tim Roth, no abomination……I don’t think. That didn’t look **** like abomination to me.

SHANG-CHI AND THE LEGEND OF THE TEN RINGS Producer Reveals Whether Tim Roth Voices Abomination

During a recent interview with The Direct, producer Jonathan Schwartz confirmed that "Roth did some vocalization for us...he certainly was part of that process."

"There will be more of Abomination to come, so more of that story to be told," he continued. "With regards to Shang-Chi , it sort of came down to who would be the coolest character for this moment? Who do we want to see in that ring? And then understanding who would make sense for whatever ongoing stories they have going on out there in the bigger universe."

Shang-Chi was good. I was entertained and I thought the fight choreography was great. Tony Leung brought another element to the movie. Definitely recommend it.
Sucks for those that already judged the movie based off the first trailer.

Mid-Credit scene got me thinking too. Nice cameos.

I thought Wong was asking Strange his thoughts but seeing Banner and Cap. Marvel was really interesting. Also cool to see Wong do his own thing. Curious as to how and why he was part of that Fight Club lol.

that was definitely Abomination and it was cool how comic-accurate he looked.

Saw Shang Chi, thought it was pretty good 6.5/8 for now. I liked Simu and AF's dynamic, she wasn't annoying or overbearing at all. Sister was badass, wish she had more to do which it seems like she might. Tony Leung was great, another good relatable villain by Marvel (lost love, losing his ****). The rings as a superpower were much more cooler than I thought they were gonna be. Wasn't a fan of the 3rd act as i'm not big on the big ol CGI punch em ups so I won't judge that portion too harsh. I only enjoyed Endgame's really because of the masterful callbacks, matchups and big emotional moment.

Shang-Chi was good. I was entertained and I thought the fight choreography was great. Tony Leung brought another element to the movie. Definitely recommend it.
Sucks for those that already judged the movie based off the first trailer.

Mid-Credit scene got me thinking too. Nice cameos.

I thought Wong was asking Strange his thoughts but seeing Banner and Cap. Marvel was really interesting. Also cool to see Wong do his own thing. Curious as to how and why he was part of that Fight Club lol.

that was definitely Abomination and it was cool how comic-accurate he looked.
Mans didn't have enough money for a sandwich, he had to get paid

Back
Top Bottom