WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

Just saw it today. May need to watch it one more time, but I'm comfortable saying that it'll crack my Top 5 of the MCU.

My main gripe with the film is the shift in conflict in the end. I really didn't think it was needed. IMO, the divide caused by whether to sign up or not was enough. Then again, I can see why established friends who have been exposed to (what amounts to) a policy difference would be hesitant to really battle each other.

Like I said though, may need to watch it again to let everything sink in.

Half the reason Tony even wanted to sign was for yamz smh

Pepper wanted him done with being IM

He didn't want to stop

He was hoping the accords would 'split the difference'

People talking about Cap started a civil war over Bucky

Tony did it for yamz
Why did Pepper want Tony to stop?

It seems Tony actually cared about saving people.
The stress of her boyfriend flying around fighting evil every week with a high chance of being killed

I'm sure it's hella stressful
Is it as stressful as donning a suit and saving hundreds/thousands of lives around the world while risking your life for the greater good?

This is my favorite "Avengers" movie so far. Aside from some cringe worthy punchlines during the Civil War battle, I really enjoyed it. Good to see Spidey back on the big screen again too.

Is it too late to jump on the Black Panther bandwagon? Very excited for his solo film.

*goes to read his comics*

It wasn't actually 'We can't tell Tony, he wouldn't believe us'

It was 'Who knows if the accords would even let him help'

Doesn't really matter. He didn't believe them anyway. :lol:

Half the reason Tony even wanted to sign was for yamz smh

Pepper wanted him done with being IM

He didn't want to stop

He was hoping the accords would 'split the difference'

People talking about Cap started a civil war over Bucky

Tony did it for yamz

Why did Pepper want Tony to stop?

It seems Tony actually cared about saving people.
The stress of her boyfriend flying around fighting evil every week with a high chance of being killed

I'm sure it's hella stressful

Is it as stressful as donning a suit and saving hundreds/thousands of lives around the world while risking your life for the greater good?
Different type of stress

It's like a mom who's son is fighting in the army. She spends all day worrying about if her son is okay and every time the phone rings it could be bad news.

When and how did Cap find out what happened to tony's parents? I don't remember that part.

When and how did Cap find out what happened to tony's parents? I don't remember that part.

In Winter Soldier, Zola told Cap that Hydra had Tony's parents eliminated. At the end of WS, BW gave Cap files on Bucky and then he put two and two together.

Watching the Avengers right now on FX. Man Tony's entrance with AC/DC playing was so epic. That suit was beautiful

wait so at the airport fight, cap and bucky get into the quinjet and fly to russia ASAP

Tony takes WM to the hospital, waits in the hospital for a bit and has a conversation with vision, then has a conversation with black widow, then reads the news while flying to the underwater jail, then talks to ross for a bit, then talks to team cap and eventually gets cap's location, then he gets in his suit in the helicopter and gets to the place in russia like 5 minutes after cap and bucky get there?

how sway? 

Captain America doesn't know how to fly a jet.

Last time he flew a jet:

Last edited:
Thinking about it, just putting the un in charge is irresponsible, they have no history of governing superheroes. If there is control, there should be some internal governance.

and another example of government incompetence, why do quinjets not have some sort of tracking system so that they dont keep losing it

My thoughts..

Just seen it and I gotta say it was pretty good. For me it was more Avengers than TWS in terms of feel and I say that because the story wasn't that strong (Avengers) but had plenty of OMG (Avengers) but the seriousness and heart of the film was TWS.

I'm not going to lie. Most of this film felt unnecessary to me. It felt like most these characters were forced in the film. There wasn't any need for half the characters but to be called Civil War you needed to add more players. Story could've been so much stronger but there's a lot of people who make decisions on these films and have to do what they feel is right.

I think the ending would've been better if Cap gave himself up on the assurance that every member of his team would be let go. But considering this movie was about capturing Bucky, that wouldn't have been enough.

I was rolling at Bucky getting washed by the other Winter Soldiers even tho he had the bionic arm. He's ****** trash lol. I feel it would've been better if they had said Howard perfected a variation of the super soldier serum which would explain why the other Winter Soldiers were washing Bucky.

I don't know how #teamcap should feel about their hero. He essentially did all this to help his friend. It's like he said to Scarlet Witch after the incident. You mention Bucky and he gets blinded. He was blinded the whole movie. I will say this, the thing about Cap is if he did that for Bucky, he'd do it for each and every member of his team. I can respect that but I can't agree with it. He went too far. Even if Bucky was innocent of that latest crime, there's plenty others that he needed to at least stand trial for.

Like many have said, Black Panther stole the show for me. When they were looking to cast someone I was on every Cinemablend and Moviepilot post scream for Chadwick Boseman and I'm so ****** proud of this dudes performance. To most it's just another Marvel character but as a Black man I appreciate Boseman bringing this character to life. He's fictional but damn if it doesn't feel good to have a African King who's rich, family oriented, proud, powerful, strong and very intelligent. I wish we got a hint into his intelligence but I'm sure the movie will bring it into focus.

Spider-man was perfect in his role. I loved the way they showed his innocence as a boy but his heart as being Spider-man. He really was a boy among men out there and they really showed it. For every punch he landed there were plenty of mistakes and that's what I liked about it. Every incarnation of Spidey was "born ready". This versions imperfections made him perfect. I'm a huge Garfield fan but we might be seeing the best version yet.

The action was pretty good. Definitely cut from the same cloth as TWS. Black Widow was dope. It just seems like they're constantly going out of their way to give her an expands des role. To make her better in every film that she's in but at the expense of other characters. I think if anyone was getting the time and focus she's given they would like good too. I'm a big Scarlett Johannson fan (bigger fan before the breast reduction haha) but I rather they just go ahead and give her a solo film than keep overshadowing others for her.

I like how they didn't super overpower Scarlet Witch like I thought they would. Like how I swear they've been doing with Black Widow.

Tony going Wolverine berserker mode (not really) after he seen Bucky kill his parents was a highlight. Tony really loved his mom. Hearing his dad scream while being beat to death had me in my feels.

For whatever reasons, my favorite scenes were;

T'Challa fighting Bucky without the suit. Just thought it was ****** amazing. No suit and still kickin ***!

Black Widow fighting Bucky. The sound of her hits thumping Bucky from the opposite side of the glass was cool.

Tony blasting Falcon after Rhodes went down was great! Was a sad moment but all I could see was Hulk punching Thor lol.

Tony in the helicopter armoring up through his finger was filthy!

Though it was dope how Vision cannonballed Ant-man (Giant Man).

"Can you scoot your seat up?"

Going to see it again Wednesday to see how it feels on a second go around. Let it settle in my mind before seeing it again.

Back
Top Bottom