WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

YouTube has really turned into more of a cess pool than it already is over this movie. Was watching reviews and a few by some white supremacist trolls popped up with their usual nonsense.

These clowns are really triggered by black folks having remotely anything to enjoy, even if it’s in fiction. What a sad group of bum losers. 99% of blockbuster movies feature white casts. One almost all black cast is winning and you have a mental breakdown.

Enjoyed Black Panther a lot. Totally unfamiliar with BP's role in the marvel universe, but then again I don't know how all the previous movies tie, but BP was great an has me interested in how the story goes forward.

YouTube has really turned into more of a cess pool than it already is over this movie. Was watching reviews and a few by some white supremacist trolls popped up with their usual nonsense.

These clowns are really triggered by black folks having remotely anything to enjoy, even if it’s in fiction. What a sad group of bum losers. 99% of blockbuster movies feature white casts. One almost all black cast is winning and you have a mental breakdown.
To see how 'small' they kept the CIA guy's role (though his actions played a big part) get so little time on screen an realize that's how Hollywood does other people\characters of color all theme made me smile some.

To see how 'small' they kept the CIA guy's role (though his actions played a big part) get so little time on screen an realize that's how Hollywood does other people\characters of color all theme made me smile some.
Yea secret agent man played what would've normally have been the token black guy role. It was a little eye opening for me

Firstly, whedon is a terrible director & even more terrible writer. A1 was basically him playing with action figures. A middle school student could've come up with the plot - (insert bad guys) are coming to destroy the world, (insert good guys) will defend the earth.

The dialogue in the flick is cringe worthy & the subpar acting kind of highlights that (downey jr hamming it up a la jack sparrow not witstanding).

Loki & his ready made army of alien Chitauri. I love Hiddleston but Loki as the main antagonist is laughable & how he came up with this ready made army is even more so. There is no back story as to why Loki wants to destroy the earth & more so, you don't feel any sense of danger or evil from him like you would say with Ledger's Joker or even D'Onofrio's Kingpin (in Netflix's DD). Is that bcs of Hiddleston whose obviously a very capable actor or the crap script by whedon? Why did the Chitauri agree to help Loki? Where's their back story? Look how meaningless or unharmful they've made Loki in subsequent movies or even at the end of the flick? They render him as a pretty useless character seen more as a joke rather than someone to be reckoned with & yet he's the main antagonist?

Loki didn’t want to destroy Earth, he wanted to rule it. He’s only attacking New York, where the Avengers are located, not the entire planet.

The Chitauri didn’t agree to help Loki, the Chitauri was part of Thanos’ army which he sent to help Loki, and in return for ruling Earth he’d give Thanos the tesseract.

Loki wants to rule Earth because like all Asgardians he views Earth as inferior, the weakest of the Nine Realms which makes Earth easy for him to conquest and rule. You could even argue he was doing it to spite Thor who loves Midguard. I mean all this is in the movie. Years ago some of us in here even believed that this was all part of Loki’s plan in order to get back to Asgard and get his revenge, which actually worked out as he was King of Asgard for a while and even banished Odin himself.

Thor 1 and Avengers he was a huge threat. Thor 2 he was imprisoned by Odin and “died” by the guy who was giving Thor them 808s and heartbreaks. I agree, he didn’t need to be in Ragnarok but he’s been the bright spot of all the Thor films so naturally he was put in it.

Storm was nothing more than a prop used by a writer in a bad story arc, PLEASE keep her away from T'Challa. If they lose Lupita, we gonna have words.. :angry::angry::angry:

Nice to see someone who actually reads comics. Anyone else find it interesting in the Bucky post credit scene that White Wolf was mentioned?

With the trumpets blaring too, that **** was AMAZING. The scene was so majestic. I was ready to walk out the theater after that scene, the movie was just too much at that point and then the Okoye scene came in with her grabbing the spear in mid air and I passed out

So dope. The “never freeze” scene tho >>>

“What you talking about? I never freeze.”

That confidence and swagger of a King of the most powerful country in the world.

Loki didn’t want to destroy Earth, he wanted to rule it. He’s only attacking New York, where the Avengers are located, not the entire planet.

The Chitauri didn’t agree to help Loki, the Chitauri was part of Thanos’ army which he sent to help Loki, and in return for ruling Earth he’d give Thanos the tesseract.

Loki wants to rule Earth because like all Asgardians he views Earth as inferior, the weakest of the Nine Realms which makes Earth easy for him to conquest and rule. You could even argue he was doing it to spite Thor who loves Midguard. I mean all this is in the movie. Years ago some of us in here even believed that this was all part of Loki’s plan in order to get back to Asgard and get his revenge, which actually worked out as he was King of Asgard for a while and even banished Odin himself.

Thor 1 and Avengers he was a huge threat. Thor 2 he was imprisoned by Odin and “died” by the guy who was giving Thor them 808s and heartbreaks. I agree, he didn’t need to be in Ragnarok but he’s been the bright spot of all the Thor films so naturally he was put in it.

Thanos has plenty of henchmen to choose from & yet there is no explanation on why he chooses Loki to carry out his mission. There is no explanation on how they ended up hooking up other than fan theories. I don't think Loki cared one iota about earth. He just wanted to get back to Asgard.

Whether intended or not, he technically screwed Thanos over making his quest for the Infinity Stones that much harder (I leave you to guess how he screwed over Thanos).

A1 is really a poorly conceived movie on all fronts.

Thanos has plenty of henchmen to choose from & yet there is no explanation on why he chooses Loki to carry out his mission. There is no explanation on how they ended up hooking up other than fan theories. I don't think Loki cared one iota about earth. He just wanted to get back to Asgard.

Whether intended or not, he technically screwed Thanos over making his quest for the Infinity Stones that much harder (I leave you to guess how he screwed over Thanos).

We all pretty much know Loki screwed Thanos, but that’s Loki for you. He cares about his own ambitions, not others.

Enjoyed BP, ALOT. I think it's my #2 all-time movie behind Winter Soldier.

Man, amazing movie and watching it on IMAX made the film even more enjoyable.

Is it unusual that we're this close to the Infinity War release day and we don't have a run time yet

I'm nervous that the movie won't be 3 hrs long lol

Nah this happened during the crappy Civil War/Dark Reign era, they ended up undoing it anyway

Something to discuss really. Black Panther's publication history isn't extensive like other Marvel characters that have made it to big & small screen. Coogler used a lot of the antagonists already.

I wonder who gets used next? Submariner? White Wolf? Will Batroc be used again in a BP movie?

:lol: @ Shuri being able to "fix" Bucky & Agent Ross but stark couldn't fix his buddy Rhodes. He should've bypassed stark & just went to Africa for some of that Wakandan healthcare.

Shuri > stark. :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom